THE OFFICIAL TEAM POSITE THREAD

Originally Posted by HEADdetective

It's all a matter of opinion.

Get over it.

....HEAD
I don't think so....the average "sneakerhead" just getting into kicks will be getting their information from websites like nice kicks, sneakernews, etc..., that put out these "opinion lists", and the result is that they believe this is the widespread consensus of the sneaker community.
I can't tell you how many resellers and sellers on eBay have sent me messages, while we're negotiating, quoting these sites.

trust me....if putting another foam at the #1 spot wouldn't cause such an uproar in the community, they would've been done it by now as well.

Pana 
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by Mayhemgatz

Get over it.

....HEAD
I don't think so....the average "sneakerhead" just getting into kicks will be getting their information from websites like nice kicks, sneakernews, etc..., that put out these "opinion lists", and the result is that they believe this is the widespread consensus of the sneaker community.
I can't tell you how many resellers and sellers on eBay have sent me messages, while we're negotiating, quoting these sites.

trust me....if putting another foam at the #1 spot wouldn't cause such an uproar in the community, they would've been done it by now as well.

Pana 
smokin.gif

At the end of the day, it's all still subjective...no?If you're basing this merely off resale value and negotiations about money, then your point may seem valid.However, if it's about what you like, and what I like, and what the next man likes, every list would be different. ....HEAD

Get over it.

....HEAD

Pana 
smokin.gif

At the end of the day, it's all still subjective...no?If you're basing this merely off resale value and negotiations about money, then your point may seem valid.However, if it's about what you like, and what I like, and what the next man likes, every list would be different. ....HEAD
Even with what people like...those lists are just mixing the newcomers to the foamposite line and the og's who been buying foams since their inception.
Which is why the royal foam one will always reign supreme imo.

that's the shoe that will always live in infamy for most of us except i've seen dudes trading they're only pairs of royals to get the newer BS 
tired.gif

1st foamposite even in my life,
will rock it soon:D

i would say i pick this up mainly due to this threat!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif

558351_10151427515060107_599875106_23617423_1703107269_n.jpg

539062_10151427516445107_599875106_23617425_305515758_n.jpg

534319_10151427518380107_599875106_23617431_1995198517_n.jpg

List is wack period.... just random foams put in a list,with the most recently hyped up pairs towards the top. If thats dudes "opinion" of whats hot in the foam game
eyes.gif

Originally Posted by dariusgrand

I hope flightposites make a short return don't need Nike to ruin another classic model
grin.gif
this
l Knicks Fresh Knick l wrote:
thanks guys, i need to take a pic with my J kidds also, i forgot
no you dont...
30t6p3b.gif
nice FPs tho lol

Originally Posted by jasonny12

1st foamposite even in my life,
will rock it soon:D

i would say i pick this up mainly due to this threat!
bfe15f69a6b6fa20a2956815c5e1a03ffcddf92.gif
nice place to start, hope its not your last... dont fall into the hype.

wore these sunday for a rainy day in socal.

My top 10 posite list
Carbon fp1
Royals
Volts
Armies
Eggplant fp1
Jkidds fp1
Black/gum pro
02 pearls
Charal/red fp1
Tb red - Olympic fp2 (tie)

l Knicks Fresh Knick l wrote:
thanks guys, i need to take a pic with my J kidds also, i forgot
no you dont...
30t6p3b.gif
nice FPs tho lol

wink.gif

539296_832946906108_54706694_34877017_35815146_n.jpg

and damn NYC nice list.

I gotta say

1) Royals
2) TB White Red and black Flightposite 1's
3) KG flightposite Olympics
4) J Kidd Flightposite
5) Flightposite 1's GOLD

I can't give a list of anything else, I just love Foams & flights

Notables.

Caro Foams, White and Green Flightposite 3's
Eggplant flightposite, Pearl Foamposite

Pana 
smokin.gif

Even with what people like...those lists are just mixing the newcomers to the foamposite line and the og's who been buying foams since their inception.
Which is why the royal foam one will always reign supreme imo.

that's the shoe that will always live in infamy for most of us except i've seen dudes trading they're only pairs of royals to get the newer BS 
tired.gif

NEVER!!!!  I just can't make sense of that.  OK, so maybe if by some chance somebody traded you like a pair of Galaxies for your 2011 royals and another pair of foams, like some pewters or something, you could make that switch, flip the Galaxies for a quick $1500, go on FC or the bay and re-cop DS pairs of 2011 royals and pewters for a total of no more than $800 and still have $800 in your pocket.  Only way I could make sense of that.  I have 07 Royals that I wouldn't really trade for a pair of anything unless I could also get the money for a DS pair of 07 royals. (mine aren't DS).  
As far as it all being a matter of opinion, I stand by Mayhem's point that it's this younger, more thirsty generation of sneaker enthusiasts is only learning the value of a pair of kicks based on how limited they were during the release or how hyped up the colorway was for no apparent reason.  For old dudes like us, what are now retros were part of a timeline of sports and sneaker-culture for us during their OG release.  It's why we call Foam 1's "Penny Foams" or CB34 Barkleys "Godzilla's". The VI and XI DMP pack means something to us because we WATCHED Mike win championships in those shoes, not because the pack is worth X amount of money.  Just how things go, I guess, but I think it comes down to seeing a list like that and feeling like the shoe is being mis-represented.  

^^yup....i got my ds backup of 07 royals via trade for some Cool Grey XI's when they dropped and i've seen more similar trades as well on these buy/sell/trade groups on FB.
These kids don't know $#!t these days....most can't even tell you what team Penny originally played for. Shiiii....call him Anfernee and they'll look at you like this --> 
indifferent.gif

alien.gif

Dope Dean 
smokin.gif
smokin.gif
smokin.gif

I don't even know what my list would look like....there's just too many to choose from and if i had to put only top 3 or 5....they'd all be FP1 
grin.gif

I'm in negotiations right now with someone for DS Dark Armies.

Damn, I really don't want to break the bank on these but I've been searching for so long for these in my size.

Looks like at the very LEAST I'm looking at $650 
sick.gif
tired.gif
. When I just copped deadstock 2001 royal pros for less than half that I just have to wonder ..

Originally Posted by NiceLikeChrist

Looks like at the very LEAST I'm looking at $650 
sick.gif
tired.gif
. When I just copped deadstock 2001 royal pros for less than half that I just have to wonder ..
the number of pairs between the two shoes aren't even comparable. Sure the royals are hard to find DS because so many people bought them to actually ball in and beat up....but the small number of Armies out there edges it out and trust....lots of Armies are getting worn into the ground 
smokin.gif

should've kept my 2nd pair....sz12 just doesn't come around enough 
tired.gif

Back
Top Bottom