The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I'm good with the PS5 being $450-600, seems reasonable considering all that is going into it, and to be close to Xbox. Is Sony bold enough to go $399 & 499 though?!? Reeeeeealllly hope we get that pricing today since MS dropped their price & release date.

It won't be $600... Sony knows that price point is unacceptable after the PS3. Also going $100 more than the Series X, which is a more powerful console, would be stupid and put them at a horrible disadvantage.

Yeah I think the disc version will be $499 juts like the Xbox. Just curious now how much cheaper they make the digital version

It will be $400/500 like I've been saying from the beginning. The fact that Microsoft will have a sku with a $100 advantage has to be troubling for Sony tho.

Sony's will be much more expensive. They said you need something like a 7 GB/s card while XSex SSDs are 2.5 GB/s.
They come with the proprietary tax but they will still be cheaper than PS5 compatible drives.

I'm expecting $300 to $400 for a 1TB drive for PS5

Where did you hear this? If anything SONY more or less stated that you can use 'off the shelf' non-proprietary SSDs.

It will be $400/500 like I've been saying from the beginning. The fact that Microsoft will have a sku with a $100 advantage has to be troubling for Sony tho.

That's what everyone is posting today. $399 for digital, $499 for disc.
So I guess we are getting some kind of confirmation sometime today.

PO

Where did you hear this? If anything SONY more or less stated that you can use 'off the shelf' non-proprietary SSDs.

Yea, What I mean is that the drives that will be compatible with the PS5 will be expensive when they come out.
Cerny said off the shelves drives need extra speed due to the extra priority lanes that the internal drive has.

They will need to test the new drives coming to see if it will run PS5 games. There's only been 2 SSD's announced that hit 7 GB/s read speeds. Everything is 5 GB/s or less right now.
Hopefully those 2 drives will be good enough to expand storage but they might be either too slow or get too hot so we just have to wait and see. We might have to wait for 7.5 GB/s drives but that's reaching the limits of PCIE 4 which is 8GB if you don't take overhead into account.

I wouldn't think about expanding until around this time next year. If I needed the extra storage. I'll just get a cheap external drive and swap games in and out of that.

For Canadian Dollar comparison.

All things considered, that $35 a month for the XSX is a crazy deal. It actually works out cheaper to finance it. I wasn’t going to pick up both consoles right off the bat, but it’s looking more like a day 1 for me

Is that cheaper than the USD price after conversion?

As it stands now, yes. $499 USD works out to about $656 CAD using today's conversion.

That said, shipping over the border has increased since the USMCA. Not sure if it's a correlation or an increase due to demand, but shipping to anywhere in the US has increased.

All things considered, that $35 a month for the XSX is a crazy deal. It actually works out cheaper to finance it. I wasn’t going to pick up both consoles right off the bat, but it’s looking more like a day 1 for me

How much are you saving over the 2 years? I don't even like financing cell phones... so curious what you're calculating that would make the slow draw worth it...

Here’s a chart breaking down the math on it

D7CF2988-A284-45FA-A436-6BA167939460.jpeg

keep in mind this is interest free with no money out door. You’d be essentially pocketing that $500 (or $300) you would’ve spent (plus the cost of GPU), and end up paying a $20 less for both combined over the span of two years in the long run

Here’s a chart breaking down the math on it

D7CF2988-A284-45FA-A436-6BA167939460.jpeg

keep in mind this is interest free with no money out door. You’d be essentially pocketing that $500 (or $300) you would’ve spent (plus the cost of GPU), and end up paying a $20 less for both combined over the span of two years in the long run
:lol: @ wasting a credit check over a console :lol:

200.gif

Just like with how Netflix 10 or 15 years ago was dirt cheap at like $7 a month slowly started getting more expensive. Even if your just using Gamepass for PC and don't own a XBOX One, Series X or Series S console.

And also this:

200.gif

Just like with how Netflix 10 or 15 years ago was dirt cheap at like $7 a month slowly started getting more expensive. Even if your just using Gamepass for PC and don't own a XBOX One, Series X or Series S console.

And also this:

hop on costco.com
cop the 24 month xbox live
then convert to gamepass

Back
Top Bottom