The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

My list is long in what I traded in yesterday and it's mainly because with PS5 launch coming up and a lot of the physical copies I had will be in the PS5 PS+ collection and also what is already in my PS+ library from the 2 monthly free games and having been subscribed to PS+ since it started 10 years ago on PS3 era.

But here is my list

-Uncharted 4 : $6.50
-God Of War: $13.00
-Days Gone: $13.00
-Ratchet & Clank: $13.00
-Devil May Cry 5: $15.60
-Devil May Cry HD Collection PS4: $15.60
-Bioshock HD Collection: $13.00
-LA Noire: $13.00
-Rise Of The Tomb Raider PS4 copy: $6.50
-Rise Of The Tomb Raider XB1 copy: $3.90
-Far Cry 5 XB1 copy:$13.00
-Star Wars Jedi Fallen Order XB1 copy: $19.50
-GTA IV Complete Edition XB1 copy: $6.50
-Resident Evil 2 remake XB1 copy: $13.00
-Control PS4 copy: $15.60
-The Last Guardian: $9.10
-GTA V PS4 copy: $13.00
-The Last Of Us Remastered: $13.00
-Red Dead Redemption II XB1 copy: $19.50
-Crash Bandicoot N'Sane Trilogy: $19.50
-Crash Team Racing Nitro: $15.60
-Kingdom Hearts 1.5 & 2.5 PS4: $2.60
-Kingdom Hearts 2.8 Final Chapter PS4: $3.90
-Bloodborne: $13

I have the Gamestop yearly pro membership which costs $14 a year and it kicks in another 10% on all game trades in. Also the girl working the counter at my local GS was nice enough to get another 20% added on by pre ordering Crash Bandicoot: It's about time and Star Wars Squadron for the minimum $5 each which I'm not interested in either game at launch. I went back to same GS store and canceled my pre orders on those 2 games with no problem and got my $10 pre order money back and added to my store credit pre paid card.

Walked out with $289.90 in GS store credit which is all they offering right now and store credit is always higher than cash value from them. Digital downloads once you buy a game wether on a dope PSN flash sales or even worse at full retail it's done and you can't trade anything back or get any money back. All that money you spent went to Sony and all of the devs & game publishers.

So yeah that's why I'm not about that only digital download life :lol:

Everyone of those games over the past 3 to 5 years I've bought at at the $19.99 to $29.99 range and was even better and cheaper back when Best Buy GCU membership was around.

Plan now is to buy from Best Buy for the rewards zone certs: a extra Dual Sense controller, The new PS5 pulse headset, dual sense charging station, and the PS5 media remote controller.

Use GS store credit money on Spidey PS5 ultimate launch edition, and Demon Souls. Might pick up Cyberpunk. Will get Devil May Cry 5 special edition when the physical edition eventual comes out, will get Hitman 3, Ratchet & Clank PS5, Horizon Forbidden West, God Of War Ragnarok next year.

Last edited:
Wonder how much Gamestop would offer for a OG PS4 with a aftermarket 1TB hdd :ohwell:

Had to replace the 500GB hdd because it stopped working the year Black Ops 3 came out and now i can't find it :smh:

Yeah if anyone finds out what they are giving as trade-in credit for the PS4 console at GS, please post!

Might have to take it in next month to hopefully pay for a few PS5 games.

PO

Yeah if anyone finds out what they are giving as trade-in credit for the PS4 console at GS, please post!

PO
Double down on this! was just gonna sell it if needed but if gamestop gives more.

Wonder how much Gamestop would offer for a OG PS4 with a aftermarket 1TB hdd :ohwell:

Had to replace the 500GB hdd because it stopped working the year Black Ops 3 came out and now i can't find it :smh:
When I took in my 2TB PS4 a few years ago they wanted me to put the og HD back in because they didn’t have a SKU for it. So you might be fine but they be weird sometimes

I found out it was my prime yearly subscription lol

I'm imagining you like this when you found out what the charge was:

denzel-relieved.gif

PO

1TB Pro is $175 store credit and $145 cash. When you go make sure they give you exactly that cuz some of them dudes are weird and will try and lowball you. If they try and lowball you go to another one.

my boy is about to cancel his target reservation in the next hour so might pop up.

:lol:

I'm about to trade in this Uncharted 4 and maybe get the Uncharted collection cuz I didn't notice my nephew already has U4.

It was a used copy and I'm pretty sure I'm not getting the full $13+ I paid for it anyway. I checked on offerup and its selling for way cheaper. It's a pretty old game for the fans of it to be copping now.

$290 for 24 games after paying for a membership, for store credit...

I dunno, I stopped trading in games after the 16 bit era after seeing games like Earthbound and Mega Man X 2-3 shoot up to $200-300 years later. I got $14 for my complete copy of Earthbound.

Man made almost $300 in store credit and y’all saying he a fool. I’ll take that convenience over meeting some random stranger who shows up and hits you with the “say bruh, I only got $20 on me (even though we agreed on $30), is that cool?” :lol:
:lol: Local buyers are extremely weird, why I use mercari if I need to sell anything now. Yeah good deal for games you've already paid and low hassle. Not the most you could get but **** been sitting there for 2 years after you've played it and you got 13 bucks when you bought it for 20. Miss the old trade in deals, got my PS4 pro that way. I never buy retail and usually max $30 for games but that deal got me 30 plus bucks for something I paid 10 for.

$290 for 24 games after paying for a membership, for store credit...

I dunno, I stopped trading in games after the 16 bit era after seeing games like Earthbound and Mega Man X 2-3 shoot up to $200-300 years later. I got $14 for my complete copy of Earthbound.
Earthbound is a cult classic and a Nintendo game nonetheless. Never trade in anything that’s a Nintendo first party game. In fact, Nintendo is the only platform that I buy physical for. Everything else is fair game. Ain’t nobody looking to pay top dollar for my used and abused copy of God of War (PS2) or Halo (Xbox) :lol:

*There are a few exceptions but not enough to go back to being physical

crash bandicoot is full $60 for a platformer in 2020. I'm good.
star wars squadrons on the other hand looks good at $40. reminds me of ace combat. will pick it up this thursday to pass the time in between gen.

1TB Pro is $175 store credit and $145 cash. When you go make sure they give you exactly that cuz some of them dudes are weird and will try and lowball you. If they try and lowball you go to another one.

my boy is about to cancel his target reservation in the next hour so might pop up.

Thanks. Any info on the launch PS4? That's the one I own.

PO

Back
Top Bottom