The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Released 15 years ago today...
eek.gif

788-1.jpg

i think i spotted a pair of aj5's :nthat:

stossel lining up for mario 2 like it was a pair of j's...

Last edited:
Is Half-Life 2 considered a "retro" game :lol:? I've been playing through it for the first time over the past week and I can't put it down. Amazing game. Should finish it up tonight or tomorrow and then I'll be moving on to Episodes 1&2.

Last edited:
Is Half-Life 2 considered a "retro" game
laugh.gif
? I've been playing through it for the first time over the past week and I can't put it down. Amazing game. Should finish it up tonight or tomorrow and then I'll be moving on to Episodes 1&2.
Half-Life 2 was released 12 years ago, so yes, it's considered a retro game.

No pre-orders. You just gotta hope there's some in stock you go to whatever retailer you plan on getting it at.

Is Half-Life 2 considered a "retro" game :lol:? I've been playing through it for the first time over the past week and I can't put it down. Amazing game. Should finish it up tonight or tomorrow and then I'll be moving on to Episodes 1&2.
I've been putting off playing this for so long now.:lol:

Gotta give that a run through this winter.

In 1991, a storm swept over the international arcade scene. Street Fighter II swept the world, invigorating the arcade scene, determine the future of the ongoing home console war, and bringing a small genre fully into the public eye. Much like Doom’s effect on the First Person Shooter, Street Fighter 2 was followed by a legion of knock offs and clones, some mere travesties, and some with innovative and original ideas that would go on to further define the 2D VS. Fighter genre.

The titles on this list are just a few of the games that would be spawned from Capcom’s fighting masterpiece. They showcase many different styles and sub-genres of the 2D fighter, while also showcasing different art styles, controls, and techniques within the genre. It’s highly likely that fighting fans will find at least one title on this list worth checking out, and though this list is forty titles long, it is by no means definitive. In some cases other titles have been referenced, or series mentioned; these are also worth exploring for the fighter fan who wants to find something new to play, or those just interested in what the genre has to offer. And there are many quality games beyond that. If there’s a title you feel readers should know about that you don’t see on this list, please mention it in the comments section, or join the forums to discuss it.

A few points of note: first, you will notice the list is composed of arcade and console releases. Fighters for handhelds were not included, primarily because they rightfully deserve their own topic. PC-only fighters were also not included; there are quality fighters for the PC, both professional and fan-made(Arm Joe comes to mind), but PC gaming has never been the focus of this site.

Second, the list is in rough chronological order based on years of release, so all games released in 1995 or 1997 are together, though not in any order. The games here are also all post-SFII, since the majority of fighting games were released in the wake of Street Fighter II’s success.

The Best Undiscovered 2D Fighting Games | RetroGaming with Racketboy http://www.racketboy.com/retro/fighting/the-best-undiscovered-2d-fighters

Back
Top Bottom