THE REVISED KOBE VI THREAD: (NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING/ST) COLORWAYS ON SALE,NDC AND EASTBAY ****

Originally Posted by blackcat23mj

Originally Posted by alsasam

You realize you wrote "if your a doctor", and you're clowning on people about grammar.

i guess you didnt see the
wink.gif
after the your.

Damn I actually didnt see the smiley, they dont come up on my phone sometimes...now I feel stupid. That ace shirt is sick

^here refers to Philippines.

I'm loving the shirt more than the shoe
laugh.gif
:

kudos to titan for the complimentary shirt.

Think pink is also due to release tomorrow.

Funny to me how the Kobe line continues to pump out various CWs and Lebron line just sort of reluctantly releases C r a p here and there depending on their moods that day or whatever the deal.

My question is, Is Lebron and his "crew", associates/whoever pulls the strings over there that D ouc he y and arrogant, or are Kobe and his handlers/ whoever pulls the strings on Kobe's line that chill that they just say let 'em(the public) have whatever they want.

In summary, Kobe's line gives his fans and supporters a pretty good taste of various colorways and designs, while most of Lebron's line leaves his fans and supporters wanting for more.  I don't want to start a Kobe > Bron type argument, but its interesting to me that as sneaker and basketball fans, we get most of what we want with the Kobe 6, while so many CWs go unreleased on the other side of things.  Is this a personal thing, a corporate thing, or a "crew" thing.  Maybe a combination of all 3. just wondering.  I STRESS. no need for this person better than this person.  More interested if anyone really knows inside or outside NIKE, how these issues are settled and managed. 

Is there anywhere online I can get the Think Pinks in size 7 girls/ size 5 mens?
And did they come out in HoH's?
THANKS

Originally Posted by Bryscooplaygrifhold

Funny to me how the Kobe line continues to pump out various CWs and Lebron line just sort of reluctantly releases C r a p here and there depending on their moods that day or whatever the deal.

My question is, Is Lebron and his "crew", associates/whoever pulls the strings over there that D ouc he y and arrogant, or are Kobe and his handlers/ whoever pulls the strings on Kobe's line that chill that they just say let 'em(the public) have whatever they want.

In summary, Kobe's line gives his fans and supporters a pretty good taste of various colorways and designs, while most of Lebron's line leaves his fans and supporters wanting for more.  I don't want to start a Kobe > Bron type argument, but its interesting to me that as sneaker and basketball fans, we get most of what we want with the Kobe 6, while so many CWs go unreleased on the other side of things.  Is this a personal thing, a corporate thing, or a "crew" thing.  Maybe a combination of all 3. just wondering.  I STRESS. no need for this person better than this person.  More interested if anyone really knows inside or outside NIKE, how these issues are settled and managed. 
Rock explained the situation in detail in the lebron thread. If I find it, I'll edit this post with the link.
edit: http://niketalk.com/topic/303336/THE-REVISED-LEBRON-8-THREAD-Vol-No-Ring-This-Year?page=213

I really don't like to discuss player's character traits in a shoe thread but I find it pretty comical you label Lebron as an arrogant dou che while leaving Kobe alone.   Ohhhh but this is a Kobe thread, now it all makes sense.
laugh.gif

Aces are still a cop for me. Shirt is decent.

ace, laker gradient, laker 3d, dk, the list goes on.....might end up with like 15 pairs of kobe vi, when its all said and done. Crazy. I could ball everyday in these Kobes till i am 40, and prolly still have a few DS.....

These things are pretty much tanks.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

Rock explained the situation in detail in the lebron thread. If I find it, I'll edit this post with the link.
thanks.  I will PM him just to get the cliffs version.

And, just to clarify, I don't know who is behind the decisions. But, whoever is RESPONSIBLE, I would label as uptight and overly controlling, to think that releasing 4-5 colors of a shoe the public is clamoring for would somehow "lessen" or take something away from the line.  Perhaps its not Do uch ey, perhaps its insecure, I don't really know, but for whatever reason, we don't tend to see the same or similar things happening with the Kobe line.  Maybe it has absolutely nothing to do with either player, and merely whoever is managing them.  Does that mean, Kobe is awesome and Lebron sucks. NO.  I personally don't know either so I have no clue, but what I do know is that if my name were on something, I would make darn sure it was accessible to as many people that wanted it for a fair and reasonable price.  (i.e KD35- huge respect for his line and how they've handled it).

