The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Neighbors giving out way too much info on nextdoor app. Anyways one of my neighbors struggling and has all his game systems for sale. Only asking 40 for his wii and a 6 games and 4 controllers. Its the version that can play GameCube games also. Think ima do my good deed for the day take him $60

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO by any chance, have you ever played this one? It’s been years since I’ve enjoyed it but it was pretty fun imo.

Dat cover. 🔥🔥
1661019937842.jpeg

TURBO UNO TURBO UNO by any chance, have you ever played this one? It’s been years since I’ve enjoyed it but it was pretty fun imo.

Dat cover. 🔥🔥
I think I played this at my uncle’s house once for a short while. I don’t remember too well but I love all Marvel games, yes, even the X-Men game that was released on the NES :lol: Oh no doubt, the covers are the first thing that sells me on them. DC and the Batman stuff doesn’t do that for some strange reason.

You have that game in your collection?

I think I played this at my uncle’s house once for a short while. I don’t remember too well but I love all Marvel games, yes, even the X-Men game that was released on the NES :lol: Oh no doubt, the covers are the first thing that sells me on them. DC and the Batman stuff doesn’t do that for some strange reason.

You have that game in your collection?
I don’t own the game, unfortunately. Would love to check out that X-Men game you mentioned.

I have a soft spot for the NES. It’s a legendary system, imo.

Bronson Bronson check out reviews for the game :lol:
It’s a guilty pleasure for me
Will do! I think there was an E.T game for NES as well that was really poorly received. Even though the film was amazing, it appears that the movie didn’t translate too well into gaming.

Talk about not doing a great movie justice.:lol:

Will do! I think there was an E.T game for NES as well that was really poorly received. Even though the film was amazing, it appears that the movie didn’t translate too well into gaming.

Talk about not doing a great movie justice.:lol:

I think you mean the Atari 2600 but yeah, it’s not a good game at all :lol: It’s a super common game for that system that usually gets packaged in when you buy a used Atari off someone. It’s sad because E.T. was such a dope movie. I heard children cried after they popped the game in and it sucked ***. Parents returned the game to the stores in droves, lol.

I think you mean the Atari 2600 but yeah, it’s not a good game at all :lol: It’s a super common game for that system that usually gets packaged in when you buy a used Atari off someone. It’s sad because E.T. was such a dope movie. I heard children cried after they popped the game in and it sucked ***. Parents returned the game to the stores in droves, lol.
Lol oh yeah, that’s right. Atari, not Nintendo. Sorry about that.

That’s still kind to package it in for people who buy the system. It’s the thought that counts! 🔥

played it. it was horrible and annoying. I remember my childhood friend going around in circles and just watching him annoyed the hell out of me, egging him to pass the controller so that I could do something different and progress. big mistake, when it was my turn, same thing happened. it's a big pile of dung. I enjoyed playing Centipede and PitFall more than that.

from the documentary that I have watched, Steven Spielberg gave his seal of approval for the game and loved it. as great was Spielberg was in movie directing, he's horrible when it comes to gaming or something he has no business of doing.

played it. it was horrible and annoying. I remember my childhood friend going around in circles and just watching him annoyed the hell out of me, egging him to pass the controller so that I could do something different and progress. big mistake, when it was my turn, same thing happened. it's a big pile of dung. I enjoyed playing Centipede and PitFall more than that.

from the documentary that I have watched, Steven Spielberg gave his seal of approval for the game and loved it. as great was Spielberg was in movie directing, he's horrible when it comes to gaming or something he has no business of doing.
Really? Spielberg played the game? I didn’t know that. I did remember reading that he’s a huge fan of video games, so I guess it makes sense that he tried it.

I think Spielberg said he didn’t care how it turns out and thought Atari was just was going to do a Pac-Man style game with an E.T. head pixel graphic. sneeker sneeker you ever hear that rumor?

Just finished Pokemon Snap (emulator on the Switch). Really enjoyed it, nice not to get massively annoyed playing games!

Really? Spielberg played the game? I didn’t know that. I did remember reading that he’s a huge fan of video games, so I guess it makes sense that he tried it.
He said that he played it before the game was released to get the final say on the product. it's either he doesn't know what he was talking about or was just lying. either way, it doesn't excuse that the game was a stupid mess.

watched the documentary on the E.T. game and just felt bad for the creator. it's not like he was bad but rather the game wasn't fully developed and rushed for the holiday season. 1 month development for the game? even during that time period, that would be crazy. hell I spent a whole day designing a rocket ship on Turbo Basic in the 90s, a simple one at that.

Back
Top Bottom