The pair that started my obssesion !

My first pair of shoes were white/black Delta Forces back in '87. I still have the pair. In 5th grade I was wearing Grant Hill and Jerry Stackhouse's signature lines. I even had Wayne Gretsky's by LA GEARS with the 99 on the side. What really set it off was a combination of Jordans; the black/chutney XIII lows, oxidized green XIV's and the white/carolina blue XIV lows. It's been killing my bank account ever since. 

1995 OG All White Air Max Penny 1's. Oh man. 
happy.gif
  Pic credit: NT member: abernja.

I can't really remember a particular pair that started my obsession but I can remember the first pair of kicks I was fiend out for. The white and cement Jordan 4's. They retroed in 1999 when I was a sophomore in high school. My parents still bought me kicks and they weren't buying me jordans yet but I asked my father to give me $100 and I would pay the rest (I think they were $120). The Saturday they came out he promised me to give me the money but he left the house before I woke up. He didn't come back home until after 2pm and I RAN downtown Brooklyn trying to get my size 10. I couldn't find a 10 in the first like 5 stores I went to. One store had a 9.5 and me being the fool I am, left them thinking I would still find the 10. After going to two more stores I decided to go back get get the 9.5 but of course they were gone. I never got those shoes but I remember wanting them soooooooooo bad. When they reretro next year best believe I'm copping three pairs though!!!!!!!

I can't really remember a particular pair that started my obsession but I can remember the first pair of kicks I was fiend out for. The white and cement Jordan 4's. They retroed in 1999 when I was a sophomore in high school. My parents still bought me kicks and they weren't buying me jordans yet but I asked my father to give me $100 and I would pay the rest (I think they were $120). The Saturday they came out he promised me to give me the money but he left the house before I woke up. He didn't come back home until after 2pm and I RAN downtown Brooklyn trying to get my size 10. I couldn't find a 10 in the first like 5 stores I went to. One store had a 9.5 and me being the fool I am, left them thinking I would still find the 10. After going to two more stores I decided to go back get get the 9.5 but of course they were gone. I never got those shoes but I remember wanting them soooooooooo bad. When they reretro next year best believe I'm copping three pairs though!!!!!!!

Black/Cement III's in '88.

I was already an "admirer", but when those dropped, it was a wrap.

Black/Cement III's in '88.

I was already an "admirer", but when those dropped, it was a wrap.

Originally Posted by acidic

happy.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

For both the shoes and the box... Why nike boxes dont look something like this ill never undersatnd...

Originally Posted by acidic

happy.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

For both the shoes and the box... Why nike boxes dont look something like this ill never undersatnd...

air jordan ix's when i was in 4th grade 1994 i think..i was just a size 7.5 then, never thought i would grow to a 12. And the rest as they say, is history..

air jordan ix's when i was in 4th grade 1994 i think..i was just a size 7.5 then, never thought i would grow to a 12. And the rest as they say, is history..

as a kid i always had kicks but the shoe that got me collecting was the OG Garnett 3, i had all three colorways and doubles of the black and photo blues  
smokin.gif

as a kid i always had kicks but the shoe that got me collecting was the OG Garnett 3, i had all three colorways and doubles of the black and photo blues  
smokin.gif

3rd grade...blk/cement 4's
we didnt have much $$ at that time...when i got old enough to cop my own kicks, the shoes that really touch me were the air max 95's
i had each and every pair and beat them to death...
i had a friend that worked in finish line, dude was horrible in school and i had good for sale was pretty smart...took a few tests for dude, shot him a dub sack, dude just let me walk out the store with 2 pairs at a time
crystal blues, blk/red, the all grey junts.....man o man
i always loved j's, but 95's hold a special place in my heart

3rd grade...blk/cement 4's
we didnt have much $$ at that time...when i got old enough to cop my own kicks, the shoes that really touch me were the air max 95's
i had each and every pair and beat them to death...
i had a friend that worked in finish line, dude was horrible in school and i had good for sale was pretty smart...took a few tests for dude, shot him a dub sack, dude just let me walk out the store with 2 pairs at a time
crystal blues, blk/red, the all grey junts.....man o man
i always loved j's, but 95's hold a special place in my heart

First shoe that I HAD to have and begged my parents for were the Jordan 6's, black/infared. But really the shoe that I went searching high and low for were the Converse Run & Gun, Kevin Johnson's shoe. I remember seeing that shoe in an ad in Slam back in 6th grade and was hooked from the start. Back then there were no release dates so I just had to go to the mall every weekend to see if they had them. I remember being on vacation in California and seeing them in the window in SF and damn near ran through traffic to the store. Was a great shoe at the time. Lucky enough to have 2 pairs today in my size.

First shoe that I HAD to have and begged my parents for were the Jordan 6's, black/infared. But really the shoe that I went searching high and low for were the Converse Run & Gun, Kevin Johnson's shoe. I remember seeing that shoe in an ad in Slam back in 6th grade and was hooked from the start. Back then there were no release dates so I just had to go to the mall every weekend to see if they had them. I remember being on vacation in California and seeing them in the window in SF and damn near ran through traffic to the store. Was a great shoe at the time. Lucky enough to have 2 pairs today in my size.

As a kid I was always into kicks.I have an older brother(4years) so he started me of early. I always liked Jordans. But the shoe that just tore me up was the Nike air max Sensation. The Chris Webbers with the 2 on the heel tab and the CW logo on the back. Not the absurd retros that nike puts out but the OG's. That was in like 4th grade and every since then i have been hooked. That was the first shoe i remeber seeng that had and air bubble all the way through.Too bad i wasnt able to get them but thats what started it for me.

As a kid I was always into kicks.I have an older brother(4years) so he started me of early. I always liked Jordans. But the shoe that just tore me up was the Nike air max Sensation. The Chris Webbers with the 2 on the heel tab and the CW logo on the back. Not the absurd retros that nike puts out but the OG's. That was in like 4th grade and every since then i have been hooked. That was the first shoe i remeber seeng that had and air bubble all the way through.Too bad i wasnt able to get them but thats what started it for me.

Back
Top Bottom