Originally Posted by eddo1005

ace, laker gradient, laker 3d, dk, the list goes on.....might end up with like 15 pairs of kobe vi, when its all said and done. Crazy. I could ball everyday in these Kobes till i am 40, and prolly still have a few DS.....

These things are pretty much tanks.
Yep, somethin for everybody in the VI.  About the tank thing though maybe I'm a bit harder on my hooping pair but the sole is already coming unglued after about 3 months of use.  Also at the flex point right below the toe, on both sides the material is ripping creating a hole in between the scales, on both shoes.  However this isn't slowing down my purchases.  It's amazing how soft and flexxible this shoe gets from continued use. Looking forward to the VII, hope it lives up to the VI.

Originally Posted by ohdannyboy

thanks.  I will PM him just to get the cliffs version.

And, just to clarify, I don't know who is behind the decisions. But, whoever is RESPONSIBLE, I would label as uptight and overly controlling, to think that releasing 4-5 colors of a shoe the public is clamoring for would somehow "lessen" or take something away from the line.  Perhaps its not Do uch ey, perhaps its insecure, I don't really know, but for whatever reason, we don't tend to see the same or similar things happening with the Kobe line.  Maybe it has absolutely nothing to do with either player, and merely whoever is managing them.  Does that mean, Kobe is awesome and Lebron sucks. NO.  I personally don't know either so I have no clue, but what I do know is that if my name were on something, I would make darn sure it was accessible to as many people that wanted it for a fair and reasonable price.  (i.e KD35- huge respect for his line and how they've handled it).
Well, rock said that with the lbj line that lebron comes in, see's the cw's and decides which one's will release and which one's will go to his crew. I think you don't see this with the kobe line simply because kobe doesn't have an entourage. I don't see it as lebron being douchey (I really don't think he cares which shoes become exclusives and which become gr's) but rather him looking out for his boys. I know if I was him, I would do the same for my people so I really can't be mad at him.

You should please and cater to the people that buy your stuff.... plain and simple.. If Kobe and KD do that, then why is Lebron above it?  So he does what he does not because he's selfish and feels entitled, but because he's trying to look out for his "crew"??? Makes no sense to me.  My "crew"(loose term") is my "crew" because we're truly friends and have been for awhile- not because I hook them up with stuff I get for free or is made for me.

Back to the Kobes, my point in posting was appreciating that we get so spoiled with all the colorways- while on one hand it seems excessive- I prefer to be flooded with cool colorways and options like Camo/metallics, and gradients, versus having to settle for stuff that I really don't even love. 

In this regard, I feel like Kobe's line and even KD's line have far outdone the other dude we mention. Hey, for all I know, he's the greatest SOB in the world - the whole leave "that guy" alone and let him do his thing honestly makes me sick though- He's a multi-million dollar premier athlete with people constantly stroking his ego.  Little things go a long way- releasing some of his "own crew's" colorways would do just that- how difficult would it be to try and endear yourself to the public peon masses?- maybe he just doesn't care? END RANT

After some hemming and hawing, I think Aces will have to be copped.  Might mean my Chaos 6s are on the "block"

Originally Posted by bmoore34

Originally Posted by EastbayRep

Originally Posted by dubchester

Eastbay has all the new team colorways...6 in all!! Not a huge fan of any but I know some of you guys are. Didn't know they were releasing. EDIT: looks like they are a pre-order item. Shipping on 9/12.
Hey guys, I would just like to confirm that we have recently received the Kobe VI in six different team colorways. They are currently available for pre-order and we do expect them to ship on 9/12. You can check out those, and the rest of our Kobe VI shoes here: http://bit.ly/om6bPW Thanks.

EastbayRep - Dustin
Dustin, Just a heads up your link doesn't pull up the new colors, but if you search Kobe VI you will find them.
Dustin said thanks for the heads up!
laugh.gif
  Here is the correct link for you guys:

http://bit.ly/oECdrD

Originally Posted by dubchester

^ Thanks, Dustin! Were these a surprise shipment since you guys weren't expecting anything this month or next month?
Defiantly was a surprise.  I did another check on any upcoming shipments in for Kobe VI shoes and the Team Bank colorways are the only ones we are expecting in for next month (September). 

Originally Posted by thapointguy

New TBs aren't cutting it. They will sit on Eastbay. Eastbay rep, you guys should discount them right now.
laugh.gif
Give it some time. 
smile.gif

EastbayRep - Ray

looks like a great shoe if you're a raiders fan.....
add some blood splatter and you're ready for a live game... =)

Back
Top Bottom