The RETRO Gaming Thread!

Thats where i picked up my playstation classic a few months ago... decided to play it this weekend... and i had a lot of fun playing the old games... its definitely more for nostalgic value and not something id play often... didnt mod it and just bought a stick on amazon with all the games... so much easier lol

I'd have gone for the ps classic if they'd done a dualshock. I got mine in 97 so my time spent with a regular control ler wasn't that long and my best memories are from the stretch when I played it after classes in college.

TG-16 and the Megadrive are both going to be needed so I can feel like I won that scam contest from the 90s.

ugr01.jpg

^^^
SNES looking like a kiddie toy among that package. :lol::lol::lol:

Miss those tower style audio systems, Pops had a Sansui setup in the late 80s. Fantastic sound.

Contest looks and feels like a major scam though...

Yeah I did some digging a while back and the company that ran them would declare bankruptcy every year then come back with a new name the next year. This and eastbay made for consumerism day dreaming in elementary/middle school.

I know I can get everything running on a retropie build, but I kind of love these official mini systems.

How is there an PAL SNES system in that American-based advertisement flyer? Crazy

Good eye my G, SNES came out in September '91 and that ad asks that you mail in your cheque and submission by September 28, '91 so it was probably published before that.

All the more reason to not trust these guys. :lol::lol::lol:

#2 for me.

Anyone ever play Terranigma? It's an SNES RPG that never released in the US. Supposedly an incredible game though. I'm gonna start playing it sometime this week.
Did you ever start Terranigma? It's a game that I have intentions of adding to one of my SNES classics when I redeploy. I follow this channel on YT and thought this was a pretty good review although I haven't played it yet

Did you ever start Terranigma? It's a game that I have intentions of adding to one of my SNES classics when I redeploy. I follow this channel on YT and thought this was a pretty good review although I haven't played it yet

Yeah I'm like 4 hours in. It's just OK so far, but reading online it takes around 22 hours to complete so there's still plenty of time for it to pick up.

Picked up a few games a couple of hours ago. Not bad prices but they’re definitely not what I’m used to. This Goodwill happens to be in a nice area so maybe that could be the reason for the different prices. Anyway I bought...

PS1 Future Cop: LAPD 2100 ($1.99)

PS1 Lego Racers ($3.99)

PS1 Monsters Inc. ($.99)

PS3 Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe ($3.99)

I'd have gone for the ps classic if they'd done a dualshock. I got mine in 97 so my time spent with a regular control ler wasn't that long and my best memories are from the stretch when I played it after classes in college.

TG-16 and the Megadrive are both going to be needed so I can feel like I won that scam contest from the 90s.

ugr01.jpg
The amount of money needed to legally run that would be incredible back then. No wonder they "filed bankruptcy."

Wife subscribed to Hulu, I am so ready to watch this.

Snagged a ps classic from the amazon/best buy sale over the 4th. Bleemsync install was pretty easy and now I'm curating a list of must plays for myself and for my niece and nephew to experience what I played in late high school.

First thing's first was to add Pocket Fighter, so tired of Puzzle Fighter (even though I think it was one of my first downloads from the PSN)

Just saw this piece recently, brought back to nostalgia for me. Follows the developers of some Dreamcast exclusive games, their involvement with creation of some of these titles, and the downfall of the console. If you have the time it's pretty solid. Dreamcast is one of my favorite systems of all time.

Last edited:
The Dreamcast was amazing, just came out a little too early and after people had been burned twice by Sega. For its limited lifespan and smaller library, it really left a lasting impact on gaming.

Just saw this piece recently, brought back to nostalgia for me. Follows the developers of some Dreamcast exclusive games, their involvement with creation of some of these titles, and the downfall of the console. If you have the time i'ts pretty solid. Dreamcast is one of my favorite systems of all time.

The Dreamcast was amazing, just came out a little too early and after people had been burned twice by Sega. For its limited lifespan and smaller library, it really left a lasting impact on gaming.

The rampant piracy killed it. Once you had self booting pirated CD-Rs it was a wrap.

The rampant piracy killed it. Once you had self booting pirated CD-Rs it was a wrap.

My brother had a friend who invited us over once...dude had tons of bootleg PS1 and Dreamcast games. I don’t think I spotted any retail purchased games, lots of Memorex :lol:

my friend had a thing plugged into the back of his ps1 and had bootleg games

we mostly played the hot wheels racing game lol

Anyone remember the PS1 mod where you had to leave the disc cover open when you turn it on, or sometimes you had to tilt the whole thing. That ruined our PS1 after a while :lol:

Back
Top Bottom