The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

It's not that simple.

Graf was a beast. Homie thought she was 80s, clearly he don't know. She was great well into the 90s.

Last edited:
I have never felt so uncomfortable watching a tennis match ever.

Welp, my head was right. It felt like Serena could've and should've put away the match sooner.

I feel so bad for Venus... More than likely the last time we'll ever see her in a final.

Last edited:
Serena too good. Happy for Venus though.

Steffi vs. Serena would be something.

Give me Graf.

:lol:

Serena beat Graf's record playing a very high level of tennis combined with a much more gruelling schedule of tennis.

Serena is the superior player.

Possibly.

I like Graf.

Many of us like Graf too. I respect her immensely for what she's done.

But Serena is just on another level.

I agree, but comparing eras like that isn't so simple with tennis.

Steffi was ahead of her time, but playing all-time competition. Serena is definitely the most dominant, but against far inferior talent to play.

Nothing there is arguable.

While the conversation is poppin', where do folks stand on the best ever for the men?

Sampras, Federer, Nadal?...Others?

Last edited:
Serena too good. Happy for Venus though.

Steffi vs. Serena would be something.

Give me Graf.

:lol:

Serena beat Graf's record playing a very high level of tennis combined with a much more gruelling schedule of tennis.

Serena is the superior player.

Possibly.

I like Graf.

Many of us like Graf too. I respect her immensely for what she's done.

But Serena is just on another level.

I agree, but comparing eras like that isn't so simple with tennis.

Steffi was ahead of her time, but playing all-time competition. Serena is definitely the most dominant, but against far inferior talent to play.

Nothing there is arguable.

Don't get me wrong, I don't it would be a massacre. But I personally think if you put them both together in their prime, I think Serena would come out on top.

I'm disappointed that Steffi didn't show up at least in the crowd to see Serena break her record. :smh:

Going to bed on that note. I didn't expect Graf to be there. When she retired she really retired. It's evident that she wants nothing to do with tennis.

She showed up to the U.S. Open in 2015 when we thought Serena was gonna tie the record.

Still never forget when many people including most on here, said Serena's career was over after the first round exit in Roland Garos in 2012.

Last edited:
I hate it when ESPN shows the misleading stat of how many Slams Serena won in her 30s compared to Steffi.

It's kind of hard to win a Slam in your 30s when you retire at 29.
eyes.gif

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom