The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Sony Reaffirms 'The Last Guardian' Is Not Dead

The Last Guardian's trademark in the US has been abandoned, but it appears this was due to an administrative error at PlayStation America, as Sony has confirmed to GameSpot that the project is still in development.

According to documentation on the United States Patent and Trademark Office, the group sent Sony a notice in July last year, informing that the trademark needed to be extended.

Although Sony has, since 2013, habitually extended the game's trademark, it made no action following the most recent request. As such, the trademark was cancelled.

However, amid speculation surrounding what this means for the protracted and troubled project, Sony has told GameSpot that it "can confirm that the Last Guardian is still in development".

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/the-last-guardian-still-in-development-sony-assure/1100-6425341/
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Chill.

Seriously, what's the hate? Only thing that bothers me about Destiny is the 30fps. Playing a game 60fps then going to Destiny puts a strain on my eyes.

I love destiny IMO. Yes the loot chances are unbearable. But the thing I love is that you really need teamwork to complete the raids and strikes. Makes the game a great online expirience. Met the funniest cats in party chat and of course had pissed off moments with players. But overall getting that gun you always wanted and customizing your character with the latest gear makes me feel accomplished in the game.

I didn't play the raids, but what I did play was just a lot of grinding the same poorly designed missions.

Shoot your way to a ridiculous giant bullet sponge and repeat.

Basically once I got to the point where I had to level up my "light" i was over it. I played for many hours and really never got any of the cool gear.

It is a great playing game, but I'm not into the structure they're going for.

I would say the story sucked, but I can't even call what was in the game a story. And that is a huge disappointment when it's the creators of Halo.

Last edited:
giphy.gif
giphy.gif

giphy.gif
giphy.gif

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Destiny play like most MMOs? Shoot loot & and go over the same areas at different difficulty levels? Expansions that actually add to the game and also random challenges/raids?

Correct me if I am wrong but doesn't Destiny play like most MMOs? Shoot loot & and go over the same areas at different difficulty levels? Expansions that actually add to the game and also random challenges/raids?

It's a hybrid. It's not a true MMO because it's not expansive enough and doesn't have as much content. It's built for more of a casual player than a die hard MMO player. Raids only take 25 mins-1 hour once it's on farm status. MMO raids would take 2-5 hours once it's on farm status and the raids consist of much more players. Usually 15-40 and even more in some MMOs of the past. This is 6 people tops, but that's probably more to do with the fact that they chose to develop for the PS3 and 360 at the same time. The random loot is MMO of course as well.

The leveling of gear and the FPS take on it is the brand new thing that really hasn't been touched upon. MMOs also have dedicated servers which this doesn't nor does it have a subscription fee.

There are other aspects but these are the most obvious and easily explainable and understandable for the common person who might have never played an MMO.

I mean I might be biased because I do like Destiny, it's slower paced than COD in competitive matches and I like the PvE aspect of raids as a lot of them require specific puzzle solving and mechanics that need to be done and understood by the entire team or else you can't get past the content. But I did play WoW from 2005-early 2007 (right as the first expansion came out) and was playing for a highly competitive and world wide top 100 ranked guild for raiding and it brings back the best of that without the necessary time commitment that a game like WoW requires. I can logon for 30 mins some nights and it's sufficient but during reset time or like now we have Iron Banner event I will play longer. What it comes down to is that as repetitive as it is, it's actually dynamic because of events and new content being pushed out other than new competitive multiplayer maps. COD to me is the same ol thing installment after installment without barely anything added. The best and most balanced COD to date is still COD4. And lets be honest with ourselves, it hasn't changed/improved that dramatically since.

Last edited:
It's a hybrid. It's not a true MMO because it's not expansive enough and doesn't have as much content. It's built for more of a casual player than a die hard MMO player. Raids only take 25 mins-1 hour once it's on farm status. MMO raids would take 2-5 hours once it's on farm status and the raids consist of much more players. Usually 15-40 and even more in some MMOs of the past. This is 6 people tops, but that's probably more to do with the fact that they chose to develop for the PS3 and 360 at the same time. The random loot is MMO of course as well.

The leveling of gear and the FPS take on it is the brand new thing that really hasn't been touched upon. MMOs also have dedicated servers which this doesn't nor does it have a subscription fee.

There are other aspects but these are the most obvious and easily explainable and understandable for the common person who might have never played an MMO.

I mean I might be biased because I do like Destiny, it's slower paced than COD in competitive matches and I like the PvE aspect of raids as a lot of them require specific puzzle solving and mechanics that need to be done and understood by the entire team or else you can't get past the content. But I did play WoW from 2005-early 2007 (right as the first expansion came out) and was playing for a highly competitive and world wide top 100 ranked guild for raiding and it brings back the best of that without the necessary time commitment that a game like WoW requires. I can logon for 30 mins some nights and it's sufficient but during reset time or like now we have Iron Banner event I will play longer. What it comes down to is that as repetitive as it is, it's actually dynamic because of events and new content being pushed out other than new competitive multiplayer maps. COD to me is the same ol thing installment after installment without barely anything added. The best and most balanced COD to date is still COD4. And lets be honest with ourselves, it hasn't changed/improved that dramatically since.

Perfect man

I never understand how people bash a game they never owned or played, or only played 1/2 assed.

Someone stopped at getting light in destiny.... You never even played the real game honestly :lol:

You grind to 20 with stories and bounties, but there is so much more to do once you hit 20 and start getting light.

You can also tell who is just used to CoD/BF type games. You guys are normally the ones fussing about the loot drops and how they are.

Like Biggie, I played WoW up to the level 70 DLC and stopped there.

I sum it up as the MMO players say there is not enough content and the casual/FPS guys say it is too much of a grind, hate the loot system and things like that.

Oh they have said that these characters will carry over to Destiny 2 I believe.

Another thing is that there just isn't anything else that peeks my interest to play right now.

The social aspect of Destiny really can't be compared with any other console game out right now honestly. This is not a game you want to play solo or you will hate it and quit eventually.

I tried to continue playing Destiny but it just was too boring for me. I think I made it to level 24.

I never was really into MMOs but I do enjoy Final Fantasy XIV and DC Universe wasn't too bad either.

This is not a game you want to play solo or you will hate it and quit eventually.

exactly what happened to me. with a bunch of dudes just hopping in and out of matches, leaving you in the middle of a raid and no teamwork it got whack for me. havent touched it since december. expansion packs paid for too... :smh:

Back
Top Bottom