The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I actually have the TMS LE on the Wii U... because I'm a Megaten fan. Don't mess with DW tho. I also have the Awakening art book and I used to have Radiant Dawn on the Wii but I sold it.

2364483-snes_nbaallstarchallenge%2B%25281%2529.jpg

Hard to say. I wish I could understand my headspace before/while each game was in my possession.

Since Mario 64 came into my life later, I might get rid of that one.

That isn't me saying it is lb for lb the worst one though

Man, I hope we get a splatter house remake.

I know they did one on ps3 but read it was garbage.

Hard to say. I wish I could understand my headspace before/while each game was in my possession.

I love Mario 64. It defines my childhood more so than the other games since I was a teen at the time so I have much fonder memories of the N64. Easily one of my top 20 or so of all time

That being said, having just played it recently in 3D All Stars along with the other games in the past year or so on the Switch (I've even put a few hours into the Mario Game and Watch thing), the others hold up just a little bit better. Not by much though.

The OG Mario Bros would be my choice to drop. Still a great game but those other 3 hold more weight for me. I was blown away by the graphical advances when I first played Mario 64 at a store kiosk when it came out. SNES was the first system I had as a young in so I played the hell out of SMW finding all the secrets. Also played SMB3 a good deal at a friends place and liked it so much more than 1 and 2 (yea 2 is just weird to this day lol, i forgot the history behind it being so different though).

Manuals.

That’s what I miss most about games these days. Your imagination could run wild with the stories and the artwork in there was always appreciated. Think about Green in the Pokémon manual with Squirtle, facing off against Red and Blue. Man people make up rumors and how to unlock her, what’s she like, etc.

b817da09d041f01a77b96d4356133c46.png

I agree, but hear me out.

How about "1980s Cuban Refugee, who makes it in Miami?"

Like Scarface! That would soooo work.

His new theme would start out like Mick Foleys Crash sound! then sound like a slowed down 80s Data West version of Stone Cold's theme. It will be awesome.

wait, no... it will be TOO SWEET.
What is/was your favorite Data East game?

Back
Top Bottom