The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

If Nadal wins. He's going to beat fed. He's going to pound to his backhand the whole match like he always does. And even though it's sucks, why shouldn't he? It works.

Literally the greatest thing to happen for tennis is years if Nadal makes it through. Ratings would be through the roof for both matches.

Rafa :pimp:

Hope fed doesn't fold to nadal. If I'm him n I win im retiring

Winning another slam would be a good time to retire but winning one will have him thinking he can win more and he'll keep playing. I think he'll only hang it up if he has a really bad injury or start getting washed in the second round of tournaments.

yea I don't see Rog beating Nadal. Nada's got the mental edge in that matchup every single time

Only hope is potentially if Fed's serve is on point early on and he can take it quickly, otherwise in 5 sets he's got no chance.

yea I don't see Rog beating Nadal. Nada's got the mental edge in that matchup every single time

Only hope is potentially if Fed's serve is on point early on and he can take it quickly, otherwise in 5 sets he's got no chance.

Nadal has no chance vs the form Dmitrov is in, same for Fed. Dmitrov playing outerspace tennis currently. And doesnt look remotely tired

Excellent match, both guys really displayed excellent tennis. The finals are a dream come true for me. Nadal v. Fed/ on the men's side. Serena v. Venus on the women's side. AMAZING.

Fedal and Williamses final... totally saw this coming... RIGHT?!

But what a match... Grigor was playing so well and looked the fresher in the 5th.  Didn't think Rafa was gonna pull it out.  Grigor's defense and retrieval was very impressive... something he's clearly worked on.  And his fitness has also improved so much.   Considering how poor his 2016 was, this was quite a 180.  Let's see how he takes this loss... positively, I hope.

Fedal... crazy that we're back here again... but it's all in Fed's favor now... faster courts/balls, the extra day of rest, the Rafa-marathon... plus he's a crafty player... Rafa pounding his BH won't be enough.  

I just hope it'll be competitive. 

Back
Top Bottom