The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 French Open)

I am all the way good on Vika. Glad she got bounced.

Nothing against Sabalenka, but her extended grunts really drive me mad.

Crowd started mocking her when she played Barty years ago.

Ignore the weirdo title.

Martina Trevisan is another big time offender.

It felt like the match was decided once Vika missed that huge opportunity to break in the first set at 5-all on Rybakina’s serve. She had her chances to get back in the match, but the errors/double faults started piling up and Rybakina began playing much better in the second set.

I give Rybakina the edge in the final, but Sabalenka’s been pretty impressive. Seems like she’s not double faulting as much this year (or at least at this tournament).

The quality of these last two sets has been pretty incredible. The power, the shot-making... Definitely one of the better women's finals I've seen in a while, imo.

Last edited:
🤭😅

Not that I watch a lot of Sabalenka, but comms were saying that was the best she's played in a while, so fair play to her. Upped her game after the 1st and took it to Ryba.

Sabalenka finally got over the hump! She has definitely changed her attitude. I remember Halep had to go through that before she finally won.

Stef had half chances in the 2nd, but wasn't able to step up... and that 2nd set TB... Yikes. Also had a chance to make things interesting in the 3rd with his early break, but Novak was just too solid. Match was more one-sided than expected.

Final was pretty much a non-event.

The support from the Serbian community at Melbourne seemed bigger than ever.

Shout out my young queen AP.... Very special player

Alycia-Parks-696x528.jpg

Pliskova withdrew less than an hour after Iga’s win.

She wanted nothing to do with that incoming beat down.

Looks like Meddy is finally back. He won his third tournament in a row after beating Rublev in Dubai (took out Djokovic in straights in the semis as well). 13 wins in a row for Medvedev.

Back
Top Bottom