The Oscars: 2024's 96th Academy Awards, 7:00pm March 10th ABC

We cant see Will's face as he approached Chris but he sure as hell wasn't smiling.

The other thing we didn't see was Will after he laughed. He clearly saw Jada. Chris only really saw him as he was getting on stage.

Will didn't do a wind up or extend his hand. It was a quick as **** smack.

If Chris was expecting a Dap he wouldn't have been smiling like that and kelt his hands behind his back.

i dont think will looked p*ssed as he approach chris, as you can see in this thread, to many will looked like he was smiling as he walked away like he was in on it, maybe that him holding back the tears but dude definitely didnt seem mad and why many thought was scripted so i wouldnt be surprised if he had the same looked when he walked away, kind of non-threatening

it may not be a dap he was expecting but my point was he wasnt expecting anything violent as he cackles when will approached and did not expect anyone would do that at all

Ok?
mjlol (1) (1).png

I get Will though from some standpoint. I was this close to reclining a dude at Cinnabon at the mall the other day for being rude to my mom. Im glad I didn't embarrass her and end up in shackles and on IG looking wild.

But I saw red and almost blacked. She kept me neutral. Man's was hella out of pocket. I would've broke son.

Words have consequences. People have been too comfortable talking slick. I’m riding with Will. Regardless what those people have going on in their household, disrespect to someone’s wife will not be tolerated. On social media I see a lot of turn the other cheek chatter because it’s the Oscar’s…..everybody got a breaking point, stop playing with folks.

Will just ruined his own night and dude just perpetuated a whole stereotype... Lost a lot of respect for will. I'm all for him defending his wife but I'm 100% sure dude could've handled that backstage. It's also funny he smacked 120 lb Chris Rock but not the guy sleeping with his wife. Made us all look bad.

Words have consequences. People have been too comfortable talking slick. I’m riding with Will. Regardless what those people have going on in their household, disrespect to someone’s wife will not be tolerated. On social media I see a lot of turn the other cheek chatter because it’s the Oscar’s…..everybody got a breaking point, stop playing with folks.

And now Will’s consequences will have consequences…

And for what, Jada?

Man I was really hoping this was fake :smh::smh:

Man I don’t know how to feel after reading several pages on this :lol: But I only lean on Will’s side just because rock let Louis CK slide w/ the hard R. They had Seinfeld of all people in that room to let them know that’s not ok.

Otherwise I feel bad for will. Dude was crying all night after that slap. Denzel and Tyler Perry had to pull him to the side commercial break just to wipe his tears. Hope he gets a safe space to just let out whatever is eating him on the inside. The world knows….

As a black man like I'm assuming you are you understand that perception is very important. Will could've handled that backstage. That joke was light as hell, Will just had a lot of built up anger from being trolled all year about the August stuff and took it out on Chris.... I bet if Steve Martin or Ricky Gervais said this same joke he wouldn't have went up there. I expected so much better from Will. Dude's a walking L in my book. Man ruined the biggest night of his life over a gi Jane joke.

Exactly.

If any man smacked another dude for talking jokes about his wife’s medical condition in a backyard setting we wouldn’t even be having a convo about it.

But it’s on an Oscar stage and now people trynna tell will he did too much or he shoulda let it slide? Nah

Will just ruined his own night and dude just perpetuated a whole stereotype... Lost a lot of respect for will. I'm all for him defending his wife but I'm 100% sure dude could've handled that backstage. It's also funny he smacked 120 lb Chris Rock but not the guy sleeping with his wife. Made us all look bad.
Nah **** that, if you're really mad, you're going to handle that **** at the moment. There's no calculating **** if you clown on my women, whether we're facing a turbulent relationship or not, I'm just going to react.

Back
Top Bottom