The QUESTION Jay-Z thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You call personal attacks and name calling "lending support?" It is too late to go that route. I know where you all stand, and it is cool.

You have a good one too.

Please point out a single instance where I've personally attacked you.

As you like to say, I'll wait.

Please point out a single instance where I've personally attacked you.

As you like to say, I'll wait.

You know what, it may not have been you specifically. The truth is, I can't keep up with all of the people that have called me names. If I incorrectly put you in that category, I apologize.

You know what, it may not have been you specifically. The truth is, I can't keep up with all of the people that have called me names. If I incorrectly put you in that category, I apologize.

Even if people did react in that manner, this is NT. You've been here long enough to know that if a post is seen as absurd it'll be subject to a roast.

That's all. I mean breh this is no time to develop thin skin. Before you hit that post button on the OP you should've known that there was a very high likelihood that would happen.

Don't take it personally.

Even if people did react in that manner, this is NT. You've been here long enough to know that if a post is seen as absurd it'll be subject to a roast.

That's all. I mean breh this is no time to develop thin skin. Before you hit that post button on the OP you should've known that there was a very high likelihood that would happen.

Don't take it personally.

Bro, I'm seriously not tripping. Throughout this thread I have received one personal attack after another. I have consistently ignored them.

All is well.

Bro, I'm seriously not tripping. Throughout this thread I have received one personal attack after another. I have consistently ignored them.

All is well.

If you choose to take those comments personally that's your decision.

Personal attack? No one ever came at you personally, everyone laughed at and roasted the ridiculous things you were saying.

Personal attack? No one ever came at you personally, everyone laughed at and roasted the ridiculous things you were saying.

Is name calling not a personal attack? If I am wrong... I apologize. I can definitely remember being called crazy, looney, nuts, and a few other things off or the top of my head. I don't even care though. I would rather stay on topic or let the thread die rather than even address that.

Being called what you appear to be doesn't mean people are personally attacking you.

Sorry if you seem a bit off to people, but you do.

lmaooooo

says something stupid as hell then proceeds to play the victim.
eff outta here

Please. I have dealt with much worse than internet ridicule. I haven't asked for an apology, told an admin to have people chill, or any of that.

Try again.

who do you listen to?
to be honest, I listen to various genres of music. everything from classical to the modern day. even a lot of foreign music (outside of the US) sounds good to me. the thing is i don't hold music to such a high standard where i worship and prowl upon every word someone says. If I want to understand more about a methodology of thinking, it is more in the field of philosophy and literature. but that is just my opinion.

This is lowkey a humblebrag thread for OP. Dude can’t stop big upping his mental abilities. The phrase “delusions of grandeur” comes to mind.

Real talk, if this is what Cali medical leads to, I’m straaaaight (no pun intended). :lol:

This. All of it.

@Mark Antony

It is actually easier to have these conversations with mature adults, rather than what I am assuming are a bunch of immature NTers.

Like someone had mentioned before... maybe this was the wrong platform for an actual conversation.

I am starting to believe they were right.

Can you please provide evidence of your "friends" saying this? Who else is aware of this Jay-Z Penis agenda? Can you provide links?

Also is this you?

https://www.somalinet.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224352

"Beyonce's new song about Jay z Penis!

We all heard of women singing for a man she loves, but imagine a women singing for her husbands ceeb..

Beyonce new song called Ego says it all, just listen to the lyrics, shes definitely talking about his ceeb, everyone whos smart enough can read between the lines. Shes just using euphemism, which is what people use when they wanna use a less offensive expression, which is more pleasant, thats why ceeb was changed to EGO!

Lyrics: It's too big/It's too wide/It's too strong/It won't fit/It's too much… You got a big ego, such a huge ego.

"

If not, I'd like to see how your analysis holds up there.

Last edited:
I'm gonna be in So Cal next month Kyle. We gotta link up when I get out there.

storm2006 storm2006

Here you go.

These are some replies by my friend in reference to this topic. These discussions occurred on my Facebook page.

Link to my profile, as requested...

https://www.facebook.com/kyle.kostic.3

OK, start here. In 2017, looking back over the last 20 years in hip-hop, I don't think anybody would disagree that the messages have gotten corrupted. Jay played a huge part in that. He perpetuated the drug dealer king pin trope for his entire career...even though we know he wasn't doing any of that. Fools are out here renting bentleys and maybachs for a weekend to stunt...still living in they mama's house, etc... He apologizes repeatedly on this album. Most are assuming that is his confession, or guilt for the damage that sending those corrupt messages and perpetuating stereotypes has done. I think most people would agree on those points...do you agree...? So if alladat is possible, why it is it impossible that there are corrupt sexual messages too...?

