The Refined Gentleman Thread

A refined gentleman thread and no Ron Swanson? Your thread is worthless OP. Kick rocks. 

Bingo.

If u listen to others to try to be a man then u are not a man

A man is who he is and doesnt hide it and is proud of it and doesnot try to please society by buying a gucci wallet
What if im buying a Gucci wallet (or in my case, LV) cause I like it?

Theres nothing wrong with that either. People buy things cause they want to stunt on IG, others buy cause they genuinely like the item. A little mix of both doesnt hurt either.

I look at my collection of Air Force Ones and realize that I am too to get away with wearing them anymore.
While I applaud your efforts to bring some knowledge to the forum, you could have truly done without this sentence. I never understand this way of thinking; if you truly have matured you would know you're never too old to wear sneakers. Like aforementioned, there is a time and a place for everything.

i just try to do what hov does, says, acts and dresses...he went from street smart hustler to savvy business mogul...

I want to put Matte Black 20" wheels on my Audi A8.  Refined Gents - Are we too grown for that?  Thoughts please.

I want to put Matte Black 20" wheels on my Audi A8.  Refined Gents - Are we too grown for that?  Thoughts please.
wwhd

"no chrome on the wheels, I'm a grown up for real" 

according to him, you are good! 
happy.gif

Three little things you can start with is picking up trash you see lying on the ground. I work in a hospital and when i see something out of place on the floor like a piece of paper or a leaf that has been blown in, I just pick it up, it costs you nothing.

If your reputation is important to you I would start with ALWAYS telling the truth. You'll be amazed to see where owning up to your shortcomings can take you. It's always easy to make up excuses to be late for work. Apologizing and making an effort shows good moral character.

Make your bed, you're too old to leave your house/apartment with your bed in disarray.

Last edited:
I have maybe 6-7 things on that list. Everything else is @#$% I would refuse to buy. Call me "unrefined" and "classless", I don't care at all :lol: I dress better than whoever put that crap together anyway

Bingo.

If u listen to others to try to be a man then u are not a man

A man is who he is and doesnt hide it and is proud of it and doesnot try to please society by buying a gucci wallet

What if im buying a Gucci wallet (or in my case, LV) cause I like it?

Theres nothing wrong with that either. People buy things cause they want to stunt on IG, others buy cause they genuinely like the item. A little mix of both doesnt hurt either.
Thats fine but jf u buy it to be a "gentleman" then u doing it wrong

Wouldn't the general forum be considered the refined gentlemen's forum?

"Buy a wallet that costs more than its contents" is the most ignorant thing to put in a"Refined Gentleman" post :rofl: :smh:

all those "how to be manly" lists are always dumb to me

I always picture it coming from the perspective of some guy with a big beard and 1950's haircut who owns an ole timey barbershops

but it's not old though,  one of those guys with a face made for punching who picked up all their "manliness" from Mad Men and Entourage

Last edited:
A wallet worth more than it's contents actually makes sense, it's a reminder to have priorities in order.

You can drive a BMW or Benz (contents) but if you're still having to rent an apartment (wallet) you have some re evaluating to do.

Then there's the guy who owns a house that drives a 99 Civic.

who is really winning at life?

A wallet worth more than it's contents actually makes sense, it's a reminder to have priorities in order.

You can drive a BMW or Benz (contents) but if you're still having to rent an apartment (wallet) you have some re evaluating to do.

Can't be serious...

So if I have a $600 LV wallet but $4 in my bank account, I have my priorities in order? Wow :lol:

your comparison makes no sense

do I want to own an apartment and drive a benz? (yes) 

or own a house and a civic (I would take the first option, I don't want to own a house)

does than mean my priorities aren't in order?

buying an expensive wallet is just materialism, really not needed. Just a wallet that holds money. 

the guy thats winning at life is the guy who saves his money and buys what is needed, and every once in a while splurging themselves for a gift when they have extra cash (the middle man) 

much more satisfying than buying everything you want until you're broke

your comparison makes no sense

do I want to own an apartment and drive a benz? (yes) 

or own a house and a civic (I would take the first option, I don't want to own a house)

does than mean my priorities aren't in order?

buying an expensive wallet is just materialism, really not needed. Just a wallet that holds money. 

the guy thats winning at life is the guy who saves his money and buys what is needed, and every once in a while splurging themselves for a gift when they have extra cash (the middle man) 

much more satisfying than buying everything you want until you're broke
*reads post*

*looks at avy*

wut?

Back
Top Bottom