The RETRO Gaming Thread!

I see they got a “new” NBA Jam coming out for Adult Entertainment Establishments by the same team that made NBA Jam. Hopefully it doesn’t take console a long time like that terrible Turtles game or Crusin.

I loved NBA Jam. The arcade was so much fun back in the day. Sucks that my local retro spot went away.

jordanvsbird-1670127127989.jpg

It was wild discovering Black Belt was a reskinned Fist of the North Star.

And Last Battle on Genesis being another Fist of the North Star reskin.

I’m older. We didn’t have a lot of money but my mom managed to get my brother and I a Sega Master System with the 3D glasses. I had a buddy Thomas. Dat boy had mad games and would kindly lend them to me. Phantasy Star was fiyah. The first RPG I fell in love with.

I felt like the Genesis was more a realization of the arcade experience. But Master System could have legitimately been as good or better than NES spec wise. But it was only one company churning out games.

I miss Sega.

Everything you said here is right on the money. I too didn’t know Black Belt waS localize from Fist of the North Star & same with Last Battle for the Genesis. I didn’t know this fact until I came across gameplay videos on YouTube in the early 2000s. Makes me wish Sega would’ve stuck with the FOTNS ip for the American games

Man I miss Sega as well. it was the first true Arcade to Home experience for me growing up. Always will see Titles like OutRun , After Burner , Shinobi arcades at a corner store or some establishment back in the days & we will come across the home versions on the SMS because everybody was getting those games in the neighborhood

I love Nintendo but Nintendo wasn’t giving me that same experience like I felt with Sega growing up

This looks dope! I remember my mom used to work at the LA Sports Arena (where the clippers played) and she would let me and my brothers come hangout around the arena every now and then. They had the OG NBA Jam machine and a bunch of other games one time for some reason. Great times :pimp:

Everything you said here is right on the money. I too didn’t know Black Belt waS localize from Fist of the North Star & same with Last Battle for the Genesis. I didn’t know this fact until I came across gameplay videos on YouTube in the early 2000s. Makes me wish Sega would’ve stuck with the FOTNS ip for the American games

Man I miss Sega as well. it was the first true Arcade to Home experience for me growing up. Always will see Titles like OutRun , After Burner , Shinobi arcades at a corner store or some establishment back in the days & we will come across the home versions on the SMS because everybody was getting those games in the neighborhood

I love Nintendo but Nintendo wasn’t giving me that same experience like I felt with Sega growing up
It’s crazy how great a company Sega was. They were creating incredible arcade experiences AND home hits as well. That Master System, Genesis and Arcade era was incredible. It’s wild they and a lot of the Japanese giants don’t mine steady streams on STEAM. Give me Model 1, 2, 3, Genesis and Saturn titles.

Back
Top Bottom