The "Real" Marvin The Martian Releasing?

Saw these at various stores today and must say they are NICE!
I didn't buy since I'm on a no $200 shoe mandate for a bit but anyone that is borderline on them should really check them out in person.
[emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji][emoji]128079[/emoji]

Finally saw them at the mall today and they are nice. The texture on the material looks similar to the black on the Barcelona nights but a lot softer, prob as plush as the BOBs. The iridescent paint on the midsole is cool, a silvery-green color that changes with movement. From pics I thought the green pull tab would look out of place but in person it accents the bright red. It's a shoe you have to judge in person, Def looking forward to receiving my pair in a few days from Eastbay. :D

Last edited:
Saw these at various stores today and must say they are NICE!
I didn't buy since I'm on a no $200 shoe mandate for a bit but anyone that is borderline on them should really check them out in person.

I was really surprised these did not do better . The Barcelona Nights, which were absolute garbage and maybe the worst 7 this year to release in quality did shockingly well in terms of sales. The leather and feel on the feet are so comfortable.

This didn't sale out because everyone already has a 7 if not multiple pairs.

These are better than some of the 7s that already released in terms of quality.

I don't like the green though.

I was really surprised these did not do better . The Barcelona Nights, which were absolute garbage and maybe the worst 7 this year to release in quality did shockingly well in terms of sales. The leather and feel on the feet are so comfortable.
Barcelona Nights, trash quality? 

sadly that honor probably goes to the bordeauxs

The reason why the Barcelona nights sold out is because they made fewer of them.

Hate to be a shoe store right now

Most pairs will be returned by resellers after they find out they cant make squat off of these

That all red tongue kills the shoe

Most pairs will be returned by resellers after they find out they cant make squat off of these

The solid red tongue is actually one of the things I like about this release. Something different.

I don't think this was one of the releases people were planning ahead to profit off them. One thing I can say is that this 190+ price point has killed reselling for the average release. Couple years ago you could cop any given retro release for 150 -170 and flip for 220-250 relatively easily. Now it's not even worth it to buy the shoe for reselling unless it's a special/collab release.

I don't think this was one of the releases people were planning ahead to profit off them. One thing I can say is that this 190+ price point has killed reselling for the average release. Couple years ago you could cop any given retro release for 150 -170 and flip for 220-250 relatively easily. Now it's not even worth it to buy the shoe for reselling unless it's a special/collab release.

Probably more of a function of nike dropping shoes non stop along with interest waning since copping retros became a trend.
$190 once a month is one thing. $190 every week KILLS your pockets.

Probably more of a function of nike dropping shoes non stop along with interest waning since copping retros became a trend.
$190 once a month is one thing. $190 every week KILLS your pockets.
absolutely. i know people that used to cop 3 pairs a release flip, to cover their pair and still have some money left over to put towards gear. That wasn't worth the headache to me back then and its definitely not now with that kind of profit margin.

Not to mention I think they're releasing more quantity of certain shoes. Resellers are only needed if people strike out on shoes. If they make enough shoes to meet the demand, what good is a reseller. Also like BigJ stated, JB is dropping a shoe every week it seems like.

Last edited:
I'm glad these were easy to get. With the quality and look of them these are one of my favorite pairs of J's that I have. 

Not to mention I think they're releasing more quantity of certain shoes. Resellers are only needed if people strike out on shoes. If they make enough shoes to meet the demand, what good is a reseller. Also like BigJ stated, JB is dropping a shoe every week it seems like.
only thing is that even if JB make enough for demand , the resellers who are buy 10-20 pairs still make it impossible for normal people to buy the shoe since the RS are buying all the shoes

Barcelona Nights, trash quality? 

View media item 1672346

View media item 1660638

not trash quality just a bad cw the bigger the shoe gets... looks fire in small sizes, looks terrible the closer toward sz 12 you get

only thing is that even if JB make enough for demand , the resellers who are buy 10-20 pairs still make it impossible for normal people to buy the shoe since the RS are buying all the shoes

I see what you're saying.

Last edited:
still doesnt mean too much in the grand scheme of things if there isnt huge demand.  with no demand resellers have 3 options for a GR like this. return to source for a refund, break even, or take a loss. obviously not the case for 1s and 11s but definitely the case for a lot of shoes

had them today. bought them . was about to leave then i saw niketown had the sport blue 3 in my size . had to jump on it . figure these will last at least the week.

I personally love these joints. They represent Marvin the Martian well. The leather is real nice and I love the pearly midsole peaks. I am going to add a few things to mine though and rock em proudly.  I'm gonna add a Lace lock, the words Marvin and Martian on the pull tabs, and two Marvin heads. I have always loved this guy and the Barcelonas was not a Marvin the Martian release in my book. Forget the hype, rock what ya like!

I think these resellers are causing JB to raise the price on their future releases as well! They are seeing mass amounts of people who are willing to pay an extra $100 or more for a new release! Crazy. They really need to find a way to limit purchases and fix the online bot problems. Take the sells off online totally I think that would help.

Back
Top Bottom