The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

For those with the Pro, can I back up my PS4 to a hard drive and restore to the Pro.

I ask because I am contemplating trading the PS4 in for credit. If they manually have to be linked together, I'm passing. $250 not that bad for me. $400 - nah!

For those with the Pro, can I back up my PS4 to a hard drive and restore to the Pro.

I ask because I am contemplating trading the PS4 in for credit. If they manually have to be linked together, I'm passing. $250 not that bad for me. $400 - nah!

Yes you can, currently in the process of restoring the back up from my old PS4

Bf1 is $35 on Amazon rn if any of yall needed that extra push (late pass)

*edit* so is tf2

Last edited:
Last edited:
Yes. No longer having to hear goofy call signs like objective butter from two announcers who sound so far removed from the "battlefield" and just being able to take in the sounds of the game is wonderful.

Yes. No longer having to hear goofy call signs like objective butter from two announcers who sound so far removed from the "battlefield" and just being able to take in the sounds of the game is wonderful.

That is funny you say that.

I remember being like.

'Her voice doesn't really fit the theme of this game. Oh whale'

:lol:

That is funny you say that.

I remember being like.

'Her voice doesn't really fit the theme of this game. Oh whale'

:lol:

There's a male option and that's just as terrible.

Looks like the new FFXV Judgement demo is pro enabled and impressions are good. Not just the pro improvements but also the game itself.

Hype at highest levels and the pro improvements are not even done yet.

PuJYrxC.gif

I was just about to ask if the peeps in here had any SSD experience.  I wanna get one for my... laptop.

For laptops and desktops, it's a must. I wouldn't even consider a spinning drive anymore. I just need to make sure the pro has a big advantage over the SSHD I currently have in my OG.
I saw someone on gad posts some test for FFXIV which had massive improvements but still want to see an official test.

Last edited:
I have my PS4 set up in my bedroom, which only has space for a 32" tv... sucks that there aren't any Bravia 4K HDR 32" sets! 

After trying some games out mostly Titanfall 2, to me the improvements are more subtle than really noticeable, but it is subtle in the way that you can't really go back from this. The differences in the games I tried didn't jump out but being that it's super early and Devs are working on different ways to utilize the extra power, things are looking good for the future.

There were a couple of moments in Titanfall where I was a bit amazed but don't know if placebo or the base PS4 would have been capable. I would have liked to have kept my old PS4 to see differences in person but overall I think if you can upgrade or haven't gotten a PS4 yet, go with the pro.

Last edited:
I went ahead and copped the Samsung KS8000 while picking up the Pro at Best Buy. I kept thinking that I was going to need to see what this thing can actually output. I only got to play the opening sequence of Rise of the Tomb Raider and wow :wow: the game looks sick. I actually prefer the 1080/60 mode though. The audio kept going in and out however; I don't know if that was because it was still installing. Can someone let me know if that happens when you play a game that's still installing?

Also, are there any confirmations of how Battlefield 1 runs on the Pro? I've read that it's rendering at 4K and some people are reporting better frame rate performance. I'd love it if it could do 1080/60 or 1440/60.

My two disappointments with the launch of the Pro are that Uncharted 4 can't run 1080/60 and The Witcher 3 not getting a bump.

One more thing, I kept getting the WC-40382-7 Error Code; that my credit card information wasn't valid, despite making a purchase earlier in the evening. I called up my bank and they said there were no issues or holds. It seems like this is an issue that comes up for the PS Store. Anyone have a work around or should I just get some PSN cards?

Back
Top Bottom