The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

I'm glad Rock isn't lightskin or his face and ear would've been on fire and that would've been hella embarrassing the rest of the night.

Words have consequences. People have been too comfortable talking slick. I’m riding with Will. Regardless what those people have going on in their household, disrespect to someone’s wife will not be tolerated. On social media I see a lot of turn the other cheek chatter because it’s the Oscar’s…..everybody got a breaking point, stop playing with folks.

So if you're at a work event
And a man makes a joke about your wife's hair

You would get up and slap him in front of all your colleagues?

You have so little self control,
you wouldn't be able to control the situation
without getting into a slap fight like a wounded teenager?

I

Will just ruined his own night and dude just perpetuated a whole stereotype... Lost a lot of respect for will. I'm all for him defending his wife but I'm 100% sure dude could've handled that backstage. It's also funny he smacked 120 lb Chris Rock but not the guy sleeping with his wife. Made us all look bad.
Made who look bad? That man is a successful multimillionaire representing the best of our community.
Although that might not have been the place for it, Chris Rock has been talking down on Jada publicly for years now. I can understand Will's anger. Especially in this moment where she's dealing with alopecia. No telling how emotional it's been for her.

without getting into a slap fight like a woulded teenager?

I
I would, I'll answer to my actions later. But I guarantee you, the man won't talk about your woman again. I wouldn't slap him, I'd punch the **** out of him. He's out of line, I'll get out of line even further to make a statement.

Yeah that definitely connected 👀🔍

B3BE9130-394E-4697-B7A4-0BB13F564F46.png

without getting into a slap fight like a woulded teenager?

I
The difference is, Will Smith is probably "bigger" and more "famous" than his colleagues. It more than likely won't impact his career. Working in corporate America, I've heard c level folks say some of the most disrespectful **** to people and it has never impacted their jobs. Depending on your position people might not bat an eye

I would, I'll answer to my actions later. But I guarantee you, the man won't talk about your woman again.
And if I seen it, idk if I could be mad at you g. Men protect their women and family in their own ways.. this is why jokes about spouses / family should be mostly left alone unless it’s 100% it’s ok to make and not embarrassing them.

Some get it. Some don’t.

If only Regina hadn’t made that first joke 3 hours earlier, we’d be here living peace.

I still can't believe this ***** Will smacked him like that.

The speed and closeness.
true. he fumbled the words and didn't know if they were going to cut to break
then again, he has a live mic and could've really got into a back and forth with a pissed off Will Smith
fwiw, he kept it moving :lol:
It goes to show Chris holds no malice and isn't on that payback time.

He immediately made a funny comment "Will Smith just smacked the **** out of me" It could've moved on from there but Will hit him with the keep my wife's name out ya ****ing mouth 2× so that staggered him a bit. He looking around for a sign, then he thinks about it and says " I could've.... I could" but stops himself and remains professional and tries to finish.

I don't see any scenario where Chris Rock tries to physically attack Will Smith back but he could've told more jokes. Either bringing up 2Pac or August easily could've led to Will back up on that stage. Who knows what happens then.

Last edited:

without getting into a slap fight like a wounded teenager?

I
I mean we all know you soft so you wouldn’t do **** regardless….But if you mad you mad, anybody can get it anywhere, ain’t no rules or respectability politics to think bout if you seeing red

Nobody give two ****s about what ignorant white people think of us when they already have bull**** perceptions about us to begin with.

That ain't a Will problem

That's a white person's problem

Call me crazy I think it's actually good for black people to have high standards of conduct.

I mean this isn't even high.
Don't slap people at a work event
because you're mad your wife loves to **** young R'n'B singers and tell the world about it.

The difference is, Will Smith is probably "bigger" and more "famous" than his colleagues. It more than likely won't impact his career. Working in corporate America, I've heard c level folks say some of the most disrespectful **** to people and it has never impacted their jobs. Depending on your position people might not bat an eye

And so your argument is, it's okay for Will to totally lose his composure in a clownish way

...Because he's more famous than his colleagues?

Call me crazy I think it's actually good for black people to have high standards of conduct.

I mean this isn't even high.
Don't slap people at a work event
because you're mad your wife loves to **** young R'n'B singers and tell the world about it.
It's Will Smith at the Oscar's. Not Jimmy at the work retreat

If that incident gives you a bad perception of black people in general

Once again. That's that person's ignorant *** problem

Not Will's

That man is a successful multimillionaire representing the best of our community.
Which makes it 10x worse. Will tainted his legacy in my eyes with what he did tonight.... We're supposed to be celebrating him finally getting his moment but instead we're talking about a slap.

i dont think will looked p*ssed as he approach chris, as you can see in this thread, to many will looked like he was smiling as he walked away like he was in on it, maybe that him holding back the tears but dude definitely didnt seem mad and why many thought was scripted so i wouldnt be surprised if he had the same looked when he walked away, kind of non-threatening

it may not be a dap he was expecting but my point was he wasnt expecting anything violent as he cackles when will approached and did not expect anyone would do that at all
In sorry but that's a gross assumption.

The face of a man before he smacks you in the face is not one that resembles somebody about to dap you up.

Will definitely looked mad when he got back to his seat and addressed Chris twice. Maybe you saw differently.

Back
Top Bottom