The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I played FF VII and VIII earlier in the year, both on PS4. I suppose it's only right I get to IX before the year ends :emoji_thinking:
I just wish they didn't make the platinum borderline impossible. I really wanted to have the platinum for every PSX FF game.

Yikes! Was looking to grab this game when it gets to $19.99 but will skip it now.
It's tough man. I wanted to stick with it but I found the difficulty too frustrating and making me not enjoy the game. Once you stop having fun, I don't see the point in playing it. I'll just pray and wait for Bloodborne II.

It's tough man. I wanted to stick with it but I found the difficulty too frustrating and making me not enjoy the game. Once you stop having fun, I don't see the point in playing it. I'll just pray and wait for Bloodborne II.

Agreed with you on this. Move onto something else if it ain't giving you enjoyment. Appreciate the insight from both of you on this joint. Was low key interested on getting it on discount.

I have done Excallibur II once, having attempted it three times. (All on PS1). I had planned a PS3 attempt but got caught up with work so I just pushed through to completion. I heard with the PS4 boosters it is obviously much easier, but havent looked in to it too much.

I usually do one play-through a year, as it is my favorite game. I prefer the PS4 remaster for the improved graphics, but I played the PSOne Classic on Vita for my last run.

Like Ricky D Ricky D mentioned, it is very irritating how difficult they made platinum. Mashing a button as fast as humanly possible shouldn't be a trophy in an RPG.

I also had a save corrupt for FFVIII Remaster last week... lost around 22 hours of gameplay. :frown:

I have done Excallibur II once, having attempted it three times. (All on PS1). I had planned a PS3 attempt but got caught up with work so I just pushed through to completion. I heard with the PS4 boosters it is obviously much easier, but havent looked in to it too much.

I usually do one play-through a year, as it is my favorite game. I prefer the PS4 remaster for the improved graphics, but I played the PSOne Classic on Vita for my last run.

Like Ricky D Ricky D mentioned, it is very irritating how difficult they made platinum. Mashing a button as fast as humanly possible shouldn't be a trophy in an RPG.

I also had a save corrupt for FFVIII Remaster last week... lost around 22 hours of gameplay. :frown:
I come back home from my deployment and plan to do another playthrough of FF VI. For some odd reason, it's been on my mind a lot lately.

I was checking to see if you had got the FF VIII plat. I was pretty surprised to see that I had it before you but then I think I remember you saying something about going out of town or something like that.

For the FF IX plat, I saw there is a way you can setup a script via remote play where it will basically do the jump roping for you but I'm not sure how I would feel about that. I was hoping they would just patch that trophy out of the game altogether :smh:

Ever since the lightning dodge in X being a trophy, I simply came to terms with not getting those plats. :lol:

Yea I noticed you had the VIII plat very quickly! I actually missed one of the magazines on the play-through that got wiped so I wasn't TOO sad.

Destiny 2/Shadowkeep has basically halted my trophy hunting this year. But my wallet has been quite happy.

I had to drop Sekiro. That game is just too tough for me. I honestly feel like it's unfair but enough people enjoy it so I'll just say I'm trash at it and don't have the patience for it :lol:
Once I read that it's a parry fest, I was out. That was my biggest Achilles in the souls/borne games, I doubt I would have the patience to chip away while having to time everything perfectly at the same time.

Once I read that it's a parry fest, I was out. That was my biggest Achilles in the souls/borne games, I doubt I would have the patience to chip away while having to time everything perfectly at the same time.

but when you hop in Bloodborne after you figure out Sekiro you are god mode :lol:

and Sekiro does have more than one difficulty

Ever since the lightning dodge in X being a trophy, I simply came to terms with not getting those plats. :lol:
Keep trying man. I remember getting hella frustrated as kid trying to get past that and the Chocobo race. I got the lightning challenge on my like twelve try and the Chocobo race on my seventh try. It's nerve-wracking as hell, but after each try, I got more poised and focused.

Keep trying man. I remember getting hella frustrated as kid trying to get past that and the Chocobo race. I got the lightning challenge on my like twelve try and the Chocobo race on my seventh try. It's nerve-wracking as hell, but after each try, I got more poised and focused.

The crazy thing is I have never had an issue with either Chocobo Race (Calm Lands, or under the Remeim Temple). I have always been able to get those in a handful of tries.

The lightning issue comes down to how HDMI and controller latency work with the remaster. You have to spam an exploit that forces a lightning strike, but even with that, I can get 20-25 before failing. I went as far as looking into component cables for my PS3 to get the trophy until I finally just gave up.

While I would love to have the plats in IX and X, its not a huge deal. I love both of those games and I'm just happy to have the remaster to boot up every couple years.

I know I could plat IV, V, VI, VII and IX. those aren't a problem. X tho.
the sun sigil...SON...never again.

I don't know whats worse; the chocobo race, the lightning dodging or blitzball x n.
I can't be bothered to do any of the above ever again in this lifetime. I wanted to scorpion deathdrop my ps. when I did get everything I wasn't even happy, lol. it took awhile for me to enjoy the game after doing all of that.

i'd rather unlock 3 cursed shields and turn them into paladin shields.
i'd rather level to 99 in parasite eve again.
i'd rather level up to ** for every character in ct.
i'd rather do all three of the above back to back.

any of those would be more enjoyable.

I honestly don't see how a person doesn't have trouble with that race tho. that was so infuriating.
the lightning dodging was so tedious.
I was bored to tears doing blitzball. dunno. i'd almost rather play through ffIII nes. ALMOST.

Last edited:
Chocobo racing was easy for me. I did it on Vita too :lol:

I’d platinum FF VI easily. Hell I’d do it on every account in my house just because I love the game that much :lol:

giphy.gif

Custom installs is cool. It'll definitely help with storage too. I have quite a few games that I'd happily delete the MP aspect of it. Also read that all physical games will be on 100GB discs.

Man, and I was impressed with my iPhone's haptics when I first got it! Can't wait to try this out.

Back
Top Bottom