The RETRO Gaming Thread!

So disappointed with the top two choices robocop vs terminator and Incredible Hulk . I remember watching the commercial for the Hulk one specifically and was hyped ... Now that I got it ... It's one of the worst games ever!!! Robo vs Ter is at least entertaining ...

On the bottom are two underrated classic IMO Samuri Showdown and Top Gear :pimp:
Love em both!!

View media item 2143573

Robo Vs. Term was actually quite a good game on the Sega Genesis/Megadrive as it was super violent and slightly faster paced. The Hulk game was pure garbage but the marketing for that one was amazing. The actual game itself was a generic platformer and the Hulk was so utterly useless, you'd think it was regular guy dressed up in a Hulk costume based on how fragile he was.

Never played Top Gear and I remember the Samurai Showdown games being far superior on the Neo Geo.

I really enjoyed Square Enix / Tokyo RPG Factory's I am Setsuna !! It was a nice breath of fresh air & a fond throwback to RPGs of yesteryear. <3

Not a lot of twists & turns on a story layer level. Game play not focused on grinding nor system riding. Not too much character development. In fact, nothing really stands out other than it's personality. I think their clear design focus to reference/harken back to RPGs like Chrono Trigger & the such was a nice change of pace from the fleshed out experiences we're accustomed to nowadays.

My favorite parts? I'm a bit of a nostalgia freak so I loved all the references to Chrono Trigger (there are a LOT of them).

Either way, worth a try. Especially if you enjoy the good old days. Available on Steam PC & PS4.

I've never heard of I am Setsuna. Just looked it up. I gotta get on that. I wish Square would release an HD collection for the new systems of all their SNES JRPG's.

Anyone here play Beyond Oasis for Genesis? That was another good one.

I'll be in Japan in a few weeks for Tokyo Game Show (8th year attending). Really excited to check out all the new games but more importantly, look for more retro games lol.

giphy.gif

What did you guys think of the reboot of Killer Instinct?

Personally I loved (love) it. I think Double Helix and now Iron Galaxy did a great job with Microsoft Game Studios. Now that it's available on PC, more players have access to it.

For me, it was one of my favorite arcade games growing up. So when I had the chance to work with the development team to make/design an arcade stick for Killer Instinct's resurgence... I was stoked.

^Had no idea that Killer Instinct was remade. Gotta check that out.

Any new pre-order news for the NES Console?

I had 2 arcades by my house growing up, but they never had a KI cabinet. Mostly just the Capcom and SNK fighters like Street Fighter, Marvel, King of Fighters, Fatal Fury, etc. And of course Mortal Kombat.

One of my neighbors had KI on 64 though. That announcer was HYPE. "C-C-C-COMBOOOO BREEEEAAAAAKKEERRRR!"

There was this random diner spot I used to go to that had the Killer Instinct arcade cabinet about 20 years ago. 

I remember KI came with a CD with all of the games music :smokin

The cartridge being black was also dope

Back
Top Bottom