The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Nintendo Power Supplies Catalog Fall & Winter 1999_0005.jpg

It may make a lot of us feel really old, but there’s an adult generation that “grew up” on the Xbox 360 and the collecting season for it is just beginning. (And it wasn’t that long ago that I dug into the R&V guide for the original Xbox) While this generation has a lot of budget shopping opportunities, this new environment we are living in is ripe for collectors starting to hunt down the rarities early. And as you’ll see below, there’s also a handful of items below that are the result of high-quality games that a certain niche but demand outstrips demand.

I was skeptical about how interested I would be personally in this guide, but I actually had a lot of fun learning about these pieces and putting it together. I hope you enjoy it as well!

In stark contrast to the Cheapest Games series, this Rare & Valuable series takes a look at the most in-demand and expensive games for a console. Below you will see two prices beside each title. The first is the average daily selling price, which is typically the going rate for the either a loose disc or a game in a case but without a manual. The second price is the highest price in the past three months which is usually the price for a gem mint copy (sealed values are then listed separately). The list is ordered by the balance of the two primary prices.

Prices Current as of August 2021

240.jpg

(Not my pic)

Anyone ever hear about/play this?

It's called Paprium.

Homebrew game that was in development for 8 years.

Think Streets of Rage in a cyberpunk setting. Hopefully they releaae it for next gen consoles.

Need Quack Shot to end up on modern platforms. Honestly I’d take it over any 2d Disney game that isn’t Aladdin on Genesis and it’s close still for me.

Yea, this is my first time hearing it.

I really don't keep up with many new releases to be honest.

You interested in that?

Back
Top Bottom