The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

[h1]Sony to Sell Updated Model of Standard PlayStation 4[/h1]
http://www.wsj.com/articles/sony-to-...n-4-1471833069

Sony Corp. plans to introduce a new PlayStation 4 standard model alongside a high-end version next month, people familiar with the matter said, in an effort to maintain demand for the best-selling videogame console.

With the release of the two models, Sony hopes to attract hard-core fans and more casual users to its videogame platform, analysts said. The company has been trying to build a community of users so that it can earn consistent revenue from subscriptions and software downloads.

Sony has said that it would hold a news conference at the PlayStation Theater in New York on Sept. 7. A Sony spokesman said the company would talk about the PlayStation 4 business at the news conference.

Sony said in June that it planned to introduce a high-end version of PlayStation 4 with enhanced graphics capabilities, but it hasn’t publicly discussed plans to refresh its standard model.
Cutting the production of OG PS4
Ahead of the September news conference, Sony has cut production of PlayStation 4 to adjust inventory, people familiar with the matter said. Several major e-commerce websites in Japan, including Sony’s own e-commerce site, said the PlayStation 4 was out of stock.

PlayStation 4 sales have been weaker in Japan than in the U.S. Data from videogame magazine publisher Famitsu showed sales of the console in Japan have been declining slightly in recent weeks. Nevertheless, stocks of the device are likely to run out as the company limits production.

“The white model was gone two weeks ago and we just sold our last black model in stock,” said the chief of the videogame floor at a major electronics store in Tokyo. “Our central purchasing department warned us we wouldn’t get any for now because the item is simply not in distribution channels.”

thanks for the recommendations

:lol: at my timing in buying my console,with the release of the slim, theyre not gona leave the og ps4 in the dark wont they?

Just started "Phantom Pain" and this game is amazing. Extremely difficult but amazing. How wasn't this game of the year?

Is this a money grab for Sony or do they really save that much time/money on equipment and manufacturing?

Not a money grab because most slim consoles come with price reductions.

Also they save money on manufacturing as this console is probably easier to build and would fit in a smaller box.
Smaller box means you can fit more on a pallet so much more can be shipped in a shipping container so there's money saving all throughout the process.

Might have to cop uncharted or ratchet and clank

Never played either but I need more than just Nba2k lol
I'd second recommendation for Ratchet and Clank. Great 3d platformer.  Underrated series.

Uncharted is great as well. But it has more than enough people singing its praises.

Digital Foundry: Hands-on with DriveClub VR
The most immersive VR racing game yet?

//images.eurogamer.net/2015/articles/1/8/5/1/3/8/7/digitalfoundry-2016-hands-on-with-driveclub-vr-1471766980106.jpg/EG11/resize/960x-1/quality/90/format/jpg

On the face of it, a racing game on PlayStation VR shouldn't stand a chance against a high-powered PC coupled with Oculus Rift or HTC Vive, but after playing DriveClub VR at Gamescom this week, our viewpoint has shifted. Simply put - this is the most immersive racing game we've played in VR to date. From Assetto Corsa to Dirt Rally all the way to Project Cars, it's clear that the gorgeous visual design of the original DriveClub allows the game to stand above its more technically demanding peers. It's a classic case of software design triumphing over hardware limitations.

Technically speaking, a game like Project Cars is certainly capable of displaying more detailed, technically demanding visuals, but one look around the cockpit is enough to demonstrate the gulf in technical artistry - there is simply an element of refinement and realism on display in DriveClub VR that does credit to the sheer quality of Evolution's original work.

Ultimately, DriveClub VR demonstrates how effective virtual reality can be - even using less capable hardware. Smart software design and well executed technical artistry can definitely overcome these limitations, resulting in an experience that feels every bit as potent as the more powerful PC VR solutions. The devil is in the details and these details help make for an incredibly enjoyable experience. DriveClub VR is the real deal - virtual racing at its finest. We'll have more details on the game once it releases this fall alongside PlayStation VR.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2016-hands-on-with-driveclub-vr

More at the link including how it's different to the original Driveclub.
This on Neo :wow:

I know the guys who worked at EVO made this and so hopefully it gets similar kind of support as the original Driveclub.
This just bumped out EVE Valkyrie for the launch titles I'm buying.

So happy to see the PS VR keeping up with the other 2 headsets,

^ excited for both flight sims and racers in VR, as I feel the VR can drastically increase the immersion level on both. I would say, I'm probably more excited for a great flight sim, but racers probably will be better implemented early on, because it is only necessary to worry about programming user control across across the horizontal plane of movement.

Last edited:
Just waiting to hear more about Ace Combat 7 in VR.
I haven't played the others but it just suits VR which got me interested in it.

Also need to hear more about GT Sport's VR implementation. We've not seen anything at all.about it.

Drive Club's VR visuals will look amazing, but I just can't get with the handling... oh well. 

Looks decent and slimmer in that video.

No LED strip really bugs me though. I hope that stays with the Neo.

Special editions should look good on the slim though.

Looks decent and slimmer in that video.

No LED strip really bugs me though. I hope that stays with the Neo.

Special editions should look good on the slim though.

I think the LED will stay with the Neo.

In the 4.0 Beta. Out of place white notification box, the Neo will probably follow the One S's design.

pirfb4gvnqxb.png

Back
Top Bottom