THE REVISED KOBE VI THREAD: (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/ST) COLORWAYS ON SALE,NDC AND EASTBAY ****

i just used the 25% off coupon for the blue camos on eastbay and there's tax for california!? since when!?  
nerd.gif

Originally Posted by BronLe

How fast does Deadstockshoes.com ship?

I would say the real question is are you pre-ordering or buying whats in stock? The difference is you having your kicks in about a week, or hopefully getting them s#!ts before your kids get out of college. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by BronLe

How fast does Deadstockshoes.com ship?

I would say the real question is are you pre-ordering or buying whats in stock? The difference is you having your kicks in about a week, or hopefully getting them s#!ts before your kids get out of college. 
tired.gif

Originally Posted by rukawa005

Originally Posted by teemaku

i just used the 25% off coupon for the blue camos on eastbay and there's tax for california!? since when!?  
nerd.gif
whaaaat?!  i hope ur joking.. 
frown.gif
They started charging tax to CA customers about a week ago, that was the best thing about Eastbay, no tax + free shipping
30t6p3b.gif

nerd.gif
frown.gif
They started charging tax to CA customers about a week ago, that was the best thing about Eastbay, no tax + free shipping
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by Decepticon0

nerd.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
That's crap!!  Wonder if Eastbay Ray can shed some light on this.  I thought you had to have a presence in the state where the business is done in order to charge those residents tax.  Do they have an office/location in CA?  Wow. 

nerd.gif
frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif
That's crap!!  Wonder if Eastbay Ray can shed some light on this.  I thought you had to have a presence in the state where the business is done in order to charge those residents tax.  Do they have an office/location in CA?  Wow. 

Originally Posted by dubchester

frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

According to Eastbay
California has recently passed legislation requiring us to collect tax on all orders.  This tax has been placed into effect by the State of California, not Eastbay. Because this a state legislation, we are forced to comply and would not typically send any notification. You should have been made aware of the situation by way of your local government, therefore, not necessitating any correspondence from Eastbay.
I think eastbay just implemented this. It is just unfortuante for all CA heads
30t6p3b.gif

frown.gif
30t6p3b.gif

According to Eastbay
California has recently passed legislation requiring us to collect tax on all orders.  This tax has been placed into effect by the State of California, not Eastbay. Because this a state legislation, we are forced to comply and would not typically send any notification. You should have been made aware of the situation by way of your local government, therefore, not necessitating any correspondence from Eastbay.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by torres

30t6p3b.gif

According to Eastbay
30t6p3b.gif

Yup this officially sucks.

Originally Posted by torres

30t6p3b.gif

According to Eastbay
30t6p3b.gif

Yup this officially sucks.

yea that tax in CA from websites is stupid government.

B&M (brick and mortar) aka actual stores were *****in that online stores, MOST NOTABLY AMAZON are getting 10% advantage due to no tax. so the new law is something like if the website has any physical store or affiliates in the state then they have to tax.

So eastbay must have some affiliate in CA..

amazon slapped CA in the face by saying, fine if your going to do that, we are dropping all CA affiliates, which causes loss of jobs, but they can still continue to not charge tax..

that is to sum it up from what I've read im sure it may not be 100% accurate but thats the jist of things..

YES IT DOES SUCK, I loved eastbay because of no tax in CA, but now.. it just makes it so they aren't always my first choice..

yea that tax in CA from websites is stupid government.

B&M (brick and mortar) aka actual stores were *****in that online stores, MOST NOTABLY AMAZON are getting 10% advantage due to no tax. so the new law is something like if the website has any physical store or affiliates in the state then they have to tax.

So eastbay must have some affiliate in CA..

amazon slapped CA in the face by saying, fine if your going to do that, we are dropping all CA affiliates, which causes loss of jobs, but they can still continue to not charge tax..

that is to sum it up from what I've read im sure it may not be 100% accurate but thats the jist of things..

YES IT DOES SUCK, I loved eastbay because of no tax in CA, but now.. it just makes it so they aren't always my first choice..

The CA tax is a blow to ordering from Eastbay. I will buy from them if there is a 20% coupon code or the shoes are a must cop.

The CA tax is a blow to ordering from Eastbay. I will buy from them if there is a 20% coupon code or the shoes are a must cop.

I too ordered Blue Camos with 25% off code and noticed on my confirmation email I got charged tax. I then sent them an email maybe a mistake was made and if they can credit me. Here's what they told me "Unfortunately, California has recently enacted a new state law where CA taxes have to be calculated"..." Its a California thing; Eastbay has to abide by their regulations". I guess for this purchase was ok cause I was able to use 25% off but will be hesitant for future coupon restricted purchases.

I too ordered Blue Camos with 25% off code and noticed on my confirmation email I got charged tax. I then sent them an email maybe a mistake was made and if they can credit me. Here's what they told me "Unfortunately, California has recently enacted a new state law where CA taxes have to be calculated"..." Its a California thing; Eastbay has to abide by their regulations". I guess for this purchase was ok cause I was able to use 25% off but will be hesitant for future coupon restricted purchases.

Back
Top Bottom