The Official Zoom Kobe II Thread-

So lots of people have been saying that this shoe is better in many ways than the Kobe 1, and I loved the AZK1, so I'm really interested in getting a pair. People have been citing the Kobe 2's low to the ground feel as one of the great aspects of the shoe, but I'm wondering... Is the cushioning sufficient for a high-flyer?

I really liked the wide fit and flexibility of the Kobe 1, which I understand have been carried over to the 2, but one issue I had with the Kobe1 was that the cushioning bottomed out on me once and I still have a bruised heel because of it. Also, is the Kobe 2's lack of an outrigger an issue in stability?

Its sufficient enough for Kobe, is he "high flyer" enough for you.
It is very stable, the ankle support is greater on the 2 than the 1 to make up for lack of an outrigger. Plus the shoe has a curve-lasted wide base for extra stability.
"What doesn't kill you, only makes you more baller."

stupid nike releasing black maize late in canada, and not even releasing the laker colorway in canada
TeamLakersMember #8 for Loyalty

release date of stengths? any grey colorways in any of the models?
I can offer nothing apart from my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ

So the ZK2 is better than the ZK1 in terms of performance but what do you all think it terms of style. Do yall like the ZK2 or the ZK1 better in terms of looks and style?

Well at least Kobe will get to wear the Strengths in the playoffs. I will be blunt about this, the ZK2 is the worst signature release ever. Not one single advertisement(at least the ZK1 was featured in a magazine), no commercial, no solid release date, end of the season release. They wasted a very good shoe. Why does Nike even waste their time. Best performance shoe since the XIV and the shoe is stylish IMO. With some good marketing, earlier release, and maybe a classic colorway this shoe would have sold well. Whoever is in charge of the Kobe release is a idiot.

^^^i love the style of the ZK2...i really like the ZK1, i thought it was a great first sig shoe for Kobe...it was raw and uncomplicated, but still had flair...the ZK2 is smooth, and low-key but totally cutting-edge...the blk/maize colorway is subtle, yet sophisticated...i seriously love the design and technology of the ZK2 ultimates...

i'm so confused here....

what size did everyone get in these? same as the azk1?
... just do it ...

i'm sure alot of board members here agree with you reggie, as do i. ZKII's are being treated just like the STAT sig. what happen to all the talk about the kobe commercial that was supposed to air about 2 weeks ago? glad to own a pair but i just wish nike would put some effort in the marketing power they have behind Kobe as they did for LeBron and Jordan.
for sale *NIKE AIR JORDAN I wht/blk-varsity red (patent) 10.5 VNDS*
"Love me or hate me, it's one or the other. Always has been. Hate my game, my swagger. Hate my fadeaway, my hunger. Hate that I'm a veteran. A champion. Hate that. Hate it with all your heart. And hate that I'm loved, for the exact same reasons."
KOBE BRYANT​

the lakers colorway is out here in the Philippines. around $156 if you convert the price
love is taking the air less travelled.

No matter how much or how little they advertise a Kobe shoe...only his fans will buy it regardless.

Great performance shoe? YES.

General appeal and interest? NO.

I love the shoe...I'm gonna get 2 more this week...cause to me a good shoe has always been a good shoe...no matter the brand/player....but it's obvious they're Laker colorways this time and Kobe is tagged on the shoe more prominently...as only real fans connect with the shoe. But the good part is you DO get Laker colorways and Kobe taggings, whereas you didn't see any of that in a more widespread GR approach Nike took last year.
DON'T PUT UP NO BRICK​

Our first nickname:

"ORCAS" :lol:
laugh.gif
Kobe explains the inpiration for the Strengths
0391_more2.jpg
Orcas.jpg

TeamP'NG -Purple & Gold Lakers
#4 LUKE WALTON ! myspace.com/shaq34kobe

Quote:
Fellow NTers in the Philippines, is the laker colorway out already? My mom and pops are there... I might buy there c/o my bro..
TeamLakers
LAKER FANS, FEELIN' YOU!​
TEAMYANKEES​

Technically the ZK1 had basically no advertising either. Kobe had 1 commercial and that had nothing to do with the shoe. Not that I really care, it doesn't matter to me how many shoes these guys sell. I'm not gonna lose sleep over something so meaningless.

Im from the phils but i bought my ZK2 Laker colorways in hing kong for 1099 HKD which is equal to about $140 / 6500 pesos

Back
Top Bottom