The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Ain't nothing wrong with the fufu cable lol
  I read or saw a video where some tech savy gamers were explaining/warning that those cheapo power adapters have a tendency to give inconsistent power thus could fry some of the electronics inside your system. I would just play it safe and get an og used one instead since they cost the same.

I have the sega that brings 80 games.

Play Streets of Rage and the sound is terrible.

pftjordans pftjordans :smokin, I got the Retron 5 also for about 110 from Amazon. Had it on preorder, but my card never processed it because I got a new one along the way. The price shot up to like 200 but I still got the preorder amount.

I definitely appreciate how I can have all my games on one system and save space. My only gripe is that sometimes the cart doesn't read, and if you try to start it, it will erase the cartridge's save. Not sure if that happens to anyone else. So I make sure to use save states every time.

pftjordans pftjordans :smokin, I got the Retron 5 also for about 110 from Amazon. Had it on preorder, but my card never processed it because I got a new one along the way. The price shot up to like 200 but I still got the preorder amount.

I definitely appreciate how I can have all my games on one system and save space. My only gripe is that sometimes the cart doesn't read, and if you try to start it, it will erase the cartridge's save. Not sure if that happens to anyone else. So I make sure to use save states every time.

Nice!!!! I got mine off jet.com for 120! Awesome deal u got :pimp:

I have not had issues. But I am careful about saving my game progress, cleaning the cartridge before inserting and turning the system off before removing or switching out a game. It's fits real tight for SNES games so I'm careful not to yank it out. Gameboy games run excellent as well. No issues in that area but I still handle with care...

Enjoy man!! :smokin

Played a couple games on the firestick with the 8bit controller lastnight...Not bad at all.

Response time is kind of slow...But the fact I can simply play Blades of Steel and Super Mario RPG makes me real happy.

400 smackaroos 0] crazy there isn't a cheaper alternative.

OSSC is cheaper at around 225-250 depending on conversion. Has little to no input lag but is an open source design - so you need to be tech savvy to operate it. It also doesn't have Composite (Yellow) or S-Video inputs, just SCART, Component & VGA.

XRGB is more user friendly but has input lag and is very expensive.

most genesis games are dirt cheap
but then some of the great ones are pretty expensive with case & instructions...like the tmnt in time game for example...even strider or ghouls n ghosts

Back
Top Bottom