The Official Windows 7 Thread vol. BETA is now available

Does it come with Microsoft Works Word Processor?

I just got a new laptop and Vista 2 weeks ago but I'm going to try Windows 7 out.

BTW, what happens in August when the beta expires? Will we be forced to go out and buy the software?

Originally Posted by Carlos Tevez

I just got a new laptop and Vista 2 weeks ago but I'm going to try Windows 7 out.

BTW, what happens in August when the beta expires? Will we be forced to go out and buy the software?
I don't think any version of windows comes with Word
you have to buy it separately (microsoft office)

Originally Posted by knightngale

Every single PC I've bought has come with Microsoft Word. Is there any way to transfer my Vista version of Word to Windows 7? This might be adeal breaker for me
ohwell.gif

I took the risk and just installed it as the primary OS, as an upgrade from Vista, no new install. Works perfect, only had one problem. It recognized myiPhone as a camera and iTunes didn't detect it. I googled and found a solution so it works fine now. Other than that I love the look, it's fast ashell, even my internet is faster. All my apps and drivers work perfect. Way better than Vista, and I actually liked Vista.

If you have an iPhone and have that problem, here's the solution

http://chris123nt.com/2008/11/10/get-ipod-touch-working-in-windows-7-x64/http://chris123nt.com/200...working-in-windows-7-x64/

Every single PC I've bought has come with Microsoft Word. Is there any way to transfer my Vista version of Word to Windows 7? This might be a deal breaker for me
ohwell.gif

Just install as an upgrade and all your programs will be there, including Word, Office, etc.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

windows sucks

Great contribution
grin.gif

Just install as an upgrade and all your programs will be there, including Word, Office, etc.
How about my other files such as music/school/pictures/etc? Will they still be there after "upgrading"? I already have backups toeverything, just wondering.

Originally Posted by Mateen Cleaves

windows sucks

Great contribution
grin.gif

How about my other files such as music/school/pictures/etc? Will they still be there after "upgrading"? I already have backups to everything, just wondering.

yeah if you upgrade, everything is still there. I installed it on top of vista using vmware workstation, its beautiful and surprisingly quick.

Originally Posted by Barry McCoknher

I took the risk and just installed it as the primary OS, as an upgrade from Vista, no new install. Works perfect, only had one problem. It recognized my iPhone as a camera and iTunes didn't detect it. I googled and found a solution so it works fine now. Other than that I love the look, it's fast as hell, even my internet is faster. All my apps and drivers work perfect. Way better than Vista, and I actually liked Vista.

If you have an iPhone and have that problem, here's the solution

http://chris123nt.com/2008/11/10/get-ipod-touch-working-in-windows-7-x64/http://chris123nt.com/2008/11/10/get-ipod-touch-working-in-windows-7-x64/http://chris123nt.com/200...working-in-windows-7-x64/

Every single PC I've bought has come with Microsoft Word. Is there any way to transfer my Vista version of Word to Windows 7? This might be a deal breaker for me
ohwell.gif

im bout to try the beta out.. %*%% it
pimp.gif

ohwell.gif
works word processor is not microsoft word.

Windows 7 sounds really promising but I'll wait until people try it for a little longer to see what bugs this version may have.

man i really want to do this but i'm afraid of something going wrong and messing everything up lol

I love it. Quick as hell, startup is less than 30 seconds for me (Fresh install on a partitioned HDD) so its normal. It'll probably start slowing downafter I install more applications. So far though, its great.

I'll have to check it out. I'm a lil salty because I just bought Vista for my PC I just built though...
smh.gif

Originally Posted by AirAsianJordan

if i download this. how can i go back to XP?
If you install this on top of XP, all your previous files will be deleted, everything will be wiped off. I recommend dual booting like someonealready stated on a previous page. I'm not sure when the final build of 7 is gonna be out. I don't understand how some of you guys that are using thisbeta as a primary OS are going to go back to whatever you were using after the beta ends.

Back
Top Bottom