The Official Wale Thread: Ambitions in Stores 11.1.11

Just went to one of his concerts tonight, previewed some of his new album and alot of hits and have to say they were :tongue:iff, there wasnt a big crowd but made it fun involvin a bunch of the crowd,have to say one of the best concerts to come in my area, plus he pointed out my Glow in the Dark Zoom Rookies which was pretty dope
pimp.gif
, gonna have to grab that album....

Ambition
pimp.gif
is easily the best track on this joint Meek Millz killed it, I might purchase just to support dude I enjoyed all his mixtapes but this I give it a 2/5.
grin.gif

Originally Posted by Hoosier Bad Boy 11

Ambition
pimp.gif
is easily the best track on this joint Meek Millz killed it, I might purchase just to support dude I enjoyed all his mixtapes but this I give it a 2/5.
grin.gif

I can't stop playing this track.

Legendary, Chain Music and Ambition are the only songs i will ever listen again ... DC or Nothing maybe ...

I was praying (not literally) for this dude Wale to own all these Wiz and Cudi bammas, but he just fell flat ... I was even gonna give him a pass on a few joints because I was trying to *++% with dude ... I know you read NT my dude, so just know you let a rack of people down in the M ...

Really tried to like this album but honestly wasnt feeling more than a handful of songs at that.

Hope it sells well and he finds more success though. Best of luck to him

Originally Posted by AgentArenas

Really tried to like this album but honestly wasnt feeling more than a handful of songs at that.

Hope it sells well and he finds more success though. Best of luck to him

This. I'm actually genuinely disappointed by this album. Guess the hype got the best of me
ohwell.gif

Ambitions
pimp.gif

DC or nothing
pimp.gif

like someone said tho I don't feel the album title really matches the album at all.
ohwell.gif

More about nothing>>>>Ambitions

Besides Legendary and maybe Double M Genius I can't see myself enjoying this album.
I never liked Wale's Beat selection. I almost gave Ambition a Thumbs up until I figured out it was Lil Wayne's She Will beat.
That's just a personal pet peeve of mine

I guess we were all spoiled with solid mixtapes and disappointed with less then stellar albums.

I'll be listening to 100 Miles and Running and Mixtape about Nothing until Wale shows me better.

i feel like wale may never win yall over. lol
in his words "hate is the new love"

i dont think you guys are actually listening to what he is saying on the songs anymore. i wish we could get acapella albums

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

i dont think you guys are actually listening to what he is saying on the songs anymore. i wish we could get acapella albums
its not hate.....

It's honesty.....But everyone has there own opinion. 

Like lupe....hes a good artist but just like laser it was wack....Im not gonna say its dope because I like him.

If you listen to what he is saying you would realize that most of the lyrics are garbage on thus album...did you hear Miami nights??  Just the chorus alone is wack.

After signing to mmg I was expecting him to go in on tracks like he did with pandemonium.

true hip hop heads know the deal.

I can only rock with the 1st 3 tracks and Focused

the 1st 3 tracks are bangers hands down

Originally Posted by dimez81

Originally Posted by SoleWoman

its not hate.....

It's honesty.....But everyone has there own opinion. 

Like lupe....hes a good artist but just like laser it was wack....Im not gonna say its dope because I like him.

If you listen to what he is saying you would realize that most of the lyrics are garbage on thus album...did you hear Miami nights??  Just the chorus alone is wack.

After signing to mmg I was expecting him to go in on tracks like he did with pandemonium.

true hip hop heads know the deal.
no

As many have mentioned...

DC or Nothing
Legendary
Ambition

all go hard....

As for the rest...Im kind of irritated he put on stuff thats been out for awhile now such as "That Way" and "Chain Music." I understand "That Way" is picking up steam for him commercially but he should have made it a bonus track and saved the slot for something better.

In my opinion, its a good album...but it comes off as a commercially driven attempt to please his new fans as opposed to the ones who have been listening since Paint a Picture.

Back
Top Bottom