The Official Seven Pounds movie thread...

just got back from seeing it and i am glad i didn't have to pay for it.
indifferent.gif
thing sucked.

rosario dawson ftw though.
pimp.gif

Man...at the beginning of the movie, I wanted to put a hurting on Will. I was so +%!$**+ angry.
mad.gif
smh.gif

But um...I have mixed feelings about this movie. I probably would hate to watch it again.

The skipping back and forth in his life was pretty annoying. Once he found his love for ol' girl with the heart condition, the movie slowed WAY down.

I haven't heard about eyeball transplants either.
laugh.gif
sick.gif
I guess it's okay to see with family or with your girl though. In order towatch that again, I need to be mad depressed and with a drink in hand. Only a life like his would make me feel better about myself.

PS...when Will Smith put the jellyfish in the tub at the end and was shaking and +$%!...I WAS DYYYYYYYYING.
roll.gif

It was more funny to look at the reaction of people in the audience. Folks looked mad hurt.

What did he write on the floor with the bathtub/jellyfish scene.

"DO NOT TOUCH THE JELLYFISH. GET ME something something something..."

Yea I didnt really understand the point/message of the movie until the end/75% way through the movie.

Originally Posted by MisterP0315

Man...at the beginning of the movie, I wanted to put a hurting on Will. I was so +%!$**+ angry.
mad.gif
smh.gif

But um...I have mixed feelings about this movie. I probably would hate to watch it again.

The skipping back and forth in his life was pretty annoying. Once he found his love for ol' girl with the heart condition, the movie slowed WAY down.

I haven't heard about eyeball transplants either.
laugh.gif
sick.gif
I guess it's okay to see with family or with your girl though. In order to watch that again, I need to be mad depressed and with a drink in hand. Only a life like his would make me feel better about myself.

Jessica Alba had an eyeball transplant in that movie THE EYE...

Originally Posted by NothinAfter

Originally Posted by Dunkaroos

Awful movie. So superficial and the sequencing wasn't meant for this movie.

Predicted the plot within the first 10 mins.
smh.gif

boring
dude is lyin
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
Seriously... that storyline was one of thecrazier ones I've seen...

I enjoyed it. I was a bit annoyed with the incoherence, but I guess that's what made the movie intriguing.

Type of movie I'd like to watch once and once only, just because some of the scenes are really saddening.

Why does no one believe he predicted it. I mean the 1st scene in the movie was the last scene once you saw a quick glance of the newspaper he was looking atyou get an idea whats gonna happen. Of course there's intricate parts to it and goes into detail but other than that aint nothing you couldnt gather withevidence prior to the ending

This movie wasn't as good as some of you were saying IMO, maybe it's because someone told me the ending before I watched it or something but to me itwas pretty mediocre.
I really didn't like how suddenly the movie ended I was expecting a little bit more of them spending time with each other.
ohwell.gif

2.5/5

Originally Posted by ScottHallWithAPick

Why does no one believe he predicted it. I mean the 1st scene in the movie was the last scene once you saw a quick glance of the newspaper he was looking at you get an idea whats gonna happen. Of course there's intricate parts to it and goes into detail but other than that aint nothing you couldnt gather with evidence prior to the ending
Okay...
eyes.gif
Well from the start or so I couldkind of GUESS what was going to happen... but there is no way (in my opinion) that you could predict that plot....
But hey, more power to him if he did!
If he did he gets a
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
pimp.gif
from me

Why does no one believe he predicted it. I mean the 1st scene in the movie was the last scene once you saw a quick glance of the newspaper he was looking at you get an idea whats gonna happen. Of course there's intricate parts to it and goes into detail but other than that aint nothing you couldnt gather with evidence prior to the ending
son nothing even happen in the first 10 min, except for the car accident
laugh.gif

I know a movie has to have a love story but they should have talked bout the mexican family a little more and maybe a back story on Holly, and maybe a reunionat the end

laugh.gif
ummm the phone call?

laugh.gif
ummm the phone call?

so when he made the phone call

you really thought to yourself...that he was gonna help seven people out?
grin.gif

MOVIE WAS PREDICTABLE.....AS IF THE JELLYFISH AND HIM SAYING HE WAS GOING TO DIE WERENT ENOUGH.....ONLY TWIST WAS HOW BAD HIS ACTING WAS

laugh.gif
ummm the phone call?

so when he made the phone call

you really thought to yourself...that he was gonna help seven people out?
grin.gif
No. But from the preview with the first 10 minutes I did. Did I know how and why? HELL NOW. But from the trailer and the 1st 10 minutes this whatI thought would happen
Spoiler [+]
He killed 7 people in a crash. He was going to help seven people in some form. And commit suicide because he couldn't face the guilt
Every part in there is right except the reasoning for the last he did what he did at the end for another reason

Spoiler [+]
How was the ending not obvious as soon as they say that she needs a transplant? And that one "villain" from the old folks home was just comical. I could not take this seriously.

Overall, it was pretty slow. Like the cat said earlier, I figured this one out pretty early - it was just a matter of how he'd do it, etc. I guess I'mstill thinking about why he chose the people he did (if they were analogous to the lives he atoned for), and why he allowed himself to have a relationship withRosario Dawson that just couldn't pan out. I think a greater emphasis on how his life changed between the incident and his final atonement, or on thephilosophy behind it would have fleshed the movie out a bit. It had a ton of potential, but I think parts were just hacked together.

Good film .
pimp.gif

Real talk , Will Smith is one of my favorite actors , that's why it was hard for me to cry while watching this movie .I think that's because he gets incharacter so GOOD I don't look at him as Will Smith . Most people were probably crying because they know it's Will Smith &nd that he's a gooddude in reality . I wasn't emotionally attatched to his character ... he seems like an #!+!#@+ until the last ten minutes .
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom