The RETRO Gaming Thread!

tenor.gif

So I just added this to the Dreamcast collection. Been on the hunt since 2004 for this without ever coming across a physical copy and within the last week, I've ran into twice. It was destined.
IMG_0669.jpg

With this pick up today, I came down to it that I have a 5 must have games left Domestic and 3 Import (None in order)
1. Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
2. Street Fighter Alpha 3
3. Skies of Arcadia
4. Sonic Adventure 2
5. Crazy Taxi 2

1. Capcom vs. SNK Pro
2. Capcom vs. SNK 2
3. Guilty Gear X

I'm probably the only person who doesn't have (or care to have) Shenmue. Who knows, I might actually like that game if I played it now, but fighters are clearly the most important to me.

Used to have that game... played it with my uncle before he became a crackhead. We also used to play Life Force.

Late night Office Depot jig we’ll see if it ships though. $30 something for a Nintendo SNES mini. Also, I think jig is up now

Attachments

• 37D1906C-0EBD-4C7F-A040-2EADF69B29DE.jpeg
    37D1906C-0EBD-4C7F-A040-2EADF69B29DE.jpeg
    114.9 KB · Views: 17
It came from Indiana. She also had smash Bros for 25 but I snoozed.

I like going thru the memory cards, it was last played saved in 2014 so recent. Sunshine 7 shines saved, mario party 7, smash Bros. Teen titans, lego games lol

Oh wow, okay that's much better! I was sitting there thinking about my eyes straining after a few minutes of play. Definitely something I might pick up since I'm not familiar with the Neo Geo.

I'm not really impressed it with it tbh.

They've gone for the 'cute' look however that small screen and integrated joystick are impractical and will needlessly drive up cost. Thankfully the HDMI out, audio and power aren't proprietary but it looks like the wired controllers are a necessity.

Not sure why they didn't attempt a 'mini' version of their console system with slightly slimmed down arcade sticks.

They've gone for the 'cute' look however that small screen and integrated joystick are impractical and will needlessly drive up cost. Thankfully the HDMI out, audio and power aren't proprietary but it looks like the wired controllers are a necessity.

Not sure why they didn't attempt a 'mini' version of their console system with slightly slimmed down arcade sticks.

I agree with you, that screen is too small to use and that it affects the price. I'm totally cool with them just making a mini-shaped console and call it a day.

NEOGEO X GOLD Limited Edition Amazon product ASIN B00AASU8A4
And since we're talking about Neo-Geo... I never owned one, but I do have this... funny I think the DC adapter is worth more than everything else. Or at least I had the hardest time finding it, just to use on one game.

Attachments

• 20180612_213705.jpg
    20180612_213705.jpg
    317.1 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
I didn't know they already made a NeoGeo mini. Why bother bringing this one back a small screen?

Can someone post a link or pic to this neogeo mini

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO kenny powders kenny powders I think slaughterx slaughterx is referring to this not so impressive third party joint that manufactured by 'Tommo' - which is probably SNK's version of SEGA's AT Games. :sick:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo_Geo_X

It's kind of interesting but this 'new' Neo Geo Mini seems to be based off that portable model based on the integrated screen.

Good YouTube Page

Description
Hey guys!
Welcome the channel and home of the series known as 'History Behind The Warrior'.
This is a channel completely dedicated to the fighting game genre and the history of each individual character.
This is a one man channel guys so go me!.
However this is something ive been wanting to do for awhile so please support the channel by subscribing and sharing!
Thanks.
HBTW.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCF_qf2X2U-sjz_V41TpAczw/videos?view=0&sort=p&flow=grid

If you have a Nintendo Switch, the original arcade version of Donkey Kong is now available on the eShop.

Back
Top Bottom