The Official World Champion New York Yankees Offseason Thread

Our offense is gonna be nothing like it was last year
smh.gif
we need a serious upgrade in pitching

Nick Johnson looking like an ogre in that profile pic.

Welcome back, I guess *shrugs*

Damn Yoda, I would not have been cool with myself after seeing those pics...

Even got to take a pic with the trophy.
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by bkmac

I can't wait to have the season start, whenever he does something good, we're all gonna be like "CURTISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!"
roll.gif
I'm looking forward to that.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Nick Johnson
grin.gif
...meh.

Losing out Damon and Matsui is not cool at all...

best of luck to melky, but im excited for javy again. the guy can still pitch and he should be a good bottom of the rotation guy.

If I remember correctly, Javier Vazquez last stint with the Yankees was a lot less than stellar. I recall being disappointed with his play. Could be that thosewere around the Jaret Wright, Kevin Brown years.
sick.gif

Melky will be missed. Does this open up the door for Johnny Damon to return?
nerd.gif

We just traded Melky to the Braves for Javier Vasquez.
sick.gif

I don't like it.

Cano must be on suicide watch.
Originally Posted by HarlemToTheBronx

If I remember correctly, Javier Vazquez last stint with the Yankees was a lot less than stellar. I recall being disappointed with his play. Could be that those were around the Jaret Wright, Kevin Brown years.
sick.gif

Melky will be missed. Does this open up the door for Johnny Damon to return?
nerd.gif
Yeah, Javier didn't pitch all that well with us. Maybe this time it will be different? I don't like how we gave up Arodys Vizcaino though,he's a really good pitching prospect.

You'll be missed Melky. Time to for the Melkman to deliver for the Braves
ohwell.gif

Man, the Sterling calls are just depleting.

No more Melky.
smh.gif

No more Godzilla.
smh.gif
frown.gif
tired.gif

No more Damon(?)

Hello CURTISSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Welcome back Nick Johnson
grin.gif

Welcome back Javier Vasquez.
grin.gif
alien.gif

aw man i still dont have the bad taste of javy vazquez out my mouth from the last time (PAUSE)

we'll see how it goes, and best of luck to the melk man. Hopefully it doesnt affect Cano too much

Javy is in the last year of his contract, maybe he can duplicate what he did this past season.. Who knows, Melk will be missed, this is a big loss to thisteam's chemistry.

Damn Braves got ripped off Melky? of all people he is a bottom of the batting order guy probably 7 or 8th he is a poor mans Nate McLouth.

I know how Melky plays, but he is not the power bat the Braves need he is a meh player even though you Yankees fans lost him he is certainly expendable foryou.

Vazquez was probably the best pitcher the Braves had and was a beast +200 IP and 238 K's 2.87 ERA he was also one of the best in the NL i thought theycould've gotten something better in return even though Vazquez was in his final year.

his era will def. rise in the AL ... w/ the added run support Vasquez's second stint should be better ... and as a 4th starter ... can't be mad aboutthe move ... but it remains to be seen who will replace melky

Back
Top Bottom