The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

Amazon got the TLOU2 Special Edition ($79.99) up for pre-order. Copped another one just in case Best Buy decides to oversell

Ugh I guess I'll play the TLOU to see what the hype is about. If it's trash imma body Bend_The_Knee Bend_The_Knee

I'd rather you didn't. Seriously. It was one of those games that for its time (and still to this day) transcended the scope of just how stories are told. It's impact from the prologue to the finish left a lot of us breathless. So if you're playing it to just "See what the hype" is, don't. Go play COD.

Did you guys ever check out any of the viral campaign stuff back when TLOU released? Like any of the fictional twitter accounts connected to the game? I remember reading through them and thinking how much even that impacted me when it came to the story. **** was sad as hell lol

I'd rather you didn't. Seriously. It was one of those games that for its time (and still to this day) transcended the scope of just how stories are told. It's impact from the prologue to the finish left a lot of us breathless. So if you're playing it to just "See what the hype" is, don't. Go play COD.
I guess you must be new around here.

I guess you must be new around here.

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand TLOU. The horror is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics it will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Joel’s nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation- his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of the terror, to realise that they're not just horrifying- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike TLOU truly ARE idiots. I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Naught Dog’s genius story-telling unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools.. how I pity them.

And yes, by the way, i DO have a TLOU tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- and even then they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand. Nothin personal kid

State of Play was kinda a dud... I expected more news about things we didn't know about. It was pretty much just confirming stuff we already knew *shrugs*

Anybody has the digital up for preorder for tlou2 besides ps store
I could be wrong but I don't think Sony puts digital pre-orders up anywhere else anymore. I know Amazon has nothing anymore unless it's an older title and they sell have some codes left.

State of Play was kinda a dud... I expected more news about things we didn't know about. It was pretty much just confirming stuff we already knew *shrugs*
Similar to some of the Nintendo directs, people need to temper their expectations. They never gave any indication that this would be some big reveal blowout.

Just my 2 cents of course.

Yet you have said Destiny is the best game you have ever played :lol:

I have never said that ever :lol:

I was gonna write the same. Its a good game but people online keep saying its a masterpiece, once in a generation type of game.

Game took elements from real generational titles like Resident Evil 4 and Left 4 dead and tried to make itself seem revolutionary. God of War PS4 did the same thing to TLOU but did it better lol

Back
Top Bottom