The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Was looking thru FB marketplace and there's a couple for sale.

Nice. Hope they’re asking for a reasonable price.

My hunting ground has been the thrift store and OfferUp. They all want $100 for it with no games included.

Edit: Found this one a few hours ago. I YouTube’d the game and it looks a little slow but nothing too boring.
2111649B-5F3F-45FC-B650-81108865BA14.jpeg

Last edited:
Do you remember the game you played for your first time on the Dreamcast? For me, it happened to be Hydro Thunder. Back around release date.
I’m pretty sure it was Sonic Adventure at a kiosk in the mall or your store like Toys R Us. I liked it but had an PS1 at the time. I will be buying a Dreamcast from the thrift or flea market when it pops up. That Hydro Thunder game was fun too, I’m assuming it’s the same as PS1 version I have.

Edit: Whatever happened to your original console?

speaking of retro games.
first games ever played on every console that you could remember.

Game and Watch : Bomb Sweeper
Arcade - Gradius
Atari - Centipede
NES - Magmax
Snes - Dbz : SB
Sega Genesis - MK
DreamCast - NBA2K
PS1 - Dragonball GT
PS2 - Final Fantasy XII
PS3 - Infamous
PS4 - GTA V
XB360 - Forza 4
XB1 - Killer Instinct
PC (x286) - Karateka
Wii - Wii Sports
Wii U - Batman: Armored Edition
DSi - Bleach: Dark Souls
N3DS XL - Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Switch - StarLink

Sega Genesis: Altered Beast
Super Nintendo: Super Mario World
PlayStation: the demo disk kiosks they had prior to the release with Jumping Flash, Battle Arena Toshinden
Saturn: Virtua Fighter
N64: Super Mario 64
Dreamcast: Powerstone (or Sonic Adventure Import)

Soul Calibur was a great upgrade from the arcade version (on System 12).

Graphically, it was probably the highlight of the Dreamcast.

Such wasted potential. Sega made a lot of bone head moves that caused them to exit the console market (32X, Saturn).

Bronson Bronson what ever happened to your og Dreamcast console over time? Sell it? Gave it away? Parents have it saved away for you maybe?
That’s a great question. To be honest, I don’t completely remember. But I have the most confidence in believing that we decided to give it away. We definitely wouldn’t just dispose of it. So I probably gave it away to someone down the line.

IIRC, I think the PS2 was released the following year. So I was focused on that, as well as other systems released prior. (Super NES, N64)

That’s a great question. To be honest, I don’t completely remember. But I have the most confidence in believing that we decided to give it away. We definitely wouldn’t just dispose of it. So I probably gave it away to someone down the line.

IIRC, I think the PS2 was released the following year. So I was focused on that, as well as other systems released prior. (Super NES, N64)
That’s nice. I did the same with my og NES in giving it to my cousin in Mexico. He’s here in the US now but my console is still with his pops safely tucked away.

Back
Top Bottom