The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Never played Bully but watched people on twitch play it

The game looks like a lot of fun

Might have to get it

Sony is stupid if they make a 4.5, way to annihilate your base :rolleyes

what?

the most sensible way this works is like this:

i order the last of us 2 off amazon and i can either play it in 1080p on the ps4 in my bedroom or i can play it in 4k (native) on my ps4k in my living room

thats it, this whole talk about upsetting/splitting the base is crazy, especially if it were to cost more than the launch price

i would gladly pay 499 for a 4k ps4 with the breakout box integrated so i could just plug in the headset

if sony were release a ps4 that could natively play games in 4k at 30 fps, that could allow 1080p games to hit that 60-120 range which is exactly what they want for vr
You have a 35 million + install base, why would you release a 4.5 for $499.99? The PS4 hasn't even scratched the surface yet, and it's not even 3 years old. You don't need 4K gaming RIGHT now. Nobody is 4K gaming right now, and being first isn't always the best. Wait till PS5, which you can drop in 3 - 4 years, by then VR will be set, 4K gaming can hold purpose and you won't piss off the fan base.

Also lets be real, how many people like you can drop $400 on a VR system and then $500 on a .5 upgrade console? That's easily over a thousand with tax.

Sony is stupid if they make a 4.5, way to annihilate your base :rolleyes

what?

the most sensible way this works is like this:

i order the last of us 2 off amazon and i can either play it in 1080p on the ps4 in my bedroom or i can play it in 4k (native) on my ps4k in my living room

thats it, this whole talk about upsetting/splitting the base is crazy, especially if it were to cost more than the launch price

i would gladly pay 499 for a 4k ps4 with the breakout box integrated so i could just plug in the headset

if sony were release a ps4 that could natively play games in 4k at 30 fps, that could allow 1080p games to hit that 60-120 range which is exactly what they want for vr
You have a 35 million + install base, why would you release a 4.5 for $499.99? The PS4 hasn't even scratched the surface yet, and it's not even 3 years old. You don't need 4K gaming RIGHT now. Nobody is 4K gaming right now, and being first isn't always the best. Wait till PS5, which you can drop in 3 - 4 years, by then VR will be set, 4K gaming can hold purpose and you won't piss off the fan base.

Also lets be real, how many people like you can drop $400 on a VR system and then $500 on a .5 upgrade console? That's easily over a thousand with tax.

Not to mention another 2k on a 4k TV. Plus, a 4K tv doesn't even make sense unless it's 55"+. You barely will notice a difference unless you sit in front of the screen or have some crazy 20/8 vision.

Not to mention another 2k on a 4k TV. Plus, a 4K tv doesn't even make sense unless it's 55"+. You barely will notice a difference unless you sit in front of the screen or have some crazy 20/8 vision.
This 4K stuff for the ps4.5 won't translate to games running at 4K. We are far off of that with gaming at least this gen

I watched my younger cousin play bo3, felt like a old geezer talking bout back in my day we didn't need no jet packs.

I watched my younger cousin play bo3, felt like a old geezer talking bout back in my day we didn't need no jet packs.

If they would only just remaster COD4 :pimp:

Add a few new maps and a couple of new weapons.

The days of waiting six or more years between videogame-console releases are coming to an end.

Sony Corp. is planning to sell a more powerful version of its PlayStation 4 machine to handle higher-end gaming experiences, including virtual reality, people familiar with the matter said, while continuing production of its existing console that has so far sold more than 36 million units world-wide.

Existing PlayStation 4 owners would need to buy the new model to take full advantage of the enhanced graphics and power, though it is likely that the current model and the coming one would share the same software catalog, one of the people said.

The new console would be announced before the planned October release of the PlayStation VR, Sony’s new virtual-reality headset, the people said. It would be able to handle ultra-high-definition resolution graphics. The upgraded console would also provide more power for running the PlayStation VR, whose main competitors, Facebook Inc.’s Oculus Rift and HTC Corp.’s Vive, are designed to work with top-shelf computers.

News of an upgraded PlayStation console was earlier reported by Kotaku. A spokesman at Sony Computer Entertainment, Sony’s videogame division, declined to comment.

Videogame console successors typically are released every six to seven years. The PlayStation 4, for example, was released in 2013, the PlayStation 3 in 2006 and the PlayStation 2 in 2000. Machines from Microsoft Corp. and Nintendo Co. have followed similar release cycles.

Damian Thong, an analyst at Macquarie Securities, said he expects PlayStation 4 software to be usable with future-generation consoles, a switch from the past, when certain games were incompatible with different-generation consoles.

“It would clearly signal the end of the traditional console generation cycle,” said Mr. Thong, in a recent letter to clients.

Mann im not into no half *** upgrade. If i can still play all the games im cool. Would have to really be amazing for me to upgrade. Until then the plan is to get PS5 on launch

you release it at 499 or 449 or 429 to sooth all these complainers saying "i paid 399 two years ago, why is there something better now"

nobody needs 4k gaming just like nobody needs 120 VR, but theres people who will pay for it

i'll tell you this, in 3-4 years, there won't be some monumental graphics jump, in 2004 the 360 had unified shaders and then in 2012 ps4/x1 had GCN which where we are now, in 3-4 years we'll either still be at GCN or GCN2, still not a hug eleap

the enthusiasts like myself can drop it, it doesnt have to be for everyone, everyone else can be happy with their OG ps4s or a slim ps4

sony can release a ps4k at 449+ and a slim ps4 at 249-299, who's getting pissed off?

you're gonna get pissed off cause im dropping 499 on a ps4k?

Last edited:
It's not the first time Sony has improved the hardware mid-cycle.

The PSP got a RAM upgrade from the PSP-1000 to PSP-2000. It just allowed the OS to run better without making any difference to the games.

Sony is not leaving 40 million consoles behind and most especially developers won't either.

The upgraded version will make games look better on 4K TV's, will inluded HDMI 2.0 and support for Ultra High Definition Blu-Rays.

The extra power will probably go towards the OS and 4k Specific features.

Some are saying it will make VR games better but it doesn't make much sense to me releasing VR and then splintering the user base a month or so later.
I want the best VR experience so if i have to buy a new PS4 on top of the PS VR, a camera and games along with the rest of the games this year then Sony is expecting way too much.

I'm done speculating with this, it's hurting my head.

Last edited:
Watched some quantum break gameplay. Lol that game looks like trash. Animation is wonky, iceman sliding and floating all over the place with jumping and opening doors, popping out of cover is janky. :rofl: :rofl:

Greatest line up in the history of Xbox and everyone playing Division.:lol:

Last edited:
16 gb Ram, 14nm fury nano equivalent

Let's do this ****

Someone on gaf made a comment about this being the new console wars

And another said "ps4k vs CheaPS4"

Lol

Last edited:
mw1 & 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>world at war >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BF 1942 in the pc days >>>>>>>>>>>>>>anything else cod done 

Back
Top Bottom