The OFFICIAL Shox VC post - ripping, performance, colorways

I just wore mine for the first time and they perform great. Personally I felt that the bb4's were the best balling shoes I have ever put on my feet, but after today it definitely is the VC's.
As for the ripping, I have not experienced it yet. However there are little tears that started all over the shoe's. Nothing major that will make me return them.
So after about 3-4 hours there are no Rips, just minor tears here and there.

$160 for a sneakers that may (if not probably) rip just after some serious playings?
I like the VC SHOX and I'm going to get at least one of the colourways, but isn't that "sad"? Someone should tell NIKE before another VC SHOX that may rip easily comes out.

I played in my VC SHOX blk/red for the first time last week. After 2 hours of play, small tears started to form just over the toe box area, where the plastic skeleton touches the upper. They aren't huge rips, but there's still no excuse for Nike to be charging that much for a shoe with sub-par materials. It's not enough for me to return them though, because they are dope shoes to ball in. Nike just needs to change the upper. Like the ones used for the Flightposite KG's, because that material flexed but was super durable. My 2 cents.

I have 2 pairs already and i play ball twice a week,hasnt ripped and dont think itll rip, but i do think they are the best ball shoes ever made so far,peace.

I played in mine again twice this week -- which brings total hours played in up to 7. This has been all indoors and there are no rips thus far. I normally wear a 14 and chose to wear a 15 after the 14 wouln't even zip up. Very comfortable. I would like to hear form Nike if they plan a new upper. $160 for a upper on the fence of tearing is pretty bad.

just to share with you all, these are actual pics of my vc shox which were taken yesterday...i normally wear size 9, but got half a size bigger....they are really tight, better comfort than the bb4

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

[size=+3]Lion~O[/size]Lord of the Thundercats..guided by the spirit of JagaKeeper of the Sword of Omens. Although his body is fully developed, his mind is that of a child. with the Sword of Omens and enchanted claw shield at his side Lion-O has powers that rival those of all the Thundercats. With Jaga's guidance, in "spirit" form, Lion-O has learned to trust in the Sword of Omens and the Code that binds all Thunderians.

just about to say i got mine today, and i was gonna post the same pics.....wat i dont like is that the last pic u posted, the shoes look like the RIGHT shoe is on the LEFT side and vice versa......and when i put mine on, the bottom of the shoe felt hard.....will it change?

I loved the shox bb4 and wore them for home games this year, but our uniforms are white/orange black/red, red/black, Carolina blue and navy/gold dont really go with them at all. Are there any other colors, or are they paintable?

I think it's bad that Nike dropped the "speed toggle lacing system". The laces on the sample sale pairs were very thin and had a lacelock - no need to lace them the usual way anymore. I wonder why they turned back to normal laces...

Check the thin laces and the lacelock here:
VCsamples.jpg

Ced
Don't read this sentence.

"Do I have a lot of confidence in him? No."

Don Nelson, on Shawn Bradley

I want to see a pic of the inside of the shoes with the zipper down, does anyone have a pic of that?????
Say's Who, Say's Da' KiDD............

No, these are either official wear-test samples or sale samples, I don't know what exactly. The pics are courtesy of KUYAKOY, our former provider with such pics. :smile:
smile.gif

I don't think that this colorway will be released, though.

Ced

After looking at this post I examined my Shox and noticed a few very small tears. 3
I'm not complaining. These are the best sneaks
I've ran in ever. My feet are to wide for the fp3.
I had to return those after 3 wears.
I hope they don't pull them off the shelves.

If you want these for walk arounds I would not purchase them.
But if you're a baller I see the rips as scuff marks.

I have the red shox but I will purchase the black and silver when they are released.

the black/red's have already been released....

Ced - Yes that color wioll be released, just in silver/lapis and not silver/red (released in May)

^^^ yeah, I know about the lapis-shox colorway, I meant that this specific colorway won't be released. I might have not been clear enough.

Thanks though,
Ced

hey Lionheart!

nice pics!

you got ur VC Shox earlier? the VC Shox drop here in the philippines today right?

how much did u get them for? were u able to avail of a discount or something? i plan on buying a pair myself. can u help me out? tnx!

dx,

bro, i got a 10% discount. hit me up at [email protected] if you're interested for the hook-up....i think the retail stores only have 2 pairs per size.

they'll be sold-out fast i think :wink:
wink.gif

[size=+3]Lion~O[/size]Lord of the Thundercats..guided by the spirit of JagaKeeper of the Sword of Omens. Although his body is fully developed, his mind is that of a child. with the Sword of Omens and enchanted claw shield at his side Lion-O has powers that rival those of all the Thundercats. With Jaga's guidance, in "spirit" form, Lion-O has learned to trust in the Sword of Omens and the Code that binds all Thunderians.

Oh sorry Ced.

But material of the skin is quite dif. from the released ones.

And I do have seen these damn fakes in this colorway :\
ohwell.gif

Thanks for the pics air max XI, I tryed on a pair of them yeasterday and found out that they run very small, I were a size 10.5,but I will have to get an 11, didn't quite get a chance to feel the comfort, but I'm sure I will soon..........
Say's Who, Say's Da' KiDD............

Just got my Shox VC's the other day. Cant wait to ball in em. But i noticed on the tag inside the shoe where it has the size there is a stamp on it that says ES. Its in both the left and right sneakers too. I looked at them throughly and it looked like nike craftsmanship. They look as real as they can be but Im still curious about what ES means. Im no real shoe expert so can someone help me out?

dunno wat it means.....probably something like "tested to see if a good product" or somtin like dat....
also on my VCs there is a part of the outside layer which isnt stretched to be in normal place.....ill take a pic and ill get it up in a couple of mins, does anyone also have this?

ES means that they were originally sold through a Nike Employee Store (ES). I know there is one in Portland and I've heard there is one in Memphis. Someone probably got some shoes at the employee store and returned them to the store you bought them at.

Back
Top Bottom