The RETRO Gaming Thread!

For the collectors, can yall post your displays?

Always interested in seeing how yall decorate your rooms with this stuff.

DCAllAfrican DCAllAfrican my condo's on the smaller side, so no chance of displaying anything, besides the ladies are gonna be turned off by 8-9 consoles on the media centre along with several games on shelves. :lol: :lol: :lol: :smh: :smh: :smh:

That said, I do keep my retro consoles in clear totes and I have a single Ikea shelving unit for my games in my entry way. Gets the job done.

Decent unlicensed baseball game. Big characters, good game play.

h13JN6X2z6cjw2vyk3NtqVBJ_IDlL4S_Ih1BGQCYKAc.jpg

Rest in peace Tommy Lasorda

I still have that! I always thought it was dope because you could hit the ball out into the stadium parking lot.

My 2 cents on the retrotink is that it doesnt make a crazy difference, but enough of a difference that its worth getting, especially for the deblur feature. I couldnt read the text in paper mario on my tv, but now i can

It's cool so far.
Great review, man.
My 2 cents on the retrotink is that it doesnt make a crazy difference, but enough of a difference that its worth getting, especially for the deblur feature. I couldnt read the text in paper mario on my tv, but now i can

It's a good line doubler, far better than the ebay/Amazon junk but that's about it - you get the 480p signal (that newer HD TVs can handle with varying results). Composite video (single yellow connector), even when upscaled will just be bad but at least your TV won't treat it as a 480i signal.

In that regard the OSSC is a bit better as it offers line triple to quintuple and a ton of other options but the complexity is quite higher and you need to have RGB (SCART, VGA and component) inputs. So there's the cost of the device plus special video connectors. Some consoles even need to be modded to support RGB.

One of my favorite SNES games growing up is Ken Griffey JR Presents Major League Baseball. Loved how you could just pick this game up and either play with friends or against the computer and it was still a blast. I also just learned when you strikeout and batters would sometimes say "Oh come on" its Jim Belushi's voice lol.

For the collectors, can yall post your displays?

Always interested in seeing how yall decorate your rooms with this stuff.
Aside from consoles I don’t have things out on display. I’ve been organizing my games in a closet. Picked up some protector cases and stickers for the N64 games. Like this approach to avoid marking up the cartridges.
37753980-9988-4F21-A2B3-8D14E9836CF8.jpeg

I’ll post more pics once I finish organizing.

I’ve been organizing my games in a closet. Picked up some protector cases and stickers for the N64 games. Like this approach to avoid marking up the cartridges.

Very nice!

I myself don’t like to have many consoles together so I rotate which ones stay for the moment. One week the PS2 will be here and the next week the Sega Genesis could be hooked up. All my other consoles/games stay in the family storage inside plastic tote boxes.

'NBA Jam' Documentary In Development - RealGM Wiretap https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/261203/NBA-Jam-Documentary-In-Development

BestCrosses Studios has optioned Reyan Ali's book "NBA Jam" for a feature documentary about the history and success of the game.

Sean Menard will develop and direct the documentary.

When programmer Mark Turmell and his team at Midway Games released the original “NBA Jam” in 1993, it had an immediate impact and spawned numerous home adaptations, sequels and remakes, including Acclaim’s famous 1994 conversion for Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis.

“When ‘NBA Jam’ hit the arcade, I was barely tall enough to reach the joystick and view the screen at the same time,” says Menard. “But while literally standing on my toes, I was completely immersed in a game that allowed me the creative freedom to perform out-of-this world feats of athleticism. This was during a tipping point for the NBA as the league was bursting with excitement and culture that was appealing to a younger fan base.

“Our film is more than just an original story about the most successful sports game of all time. There are various sub-plots that detail how gaming was transitioning from arcades to home entertainment and how it would eventually lead to the demise of Midway,” adds Menard.

Back
Top Bottom