THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

Originally Posted by offbad

does anyone else think that GSW just has a bad training/strength & conditioning staff?

nerd.gif
It's on Nellie. How can you play a couple guys 40+ minutes when you have reserves playing 0-10 mins a game. Then he has others playing 35 or so minutes a game. It's an uptempo system on top of that. So when someone goes down the next guy on the bench who was getting five mins a game gets 35 until someone comes back/if they come back. And that keeps on rotating until he runs out. Right now he's running out.

Nellie's mindset is dumb. He plays his best guys because the game is close. Then they start to tire out, but the game is still close enough he wants his best guys out there, no matter what quarter it is. Soon enough it's the fourth quarter and he's too scared to take them out because the game is still close. Then there's the fact that he hordes timeouts because the game might be close in the last minutes. By that time the Warriors are usually down 10 or so points and the players are gassed out. And he didn't want to use a timeout to rest his guys since he felt the need to save them in case the time came to use them in the end. Then us fans watch as he decides not use the final timeout(s) because he doesn't want the defense to get set on the other end.

Originally Posted by gusyouout

does anyone else think that GSW just has a bad training/strength & conditioning staff?

nerd.gif
It's on Nellie. How can you play a couple guys 40+ minutes when you have reserves playing 0-10 mins a game. Then he has others playing 35 or so minutes a game. It's an uptempo system on top of that. So when someone goes down the next guy on the bench who was getting five mins a game gets 35 until someone comes back/if they come back. And that keeps on rotating until he runs out. Right now he's running out.

Nellie's mindset is dumb. He plays his best guys because the game is close. Then they start to tire out, but the game is still close enough he wants his best guys out there, no matter what quarter it is. Soon enough it's the fourth quarter and he's too scared to take them out because the game is still close. Then there's the fact that he hordes timeouts because the game might be close in the last minutes. By that time the Warriors are usually down 10 or so points and the players are gassed out. And he didn't want to use a timeout to rest his guys since he felt the need to save them in case the time came to use them in the end. Then us fans watch as he decides not use the final timeout(s) because he doesn't want the defense to get set on the other end.

qft
look at stephen jackson last year he played alot of mins and he ended season injured

oh yeah OB?

I cant believe i was 2nd place for like 5 weeks straight, and im now in the 5th seed, about to miss the playoffs
smh.gif
smh.gif

and yeah, im a bit disappointed that there were no trades in our league. oh well.

i see what you're saying but how do we get players that keep getting injured, without playing?

nerd.gif
I've joked around before about Abdenour taking blame for the lack of health of our players. I remember also mentioning that his brother, Mike Abdenour, was the trainer in charge when Grant Hill played through an ankle injury that jeopardized his career.

Consider this in baseball... If you have a good hitting coach, but your hitters are swinging at anything and everything that comes their way, it's not the hitter's coach, it's the players. Still that hitting coach is fired because of the lack of results. I'm not saying Abdenour is a good or bad trainer, but if someone were to be held accountable, who else would it be?

Let's just say if Abdenour were to get fired, I would no be mad at all.

hmm point taken. but man these injuries...
smh.gif
makes it that much more taxing to be a fan of this "team"

his son went to my high school and man that kid was a dunce.

smh.gif

Oops, let me edit my post. I didn't exactly say what I really wanted to say.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

smh.gif

Oops, let me edit my post. I didn't exactly say what I really wanted to say.
oh okay yeah i see the edit.

me too though... something needs to change...

I know there's a few of you in here that know about bikes...
I'm looking for a decent bike to go on trails or maybe on the street... is this a good brand? I know absolutely nothing about them and this is the first thing that came up on google
laugh.gif
a2h-8aht_PIONEER_TRAIL_DISC_c1.jpg

The Warriors took the L but got damn they are always on point finding good D-League guys. Reggie Williams dropped 28. No doubt that he's a bonified scorer in an uptempo system (see his numbers @ VMI), but I didn't know he would do it in the league. I hope he can keep up the good work.

Quick question to you KNBR people, what happened to Fitz and Brooks at 12? Was it replaced by Damon Bruce? Did Fitz and Brook go to 1050?

Originally Posted by FRANCHISE 55

Damon Bruce went to 1050 from 12-4. FP Santangelo does Sportsphone now.

So Fitz and Brooks stayed on at 680? What about Dan Patrick show?

edit: I just looked at the program guide I guess they put Dan Patrick at 10pm on 1050. They kicked off that guy who did All Night w/ forget his name.

Back
Top Bottom