The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I need to check this out. The only Castlevania I've played is Symphony of the Night.

They're really good. Circle of the Moon is like a cross between traditional Castlevania and the Iga (metroidvania) games. It can be a bit hard at times though. Harmony of Dissonance is weird, but worth playing. Aria is where the series begins to shine and arguably surpasses Symphony of the Night.

About to finish up Dawn of Sorrow. I'd say both Sorrow games are as good if not better than SOTN.

I’m interested in playing the one for the PS3, don’t remember the name but it’s probably the only one for the system.

I feel that way about “Adventures of Bayou Billy” for the NES.
1708406445365.jpeg

I feel like I have only beat the GBA/DS Castlevanias... I really need to go back and give SotN another shot.
Yes you got to. Its should be a breeze with internet now. I didn't learn about the upside down castle till about a year later when we got high speed internet. THATS a game that needs a remake!

Yes you got to. Its should be a breeze with internet now. I didn't learn about the upside down castle till about a year later when we got high speed internet. THATS a game that needs a remake!
Like the mehtastic Dracula X on PSP?

I can't think of any way to make the game better besides boost the resolution and include the additions from the Saturn version (but with the PS1 graphics).

Like the mehtastic Dracula X on PSP?

I can't think of any way to make the game better besides boost the resolution and include the additions from the Saturn version (but with the PS1 graphics).
Pretty much. It could look GLORIOUS now. I’d update animations, have the art closer to Ayami Kojima’s actual art, make Simon and Maria actually useable.

Pretty much. It could look GLORIOUS now. I’d update animations, have the art closer to Ayami Kojima’s actual art, make Simon and Maria actually useable.
2D or 3D? Cell-shaded or modern?

I think you could use Maria in the Saturn version. Isn't Richter, the classic whip wielder?

2D or 3D? Cell-shaded or modern?

I think you could use Maria in the Saturn version. Isn't Richter, the classic whip wielder?
Really high quality 2D like Guilty Gear and Skullgirls mixed with a little 3D. I remember Maria being unlockable but you would eventually get stuck because she did have the same capabilities as Alucard andI think you’re right, it was Richter in the beginning of the game. Also, redo everyone’s VA except Dracula. That stays! :lol:

I never finished Bayou Billy. That game is hard.

Everyone reveres Mario Kart 64 but I preferred the SNES version more. And it didn't have that terrible CPU cheating (or assist if you were in a low place).

I never really liked N64 Mario Kart at all man.

My FAVORITES (never played the wii version)

8 Deluxe
GameCube
SNES

i also felt Super Mario World on the SNES was better than Super Mario 64

…come to think of it, Zelda was better on the SNES too
Super Mario 64 and Zelda 64 were amazing experiences. I actually like Zelda 64 more than Link to the Past. I was disappointed by SNES Zelda. But Mario World and All Stars are amazing games. 3D games have come a long way since Mario. SNES had legitimately the best 2D games.
Really high quality 2D like Guilty Gear and Skullgirls mixed with a little 3D. I remember Maria being unlockable but you would eventually get stuck because she did have the same capabilities as Alucard andI think you’re right, it was Richter in the beginning of the game. Also, redo everyone’s VA except Dracula. That stays! :lol:
I’d be okay with that. Guilty Gear Strive and Dragon Ball have great cell shaded like graphics. But man those DS a games make me pine for the old ways.

Man I still got old cassette tapes put away some where. Wonder how many crazy looks I'd get if I went out in public with them.

Started playing Portrait of Ruin. Going to have to get use to this two players at the same time thing. Will only have Order of Eccleasia after this to finish. Started out just replaying Symphony of the Night. That triggered me to run through all the GBA and DS games. It's been real fun, although Dracula in Circle of the Moon can be a real pos in his final forum.

Back
Top Bottom