THE OFFICIAL SAN JOSE SHARKS SEASON THREAD!! PLAYOFFS VS CHICAGO WCF series 0-1

another loss
pimp.gif

Alvin Gentry on Reggie Williams (1 of 3): "I said, ‘Where the hell are you from?’ when he had the ball out of bounds."

Alvin Gentry on Reggie Williams (2 of 3): "He said, 'I'm from the D-League. I've been making 750 dollars a week.'"

Alvin Gentry on Reggie Williams (3 of 3): "Well, I think those days are over for him."

We kind of discussed this earlier in the thread, but a move to an easily accessible place by public transportation in SF would be dope. If not, then keep them in Oakland. Any other location would suck.

Originally Posted by Paul Is On Tilt

We kind of discussed this earlier in the thread, but a move to an easily accessible place by public transportation in SF would be dope. If not, then keep them in Oakland. Any other location would suck.

oh my bad
laugh.gif

Havent been keeping up with the thread too much, been hella busy

Remember when I wanted to record TV on my laptop, but a TV tuner couldn't work with my DirecTV DVR?

Since you have Directv. Directv uses encryption on all HD channels. It would be better to buy a HD capture Card.

------------

For HD Cards(HDMI or Component Recording)

You have Black Magic(HDMI & Component). There is no 5.1 Support to my knowledge. It's a Internal device that can be used on Mac or PC. If any of your HD channels have HDCP enabled HDMI ports will not work. Only channels, HDCP might be enabled on are PPV or VOD. All the others channels for now are HDCP Free. My one friend has it & she says it's unstable due to the software(atlease on the PC side).

Pro - 199.99

Avertv HD DVR High Definition(HDMI Only) - Internal PCe card. I have no idea on this card. Not much info on this card. Some claim that it will record in 720p/1080i. However it will only output the file in 480p.

HD-PVR - USB 2.0 Box. The easiest to use & most stable. It supports 5.1 surround sound via Optical Cable. It's a Component Only. btw This is the device I have. It only records to H.264 & has a onboard H.264 decoder.

A lot of this is in a language that I can't understand.
laugh.gif

For those of you who do understand what the guy is talking about, does it sound like it would work?
nerd.gif

wait-- so u have a DVR but you still wanna record it to your computer?
laugh.gif

seems like the last options might work for you.
maybe you should also look into the slingbox, paul. not sure if thats the way u wanna go abt it but it does record onto the comp.

I think I'm going to get a tivo, since you can just transfer recorded programs to a computer. Only thing, it only works with comcast.

Originally Posted by NothingToL0se

wait-- so u have a DVR but you still wanna record it to your computer?
laugh.gif

seems like the last options might work for you.
maybe you should also look into the slingbox, paul. not sure if thats the way u wanna go abt it but it does record onto the comp.
Yeah, I'm greedy.
laugh.gif

A Slingbox would record straight to my computer? I knew it streamed, but I didn't know it recorded.

I'm still probably leaning towards that HD PVR, though.

[h2]Warriors update: Sale unlikely to be finalized by July, so it’s Rowell-Riley-Nelson for a while longer[/h2]
Posted by Tim Kawakami on March 23rd, 2010 at 3:20 pm | Categorized as NBA, Warriors

Given the large dollars and anticipated posturing involved, can the Warriors’ sale possibly be finalized by mid-July?

“I’d be stunned if this gets done (by then),

Back
Top Bottom