The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

giphy.gif
Good ****! Selling mine for sure. It won't even fit my phone.

Bethesda developers saw Destiny as a touchstone for Fallout 4's shooter mechanics also because Bungie's game runs at 30fps, just like Fallout 4.
"The main difference in the way we develop [and other studios] is that we will develop with as many knobs as possible," Fallout 4 director Todd Howard said. "We're always thinking of scale. We're not a team that is just going to make eight guns and spend forever on one gun. We knew we were going to have thousands, so we needed to develop a gun system that had all of the dials."

Helping develop Fallout 4's gunplay is Josh Hamrick, who left Bungie after six years to join Bethesda. He works at Bethesda as a senior systems designer and in his new role has been "focused intently on tuning [Fallout 4's] firearms." Hamrick was also part of the team that designed Fallout 4's PlayStation Vita controls.

Speaking about Fallout 4's shooter mechanics in June, Howard said they will improve upon what was seen in Fallout 3. The shooting system in that game was very "meh," Howard said at the time.

"We started out with Fallout 4 knowing that, look, we can't apologize for being a role-playing game," he said. "We have to build a first-person shooter, and it needs to be a really, really good one. We spent a lot of time on that."

In Fallout 4, players can use VATS, the game's strategic combat mechanic where action slows down, allowing them to target specific body parts.

"We want players to have the edge if they use the VATS system," Howard said. "If you're building your character for VATS, it's really powerful."

Bethesda also enlisted the help of Doom and Rage developer id Software for Fallout 4's shooter mechanics.

The Fallout 4 release date is set for November 10 across PC, Xbox One, and PlayStation 4. In other news about the game, Microsoft and Bethesda have teamed up for some Fallout 4-themed Forza 6 cars.

^ That COD Bundle isn't as ugly as I thought it was based on the initial pics.

Still not a big fan of it, but may end up copping since it's the only 1TB PS4 coming out right now.
mean.gif

Street Fighter 5 beta tutorial launches on PlayStation 4, Gouken makes appearance

A 2.3 gigabyte update for the Street Fighter 5 beta just dropped for PlayStation 4 users, and it adds a tutorial mode to the game.

This tutorial walks players through the very basics of fighting games, plus a few specific things for SF5. It starts off with simply moving forward to the opponent, then covers things like high and low attacks, along with how to block.

It finishes off with using Ryu's V-Skill and V-Trigger. This is all presented with a story, which features Gouken, along with Ken and Ryu in their Street Fighter Alpha costumes.

Once the tutorial ends, that's apparently all of the new content that's currently available, as it jumps you back to the title screen. You can find screen shots below, along with a video.

Made the utter mistake of preordering BLOPS 3 for my PS4 and X1 for the beta access...and forogot to cancel both copies...woke up to two emails from Amazon saying your order has shipped and $119 charge on my cards
mean.gif

Hopefully with Black Ops 3 the COD ship is getting back on course. I pray they give us MW4 next year.

They owe us a modern COD with smaller maps (Ghost maps were terrible)

Made the utter mistake of preordering BLOPS 3 for my PS4 and X1 for the beta access...and forogot to cancel both copies...woke up to two emails from Amazon saying your order has shipped and $119 charge on my cards:smh:
The beta was free for everyone though :lol:
Had EM on both consoles and didn't preorder ****

If they do MW4, I'm sure they'll find a way to mess it up with all this futuristic crap. CoD is dead to me at this point.

Fallout 4 is almost upon us tho :smokin

honestly i enjoyed the experience of Battlefront so im undecided if im going with BO3 or BF. dont need more than one shooter.

If they do MW4, I'm sure they'll find a way to mess it up with all this futuristic crap. CoD is dead to me at this point.

Fallout 4 is almost upon us tho :smokin

BLOPs 3 is gonna be dope :pimp:  treyarch hasn't screwed up yet imo
I'm not feeling the wall running and dashing. I want traditional ground running CoD.

I feel you on that. BO2 had that epic dive :lol: Still don't understand how a War game has jetpacks?? :\

MW2 had the best maps but BO2 had the best overall experience.

Last edited:
Don't understand why I can't just pay $25-30 and they just gimmie the zombies mode
Since that's all I play
Only have bought blops1 and 2 and that's only mode I played
I tried campaign for like an hour or so then said **** it

From what I understand the people who do this won't get Nuketown :nerd:

Is it only available to preorders or something, what about the people who preordered digitally?

Everyone says cod is dead but treyarch is 2 for 2 with me and the beta was nice. I'm in.

Don't understand why I can't just pay $25-30 and they just gimmie the zombies mode
Since that's all I play

I play zombies the most but I dont know if I'm gon get BO3, still debating. Homies I used to run w/ didn't upgrade to PS4 yet. Not to mention, I don't know too much about this zombies story since they have all new characters.

Since that's all I play

I play zombies the most but I dont know if I'm gon get BO3, still debating. Homies I used to run w/ didn't upgrade to PS4 yet. Not to mention, I don't know too much about this zombies story since they have all new characters.
Just watched ign review
They said best zombies to date
And I don't know the story either
Blops1 I really only played in that movie theater and der rise or whatever
And blops2 only played on Nuketown map so I really never did the Easter eggs even though I had all the maps

Back
Top Bottom