The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Would you guys buy a 10 year console, knowing every 2 or 3 years u can swap parts and upgrade ? U don't have to but it's an option like pc gaming ?

Destiny 2 Is 30fps on Consoles, Bungie Says PS4 Pro “Couldn’t Run Our Game at 60”

In an interview with PC Gamer, Bungie PC Lead David Shaw revealed that Destiny 2  will be locked at at 30fps on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 4 Pro, and Xbox One, while the PC version can go as high as 144fps:
It is. It is 30 on the consoles.

But like I said, I think the mouse and keyboard switch really was far more impactful than going to a higher frame-rate. And it does play at 60 but the frame-rate is uncapped. It’s at 60 on the floor, I think, because I believe that’s what g-sync is doing with it – and we think g-sync is fantastic tech, we’re working with Nvidia. But if you want to play at 144 [fps] and your rig will handle it, it’ll do that just fine.
Destiny 2 will run at 4K on PS4 Pro, and as Game Director revealed to IGN, it’s not powerful enough to run the game at 60fps:
It will not run at 60 on the Pro. I don’t want people to continue to hope, we’re going to be matter-of-fact about stuff like this… The PS4 Pro is super-powerful, but it couldn’t run our game at 60. Our game’s this rich physics simulation, with collision and players, networking etc. It wouldn’t run. Not enough horsepower there yet.
Project Lead Mark Noseworthy added, “But there’s tons of GPU power in the PS4 Pro and that’s why we’re doing 4K, right? It’s on the CPU side. Destiny’s  simulation, like we have more AI, more monsters in an environment with physically simulated vehicles and characters and projectiles, and it’s part of the Destiny  magic, like 30 seconds of fun, like coming around a corner and throwing a grenade, popping a guy in the head, and then you add like five, six, seven other players in a public event; that is incredibly intensive for hardware.”

Read more at http://www.playstationlifestyle.net...uldnt-run-our-game-at-60/#EwU02dYJgyMFMpH8.99
Did they just take a subliminal shot at Sony (and maybe Microsoft if the Scorpio ends up similar to the PS4 Pro) with these statements right there?

I don't know if it is shots more than them just wanting to come out and say it now so it isn't an issue come release. Might even be Sony PR telling them to get it out in the wild early so it isn't a talking point on release.

My issue with the Pro is that people in this thread called this happening before the console even released. It appears the Pro's ability to justify it's price tag, heck even it''s existence, is getting harder and harder. This for a console "half-step" that released 6 months ago.

Last edited:
PS4 PRO already has noticeable differences.

And with time it will just get better we all know that.

But as for as what it will be compared to the XBOX? I have not a clue.

I guess it still comes down to how much are these things worth to each individual. 

Personally for me, who was on the fence with buying a Pro, these are the type of issues that push me to holding onto my cash and waiting for a real push forward in hardware. I understand there is a market for something like the Pro, but it seems to me that issues like this popping up continually shrink the pool of consumers. At this point, I'd just buy a PC.

Dedicated servers?
The fact that Destiny 2 made all their Crucible game modes 4v4 across the board...............yeah right, like they'll actually finally give us dedicated servers LOL
They confirmed NO dedicated servers.

Game Director Luke Smith then explained why:
It’s just not an investment that we made for Destiny 2… I understand there’s certainly a desire for it, but you know, the smaller team format – although it’s one bigger in the [Trials of Osiris] case for sure here – in the smaller team formats in general it’s easier for us to find tighter matches. And we’re also going to rechange the parameters for matchmaking, to refocus on connection quality instead of like Trials win matching. We’re going to change a bunch of the parameters to focus on giving people better network experiences.

Last edited:
I havent seen any other details. They asked another Bungie employee and he basically said to wait as they weren't ready to talk about the PC version as much. 

If they pop up I'll fire them in the thread.

I guess it still comes down to how much are these things worth to each individual. 

Personally for me, who was on the fence with buying a Pro, these are the type of issues that push me to holding onto my cash and waiting for a real push forward in hardware. I understand there is a market for something like the Pro, but it seems to me that issues like this popping up continually shrink the pool of consumers. At this point, I'd just buy a PC.

Bruh you ain't trying to buy a PC. That OCD. You don't want those problems :lol:

I bought a pro because I didn't have a PS4 at the time, I don't regret my purchase...I don't own a 4K tv, I probably would have been fine with the regular PS4

I bought a pro because I didn't have a PS4 at the time, I don't regret my purchase...I don't own a 4K tv, I probably would have been fine with the regular PS4

I went from a PS4 to a PRO in a matter of hours and notcicd a difference immediately. And it has gotten better sense as well.

I bought it while I was drunk one night :lol:.

I knew I'd get it so I was like **** it.

No regrets :pimp:.

Excited for what the future holds.

I got a Pro because my PS4 has messing up. Not gonna lie tho, I've yet to notice any significant changes. I don't have a 4k tv either so that may very well be the reason. That being said, based on my personal experience, I don't think it's worth $400.

I don't know if it is shots more than them just wanting to come out and say it now so it isn't an issue come release. Might even be Sony PR telling them to get it out in the wild early so it isn't a talking point on release.

My issue with the Pro is that people in this thread called this happening before the console even released. It appears the Pro's ability to justify it's price tag, heck even it''s existence, is getting harder and harder. This for a console "half-step" that released 6 months ago.

After playing FFXV and Horizon in 4K + HDR and also getting much cleaner images in VR, the pro is definitely worth it, especially if you offset the cost with your current PS4.

It's a mid gen step up so it won't be for everyone and also it was already said that base PS4 won't have a different frame rate to the pro in multiplayer modes so even if the pro could run it at 60fps, they would still have to make it 30fps and use the extra resources elsewhere.

The way I see it, Pro will give you less drops in the game's frame rate whether it's 30fps or 60fps but you're not going to get a jump from 30 to 60. No game has done that unless it has different modes that prioritizes resolution or frame rate like Nioh and Tomb Raider.
Most of the pro's advantage is the jump in resolution up to 4K and graphical effects.

In summary pro advantages

• Higher resolution
  • Better Image quality and graphical effects
  • Better frame rate stability

Was at a thrift shop today and they had a PS3 for $60..passed but kind of wanted it lol

Earlier in the week they had a ps2 fat? No wires for $10..I should have got that tho

I got a Pro because my PS4 has messing up. Not gonna lie tho, I've yet to notice any significant changes. I don't have a 4k tv either so that may very well be the reason. That being said, based on my personal experience, I don't think it's worth $400.

Wait until you get that monitor B.

Bad Religion Bad Religion and other big time Destiny players? How'd you guys feel about D2 reveal? I only played up to VoG and then dropped D1. For some reason, I was expecting something more from D2 but I got the feeling that this was like D1.5. I'm not even sure what I was expecting but that reveal wasn't it :lol:

Back
Top Bottom