The Official Tennis Thread (Vol. 2024 US Open)

Nole...
sick.gif
sick.gif
sick.gif

eek.gif
 What a result.  Nole could have, should have done some things much better, but Isto was awesome.  Played very aggressive, defended well and hit his serves when it counted.  

Crazy that we get these 
eek.gif
 results every so often... Fed-Stakhs, Fed-Tsonga, Fed-Robredo, Rafa-Rosol, Rafa-Verdasco... and now Nole.  

And as we speak, Aga is gone too! 

:smh: life comes at you fast.

I tried to watch that final set before heading off to meetings. I figured it would be taken care of somehow....

I guess not. |I

that was a shocker. 

Istomin was playing the game of his life.

Becker: "I sat next to Toni Nadal and Bresnik. We were all bewildered at how absent Novak was." 

Nole needs to reevaluate some things and reach out to NT's TheWindScar31 to break him down so that he can play better.

Nole needs to reevaluate some things and reach out to NT's TheWindScar31 to break him down so that he can play better.
roll.gif

As much as I like booing that man. I really do prefer it when he loses in at least the semis. 

He's the perfect villain for me in the sport. Kind of player anyone should be beyond proud to beat. 

mean.gif
life comes at you fast.

I tried to watch that final set before heading off to meetings. I figured it would be taken care of somehow....

I guess not.
tired.gif
Seemed like his head was still not right.  At times he looked like his old self, while others, it was pedestrian-like.  Like in the 3rd, he was very sharp and bossin' the points.  I expected him easily take the 4th, but Isto had other ideas.  He would have beaten a lot of players today.

that was a shocker. 

Istomin was playing the game of his life.

Becker: "I sat next to Toni Nadal and Bresnik. We were all bewildered at how absent Novak was." 
I'm not sure what the story was... but did he fire Becker or did they mutually split?  

Hey guys I want to go to the bnp parabis open in two months to see Venus & Serena play. Is there anyway to know before hand when in the first round they would play or do you have to guess and hope?

what a classy performance by Roger 
pimp.gif
 Not even a chance for Berdych. The game against Nishikori will be intense.  

Seemed like his head was still not right.  At times he looked like his old self, while others, it was pedestrian-like.  Like in the 3rd, he was very sharp and bossin' the points.  I expected him easily take the 4th, but Isto had other ideas.  He would have beaten a lot of players today.

I'm not sure what the story was... but did he fire Becker or did they mutually split?  
The contract expired and they could not agree to a new deal. Becker did not want to work with this Spain esoteric (Pepe Imaz) and the growing influence he has on Novak. Btw Vajda isn't a friend of Imaz too. So Novak had to decide between Becker and Imaz. The guru won and now Novak has to deal with the consequences. 

Mad I missed the Fed Berdych match. 

Saw the Coco and Bouchard match was close. Can't wait for the Nishikori Federer match. 

Given Nole's play as of late I think desperate times call for desperate measures. I will join my NT brother and friend TheWindScar31 in bashing Nole. Nole doesn't need positive reinforcement anymore.

That was a great match between Rafa and Sascha.  That kid's very impressive... struck the ball so well, especially on the backhand.  Still rough around the edges (like his volleying and fitness), but he was fearless.  Rafa fought like he usually does, which was good to see.

Back
Top Bottom