The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Never put a wrap on any of my consoles but I saw this one and had to do it. It’s fuego! :emoji_fire:

D003B92D-6929-486A-A1C4-8D06A53FB530.jpeg

AC7FD8E7-9EF4-4E11-91B3-F21C810B0F49.jpeg

A16862F2-E573-49B9-A813-423C7CEAA046.jpeg

00452D65-1A61-4243-BB54-E433D3A473D9.jpeg
where is this at??

I keep telling myself I'm tired of open world games but damn, that trailer for god of war looks good.

I've been avoiding buying one for years but i just saw that Anthem gameplay :smh:

I've got 4 yrs of games to catch up on. My life about to be over.

From Reddit on God of War 4

I absolutely love that kind of absurdity of the classic GOW games. It was extremely charming in its own kind of way. I really hope this soft reboot doesn't take itself too seriously in its attempt to be "mature". I get that Cory Barlog and his team of developers at Santa Monica Studios thinks that "evolving the medium" involves adapting a Naughty Dog-esque middlebrow cinematic storytelling approach, but I really hope that they at least try to have a sense of humor about things.

Reply to that:

This is my biggest problem with Sony’s first party titles. They’re all starting to converge into the same type of game. They all just feel like Uncharted but with varying moods.

Sony is at risk of becoming just as stale as Microsoft. They need to be taking risks like Nintendo.

Don't agree but worth a discussion?

I see this on Reset Era too. I mean as the characters grown they mature. Kratos can't be the same Kratos we had for 4 games (and if I remember correctly, people complained about that when GoW: Ascension dropped).

He has a ****in kid :lol: like he's gonna change

Most people are just being critical because of what they've shown us so far, its not the "Kratos" they loved. I'm pretty sure if he goes GoW3 Kratos in the game, its near the end and not being shown to keep the story from being spoiled

Q0jGNG.gif

Am I the only one who got the tingles seeing this in the trailer? I love that he's trying to move forward and not be who he was. That struggle makes for a great story and when he finally goes "F*** IT" I bet we get our Logan in the woods scene like in Logan

Last edited:
I see this on Reset Era too. I mean as the characters grown they mature. Kratos can't be the same Kratos we had for 4 games (and if I remember correctly, people complained about that when GoW: Ascension dropped).

I never played GoW 1 or 2 on the PS2 however I did play GoW 3 in my late 20s on the PS3 and I was impressed with the technical accomplishments of the game. I did however find the character of Kratos to be extremely unlikable. Some of the violence in the game was far too over the top and I'm not even sure who they were targeting with it.

I never played GoW 1 or 2 on the PS2 however I did play GoW 3 in my late 20s on the PS3 and I was impressed with the technical accomplishments of the game. I did however find the character of Kratos to be extremely unlikable. Some of the violence in the game was far too over the top and I'm not even sure who they were targeting with it.

Kratos has the most depth in God of War 1 afterwards he's kind of a self parody. This looks to be giving him something to do other than kill everything moving.

5yc5xWV.gif

Kratos motivation was pure rage and killing all the Gods :lol: he had no other goal so he was gonna be hyperviolent

Criticism around GOW3 release: "Kratos is a one note character that never evolves. If Sony want GOW to be a pillar, then they need to focus on character development."

Criticism around GOW4 release: "Kratos has evolved as a character. What happened to the Kratos of old? If Sony want GOW to be a pillar, then they need to focus on taking risks".

People complain because they like the sound of their own voices.

Kratos has the most depth in God of War 1 afterwards he's kind of a self parody. This looks to be giving him something to do other than kill everything moving.

Yes agree with you, the 'revenge' narrative was lost in the sequels. Looks like in this game they're starting off with 'survival'.

Why kratos look like a hobo?

Looks like a white-washed biker gang version of the OG on the left. I don't care that they made him older and have a full beard, but they changed his very unique face for this lame *** aesthetic that I can only presume corporate feels is supposed to have wider appeal to a hardcore neckbeard gamer base.

H94q9NI.jpg

Still haven't copped a PS4 game in months man... I'm probably gonna pick up Monster Hunter this week though :nerd: :nerd: :nerd:

AND I'M SUPER STOKED FOR SECRET OF MANA REMAKE :smokin

Back
Top Bottom