the reason for ur 1st pair of air jordans?

Originally Posted by jumpman cbt2

Originally Posted by donmega

'coz  I always wanted one when I was younger... growing up during MJ's title run... idolizing him... I really wanted a pair... bad. Folks thought it was too expensive though, but I didn't push. Once I had the means, it was a no brainer for me to get a pair. 
So you are the only one here who never had a pair of Air Jordans?
Quite interesting that you visit the Jordan Brand forum at NT though.

A sneakerhead should at least try one pair 
wink.gif
As a kid? Nope. Had to wait 'til I was already workin'. Had my first pair 6 years ago... I don't have that many J's though... just the ones I really wanted back then. Strictly for nostalgia purposes only. Just had to satisfy that inner kid in me.

Loved MJ and wanted his shoes after i watched him beat the jazz in 98 , then it just snowballed from there

dxzcqs.jpg

Wanted the Infrareds though. Too bad they were m.i.a. in literally every store. Think I copped these at JCPenney day before school started. Still loved em.

first pair of Jordans were the carolina 17 lows. It was right after high school and I was working so I used my own money to buy what I want lol

my first pair i actually bought myself was the 1st time they retroed the IX's i think in 2000 because i used to steal my big bros pair in 1994 and rock the hell outta em haha:.

i wanted the bred XIII when they came back out in 2004, but i couldn't get it. so i got the white/blk/red II low instead. Then my journey lasted for 7 plus years.
laugh.gif

Because I started really watching basketball in high school and then saw MJ play and was hooked. White/Red V's were about to come out in 1990 and I had to have them. It went on from there. But I remember getting the V's and always wanting the 88's and finally was able to get them this year. White/Cement 3's will never be outdone. 

Cuz I was in 5th grade and had to have the cool shoes with the straps or all the kids in class wouldn't think I was cool. (play off 8s) I got the air raid 2s also so that everyone knew I was really cool. Haha

I was in elementary school and one of my good friend's brother had just got a pair of Concord's from their uncle (Manager of a Finishline) for his birthday. My friend was like, "You have to see these new Jordan's my brother got for his birthday!" So we went into his room and he showed them to us. It was love at first sight. Needless to say, after that, I had my mom get me a pair for my birthday.
Jordan Count:
Space Jams
Cool Grey XI's
Flint XIII's
Bred XIII's

White/Black XIII's (CDP)

On Deck:
Concord's
Columbia's

Bred XI's

Bred XI's

My mom got me a pair of the 94 retro 1s when they were on super discount in 1995, I was more of a running shoe guy, but I've always had a big fascination with 1980s Nike design, so getting the 1s was a big deal. Nobody else seemed to think so, so I got laughed at quite heavily in 9th and 10th grade.

'coz  I always wanted one when I was younger... growing up during MJ's title run... idolizing him... I really wanted a pair... bad. Folks thought it was too expensive though, but I didn't push. Once I had the means, it was a no brainer for me to get a pair. 

wink.gif
As a kid? Nope. Had to wait 'til I was already workin'. Had my first pair 6 years ago... I don't have that many J's though... just the ones I really wanted back then. Strictly for nostalgia purposes only. Just had to satisfy that inner kid in me.

Ah ok, so u actually have started to get someWhen u became an adult. Because from urPrevious post i thought that u lost the motivationTo get some once u got older.

My first pair for me would be the black, navy & university blue 13 lows....ever since then, the rest was history

my first pair of air jordans was (drum roll please)..............the air jordan 1 back in 1985. i was 13 at the time and my mom got them for me cuz i begged her. i already saw mike in college and my older cousins were jordan crazy when he was in college. so when he hit the nba and the way nike market jordan, i just had to have a pair. i got my pair for 65.00 bucks in sears. you kids should have seen the amount of aj 1's were around. i look back and say wow i had no idea they were going to be worth thousands in the future. i think sears sold up until the air jordan 2 and that was it. 

My first yr in public school my parents let me get the black red 7s. I haven't turned back since that day. I will never forget it.

latoya naire...lol she's an old friend of mine that worked at finishline and i saw the flip 3s and was i liked em, but was iffy on them. then i just had to say "well i can afford them" and she hit me with the "then just shut up and buy em" and i did lol

My friend always rocked Jordan's and when I went into the store for a new pair of shoes, it just so happened that a pair of Retro 6's were for sale. Copped 'em and have been hooked since.

Got a bonus from work and balled out..and beat the shoes to sleep..they were the flint 9s

summer '97, i was in need of some shoes. my dad & i went to foot locker, and all they had in size 16 were some dusty old emmitt smith reeboks or the playoff XIIs. he looked at me and said "i know you don't care about those reeboks. right?" and i nodded.

it was on from then. i beat them to hell, and was able to save and go back and get the concord & bred XIs. always had a soft spot for XIIs since, in the OG colorways. not those terrible nubuck abominations of recent times though. ugh.

wink.gif

Ah ok, so u actually have started to get someWhen u became an adult. Because from urPrevious post i thought that u lost the motivationTo get some once u got older.
Yeah. But just a few though. Just the ones that I really really liked back then 
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom