The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Yea, this is my first time hearing it.

I really don't keep up with many new releases to be honest.

You interested in that?

If you're an old school 2d Zelda fan but like a little challenge it’s great. I don’t do much single player completion these days but I made sure I beat it.
So far my favorite game this year

Last edited:
Funny how it doesn't stick at all with what Nintendo inspired :lol:
"Children games" but their logo on a cigar...
But E3, so not sure Shigeru Miyamoto was okay with this :lol:

DB39B99E-FFA4-4498-A19F-E11B6D2A6F54.jpeg

1977 Sharp Linytron-plus crt tv. A few tweaks of the controls and it worked, lol. Got an og NES hooked up to it via rf cable i.e. that long *** cable that came with the system. I don’t know how we played this back in the day, so blurry :lol:

As if Unreal Tournament 2004 & 3 (2007) weren't enough, I'm now playing to UT 1999 & Quake III Arena :lol:
Love fast FPS as you could play 15/20 minutes several times a day still having time for all the stuff you got/want to do

Edit : Retried UT 2014 / UT 4, so deceiving game, it would not be finished anyway, but even if it is not finished it really doesn't need to be played while 99 / 04 / 07 are both different and great as 04 and 07 are concerned, don't know enough 99 yet

Also installed Quake Champions as UT used to look pretty good for a long time while I dislike Quake old graphics, hope it would be a better game than UT 2014

And now looking for old FPS as modern ones take a lot of space, heard about one which existed before Arma 1, in a similar style, got to check this + still have BF 1, 4, 5 to play, and also want to try 3, 2, and an old futuristic one, waiting for the new one to be in sales in a few years, got to check old solo Rainbow Six + old Call of Duty from the 1 to the 5 at least :lol:

Computers are so great as gaming is concerned because playing not so old games lead you to play in great conditions for not too much, and FPS genre got so many games to play...

Then you could add non FPS games but with same point of view, and as they are RPG, gaming is never over, I think I would retry Cyberpunk later, with some mega patch or something...

Last edited:
Anyone know of where to look for arcade cabinets? Finally ready to get the MVC2 cab I wanted since I was a kid but haven’t seen any recently on eBay/OfferUp. Maybe other sites like that to check with buy sell forums or I’m in NY if anyone knows places local.

I saw The King of Kong documentary. Mitchell was a pure villain to the end.
I saw it too and thought it was him in character. Didn’t know it’s his real personality :lol: :smh:

Edit: Stopped by the thrift store and picked up “Far Cry: Vengeance” for the Wii. I had no idea it was released for that console.

Last edited:
Anyone know of where to look for arcade cabinets? Finally ready to get the MVC2 cab I wanted since I was a kid but haven’t seen any recently on eBay/OfferUp. Maybe other sites like that to check with buy sell forums or I’m in NY if anyone knows places local.

1. Craigslist/Offerup
2. KLOV forum
3. arcade-projects.com

good luck, its hard to find a clean cabinet these days…do you want an american cab or a japanese cab?

1. Craigslist/Offerup
2. KLOV forum
3. arcade-projects.com

good luck, its hard to find a clean cabinet these days…do you want an american cab or a japanese cab?

It would be great to get a candy cab but I’d take an American cabinet just the same.

Back
Top Bottom