The RETRO Gaming Thread!

1661971114703.jpeg

I thought this also up until this week. hyperstone heist is faster and harder and I enjoy it slightly more. Also said it in the ps thread but after playing the new turtles collection shredders revenge is the best in the series. The combo system makes that game.
Shredders Revenge is simply a beautiful game man. They got everything right with that release.

Less than one week to go and I'll be retro game shopping in Japan! I'm super excited for this again.

Hopefully I'll be able to do it with Kaho Shibuya and she'll IRL stream it! I'll be sure to link it and share the knowledge/shopping fun with you guys if it happens.

I forgot! I got this recently in a trade during Evo 2022!

FZrAMQZUcAA4yy6.jpg

3D was definitely better on PSOne.

Those 2D titles were missing so many frames of animation. Marvel Super Heroes supported the Saturn 1-Meg cartridge expansion. But X-Men vs Street Fighter was the first to support the 4 Meg and led to a very close arcade experience. The only title that was puzzling was Street Fighter Alpha 3, which had some weird slowdown. But oddly it was the closest to the arcade sprite size and gameplay wise (PS One and Dreamcast had less broken V-Ism and other stuff).

Back
Top Bottom