People are getting defensive because they're Jay Z stans, or they need these false idols to be real. These 2 replies are exactly what Kyle is trying to tell you. Look, folks couldn't just jump out the window on some Young Thug wearing dresses and Wayne kissing grown men on the lips. It had to start somewhere. Question, how did this become normal? http://wordondastreet.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/notyouthug.jpg

Right, we're talking about 20-30 years homie. Those organizations, LGBT agenda, etc...is high profile now. It started somewhere. Let me put it to you like this. Nobody would argue that Latifah is gay, right. We know. She's out. Does that change the context of Ladies First for you in 2017? Da Brat, Mc Lyte, Syd the Kyd, Young MA, Meshell Ndegecello, etc... We know women are under-represented in the culture, but you can name a handful of lesbians off top...and you really think in 2017 there hasn't been any gay male rappers? Really, occam's razor right... Take it a step further than gay/lesbian. All this gun talk, violence, gang culture, trap rap, drug dealing...you think that's real too?

So...I'm listening to this KRS interview and make a connection. Through the civil rights era and previous to it, the vehicle for social control was violence. Examples; slavery, assassination (<-- weird that auto-complete doesn't know that word, had to lookup the correct spelling), state sponsored (LEOs, cointelpro, etc...). Post civil rights, folks got their affirmative action on, the vietnam war came to a close...so you couldn't just keep killing people to control them. At the same time, entertainment moved to the forefront. Most people probably think pro sports and modern music existed forever. But think about it, all of the pro sports were segregated at around the same time. Motown starting hitting, so there wasn't a need for the chitlin circuit anymore, and we started to see black pop stars eventually. So...how do you continue to control society without explicitly using violence? Entertainment. We know that ALL MEDIA is controlled by 6 companies...so it really wouldn't be that hard to do?...$.02

So...here it goes...Why the Sugarhill Gang? I'm not going to get too deep into hip-hop history, but there were performers before them. Funky four plus one, Grandmaster flash and the furious five, the Cold crush brothers. Most people agree that the first MCs or rappers were Coke la rock and DJ hollywood. You can type those groups into a search with the year 1977 and get the following images: https://img.discogs.com/Nep0db6g4wc...0)/discogs-images/A-96320-1133365330.jpeg.jpg https://thatrealschitt.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/d6585-coldcrush406.jpg?w=640 etc... This is what hip-hop looked like when it started. Herc started throwing his parties around 73', so those in the know knew about this new thing. Here comes Sylvia Robinson, who sees a way to make some money on a new trend. What does she do? Does she go to the source and sign the hottest act? NO. She recruits random guys to form a group. Think Lou Pearlman --> N'Sync, BSB, etc..Now, what I didn't know until writing this post, is Sylvia Robinson is the same Sylvia from the duo Mickey and Sylvia that sang love is strange (you probably recognize it from Dirty Dancing) That is to say, she is a veteran of the entertainment industry, and sees an opportunity to use her knowledge to capitalize on some unassuming youngsters. Does she portray these guys as authentic to the culture? NO. You remember the video for rapper's delight? They're in a disco club with synchronized dancers on the floor <-- that wasn't hip-hop. She dressed these guys up in, as you pointed out, sexually ambiguous costumes (something the original groups probably wouldn't go for) There's also some colorism at play here...but I digress. So...Sylvia Robinson, a black entertainer, knew that she couldn't present the authentic article and be successful. She made 3 black men more appealing to a wider audience by changing their appearance and surrounding them with a room full of yt people. The reason I chose 1977, is because after sugarhill hits in 79, you can see a definitive change in how groups would dress themselves http://cdn-www.cracked.com/articleimages/wong/drepast3.jpg Now, hip-hop was still not a viable commodity to the majors, and eventually it did go all the way back to the origin. When Run DMC started selling sneakers, the contracts started to get signed...AND THEN the culture became diluted and used for propaganda...but I digress. So I say all of this to say, the model that we are implicating has been in place from the beginning. The message couldn't be as blatant as it is now from the beginning, but I thought your Sugarhill reference was interesting and chased it down. I won't even assume the sugarhill logo incorporating rainbow colors was intentional...but I think you get the idea...?

Also in reference to the EGO song... that wasn't me in that post, but I will address it.

I thought that was common knowledge that she was talking about a penis? Kanye all but confirmed it on the remix.

Here is the thing though... do you think she was talking about the penis of JayZ? I'm not so sure that she was.

I have an extremely BOLD prediction to make:

Jay Z is going to propose the idea of an African Diaspora.

It is also going to include Damien Marley.

You heard it here first!!!

The paper plane logos represent flying people out of the United States and into Africa

The name Jay Z has something to do with America.

The song Kill Jay Z is a song directed to Barack Obama.

It was telling him to Kill America.

It was also asking him to be the leader if the new proposed Nation in Africa.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom