The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Not sure the majority demographic of this thread appeals to these games, but I'll just pose a question about these games ANYWAY since one of them is a retro classic

DDR or Just Dance?

sega_dreamcast__loading_vmu__by_blueamnesiac-d6t4sve.gif

Listening to random songs and I just heard Lil Wayne shout out the Dreamcast in a song.

Start at the 2:34 mark

Grabbed a PS2 off Ebay yesterday with that 20% code they had. Came out to about $90 & included 16 games & a memory card.

Need to get my hands on these games:
NBA Ballers
ESPN 2K5
State of Emergency
And 1 Streetball
The Getaway
Blitz the League
True Crime LA/True Crime NY
The Godfather
Mafia
Narc
MTV Celebrity Deathmatch
Def Jam Fight for NY (already have Vendetta)
Midnight Club 1-3
GTA 3/VC/San Andreas/LC Stories/VC Stories
Scarface
50 Cent Bulletproof
The Warriors
Yakuza 1/2
Tony Hawk

Found an Nes Advantage joystick controller at Goodwill....for $15 :stoneface:

Ended up stashing it in the store where I will scoop it up for half Price when the color green goes on sale. Found a ps2 copy of "Gun" too.

I seen the classic version at the liquidation store for 50% off but at $50 retail which was a lie they were $25 originally. Would of picked up for under $10 to go with my classics if I ever decide to play them

I seen the classic version at the liquidation store for 50% off but at $50 retail which was a lie they were $25 originally. Would of picked up for under $10 to go with my classics if I ever decide to play them

Glad they didn't get you, hate when they mark up prices and then hit you with "sale" tags. I think I got mine at Fry's electronics store for $15 when they were clearing them out. Still have to mod mine to be more precise. Seen these dudes on YouTube make them super tight.

Ended up stashing it in the store where I will scoop it up for half Price when the color green goes on sale. Found a ps2 copy of "Gun" too.
Lol where exactly did you hide it?

I found two of the SNES advantages at a thrift store yeears ago back in college. Saw some game stuff peakin through the back and the lady brought it out, like for a few bucks each. I don’t use it b/c the buttons are stiff/sticky as hell. But they make a good display piece on top of the tube TV.

BBC35D53-B793-448A-88AF-BDD5797A3C66.jpeg

My bro TURBO UNO TURBO UNO based on your thrift experiences you got me wondering what type of 'hood you live in. :lol:
That area is kinda sketchy but it's because there's a drug rehab hospital nearby, lol.

I found two of the SNES advantages at a thrift store yeears ago back in college. Saw some game stuff peakin through the back and the lady brought it out, like for a few bucks each. I don’t use it b/c the buttons are stiff/sticky as hell. But they make a good display piece on top of the tube TV.

BBC35D53-B793-448A-88AF-BDD5797A3C66.jpeg

Love it! Such good finds. I'd take them apart and clean the buttons so they don't stick.

How everyone reacted in this video back in 1996...........similar reaction all of us made when Super Mario Odyssey was introduced to us a year ago

I played the uncharted series from beginning to end 1-3 following a video guide so I never missed anything ... it was strangely gratifying ...

Uncharted 4 came with my PS4 slim. Heard it's one of the best games on the system, and I was having fun with it, but the unrealistic climbing strangely bothered me. Guy is performing spiderman-like stunts like it's nothing. I'm guessing the other games are like that too.

So I made a list of N64/Gamecube/Wii games I want to get. I'm working on arranging the list to pick games up now vs later. Trying to factor in price, rarity, how good the game is, and demand for the game in the future.

Figured this was a good idea, otherwise I'll drop too much $$$ too quickly...some games won't increase in value as fast as others and I can pick them up down the road.

For example: I picked this up this month...I think the value of this game will continue to go up because you can't play it on steam and it's unlikely to get a remaster:
E894F97C-34CB-490D-96A5-AFF5E914D847.jpeg

108A06E3-1572-4A10-8F88-4F9C99D07C02.jpeg

Props to myself for being an old head and knowing what steam is. #teamwashed

Bout to start posting these in the pickup threads :lol:

Uncharted 4 came with my PS4 slim. Heard it's one of the best games on the system, and I was having fun with it, but the unrealistic climbing strangely bothered me. Guy is performing spiderman-like stunts like it's nothing. I'm guessing the other games are like that too.
Have you experienced 1-3 at all? You definitely have to accept a few unrealistic capabilities throughout the series but it's not a crazy leap, no pun intended ... I have not played 4 so can't speak to how it has evolved ...

#2 is one of the best games I've ever played and I believe is considered one of the best by critics ...

Looks cool but I don't want to play it on that small *** screen.

it hooks up to tvs and can equip with neo geo cd style controllers! and has headphone jack

they didn't give a price or us release date
the japanese version may have a better title selection
40 total tho either way

it hooks up to tvs and can equip with neo geo cd style controllers! and has headphone jack

Oh wow, okay that's much better! I was sitting there thinking about my eyes straining after a few minutes of play. Definitely something I might pick up since I'm not familiar with the Neo Geo.

Back
Top Bottom