The Old PlayStation Thread | *NEW THREAD IS UP*

I saw something about the ray tracing on the series x being 40% better, anyone else see that?
1584570721307.png

They've probably used the number of CU's without taking into account the frequency.

52 vs 36.

Someone on here said that SONY will sell it at a loss and make the money back on PS plus, games and accessories.

Exactamundo! Plus the manufacturing cost drops year after year because youre ordering the same parts which arent high end anymore after a couple years.
So yes, they eat a loss the first year, make it up by selling games and ps plus then its bigger profits after a year or two when the manufacturing cost drops.
Also I seriously doubt its gonna cost them 450$ to make one console. Foh! Thats like when apple says it costs them 700$ to make an iphone.
Not true at all, but thats what they want you to believe.

maaaaaan who cares about all these numbers
are the games fun
thats whats most important
hell ive had spade games more entertaining than some games

Word. At this point in time, console specs are like NBA advanced analytics...Borderline incomprehensible to the lay person, so you gotta just either judge for yourself via the eye test or trust a reputable source to give you an unbiased comparo

The_Road_to_PS5.gif

even though i'm disappointed that the raw cpu/gpu specs of the ps5 wont match the x, the above gif is what stood out to me the most during the presentation

the idea that they can load in the world immediately around the player is insane to me, it makes me think that they're going focus on the importance of interactivity and a dynamic world

if im reading this correctly, i think that sony is trying to say that next generation isnt about pixels/resolution, its about changing how players interact with the world

Beat Sekiro last night :pimp:

gonna give it a break before I jump in and get the other endings. I don’t really have a single complaint about the game. I feel like FROM really showed out.

that game’s combat is beyond comparison in my eyes...No other game has captured the feeling of two swordsmen locked in a tiresome duel in quite the same way.

Random but do straight button mashing beat em ups exist anymore? Every action game now seems more about complex defensive moves and timing. Like parry and dodge mean more than just punching the **** outta a *****.

Back
Top Bottom