The Official Write Your Own Bot/RSVP Thread - Asking to buy one = Restricted from thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have everything complete even the .crx conversion thats not the issue the issue is not TLO anymore i have read....
the crx is only an auto add to cart bot, it does not snipe the twiiter link. you should be able to go to nikestore.com and test it right now, if it is working properly it will auto add your pre selected sz to cart as soon as you load a shoe product page with your pre selected sz available.

yes it does add the size to my cart but what i am saying is that before this weekend it use to auto grab the link twitter shot out and take me to the shoe auto add the size and i would check out manually now it doesn't grab the link (retro 4 glow) now i understand it was not a TLO shoe and from the looks of it the up coming next releases are not TLO soooo with that being said back to clicking the link manually ? or has anyone already jumped in that water and figured it out ? sorry guise just trying to figure it out before weekends to come .. thanks in advance 

yes it does add the size to my cart but what i am saying is that before this weekend it use to auto grab the link twitter shot out and take me to the shoe auto add the size and i would check out manually now it doesn't grab the link (retro 4 glow) now i understand it was not a TLO shoe and from the looks of it the up coming next releases are not TLO soooo with that being said back to clicking the link manually ? or has anyone already jumped in that water and figured it out ? sorry guise just trying to figure it out before weekends to come .. thanks in advance 
TLO Releases = You keeping yout twitter scanner bot pointed at @nikestore's tweets. Nike tweets the link and your twitter bot opens the page for you. Then your autoadd to cart bot adds the size in your cart.

Non TLO-Releases = You searching nike.com for the particular shoe you want. When 5AM hits, the product link will go live, you shoe click on the link manually and then the autoadd to cart bot adds the size in your cart.

Nothing has changed. The above steps have been going on all year. Maybe NDC decided not to do TLO for the Green Glows and Fear Packs for whatever other reason but the scripts at the end of the day still work as originally designed.

ah ok so i might have it wrong by saying nike has gotten rid of the TLO hopefully that is the case so error on my side because i sat there like a goon waiting for the link to grab =/ thanks for your help man appreciate it so the link that nike posts on the twitter is that the actually link that i can just have in the status bar and just refresh at 8 am or do i need to navigate the site looking for the shoe then click it ? sorry i have only ever dealt with TLO releases only 

ah ok so i might have it wrong by saying nike has gotten rid of the TLO hopefully that is the case so error on my side because i sat there like a goon waiting for the link to grab =/ thanks for your help man appreciate it so the link that nike posts on the twitter is that the actually link that i can just have in the status bar and just refresh at 8 am or do i need to navigate the site looking for the shoe then click it ? sorry i have only ever dealt with TLO releases only 
By the time Nike tweets the link on Non-TLO releases, it's already too late.

Different people have different methods on finding the link on NDC. Some people search for the product number, others search for the actual name of the shoe, others just refresh the New Release page. It's all up to you.

question:

with the thinking there needs to be mouse events recorded to avoid being flagged, what if you are purchasing on a smart phone or ipad? is there still mouse events involved? If not, how do they know if you ordered on a lap top, or tablet etc?

Last edited:

With the green glows Nike tweeted a link to multiple sizes instead of just Men's size like they do for the limited releases. If they're tweeting a link to multiple sizes you need to add to your code so that the bot automatically clicks on the men's size... Then the add to cart function will do the rest.

question:

with the thinking there needs to be mouse events recorded to avoid being flagged, what if you are purchasing on a smart phone or ipad? is there still mouse events involved? If not, how do they know if you ordered on a lap top, or tablet etc?

you get a mobile site if you are on a mobile device.

With the green glows Nike tweeted a link to multiple sizes instead of just Men's size like they do for the limited releases. If they're tweeting a link to multiple sizes you need to add to your code so that the bot automatically clicks on the men's size... Then the add to cart function will do the rest.

learn that perl.

WWW::mechanize

you can always create your own TLO. have your bots follow an additional account and setup your own TLO for NON-TLO releases.

you get a mobile site if you are on a mobile device.
learn that perl.

WWW::mechanize

you can always create your own TLO. have your bots follow an additional account and setup your own TLO for NON-TLO releases.

on my ipad I get the same site I get on my laptop. How do mouse events work with that?

on my ipad I get the same site I get on my laptop. How do mouse events work with that?

no clue. never looked under the hood for safari or chrome or opera on iOS.

if I had to guess - there should be equivalent touch events.

but I'm sure Nike will know if you are on a mobile device (ipad) even if it renders the same looking page as a laptop would.

Evilside what if we access nike's mobile site on the the computer and update the bot to that configuration can nike detect that there is no mouse movements??

Evilside what if we access nike's mobile site on the the computer and update the bot to that configuration can nike detect that there is no mouse movements??
there's a chance. do you know how to code that?

there's a chance. do you know how to code that?

detail the process of accessing the mobile site on a desktop/laptop please.

then I can probe on the feasibility of implementing such an approach.

Most sites you just need to change your user agent header(I've tried this and it didn't work)

You can view the source of a nike web page and you should see the code where it checks to see what website version it'll send you to

Most sites you just need to change your user agent header(I've tried this and it didn't work)

You can view the source of a nike web page and you should see the code where it checks to see what website version it'll send you to
or you could try tampermonkey for mobile and use it to run scripts.

On another idea, what if someone (far away) logs into your account, adds shoe to cart and you are logged in (somewhere else). Does that work?

But then that means making a twitter script for mobile and etc etc.

It works but who's say to say you won't get flagged for that(I've never tried it)

It looks doable.

Only issue is that you have have chrome running (at least one page open) with the user-agent set to iPhone or some mobile device in order for the sniped link to also open up as a mobile page.

The script has to be changed to do the following:

Activate the BUY button.
Select SIZE.
Click ADD TO CART.

Not a feasible option for a large scale ADD TO CART operation. That is having to activate the user agent. Gonna be some dirty xdotool commands.

Last edited:
apparently chrome does have a command-line option: --user-agent

might be the solution for large scale operations

wouldnt in theory, nike mobile site just be checking for touch events instead of mouse ones, assuming thats what they're doing to detect bots?

open -a Google\ Chrome.app --args --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5"
open -a Google\ Chrome.app --args --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A334 Safari/7534.48.3"
open -a Google\ Chrome.app --args --user-agent="Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A5376e Safari/8536.25"

Line 1 - iOS 4
Line 2 - iOS 5
Line 3 - iOS 6

Commands to launch on Mac to start a browser with a given user agent.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom